ORVG Coffee House #175 - Springing Forward!

Sending T&P for Annie and Cajun.
not much here
kite flying with kids today
watched a movie
pancakes for dinner
good night

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thoughts and prayers going out for cajuninky and Annie. Sorry I did not read up further earlier. I'm not sure what planet I am on right now.

Kimberley, Craig may be able to help with your order system. He's built all that stuff for the business down in town and it's all sitting here for whatever.

Gotta get some more stuff done before it gets dark....

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Keeping Steve for more tests. His BP is still up. Think it's his kidneys. Also want to do another ECG. Started him on IV fluid. Thanks for all the visits, calls, help and prayers. It means the world to us. So good to have a church family that loves us and cares for us when our own family is far away. Thankful for the Biggs Church of God.

Columbus, OH

Cajun, I'll keep your family in my thoughts.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here for you too Cajun!
Good luck to the Hubby!

Chele's exactly correct.
That's Tradescantia 'Sweet Kate' or 'Blue and Gold' if you have older tags.

Spiderwort by definition is any member of the Family of plants know as Commelinaceae.
The family is divided in two subfamilies, 40 genera and 652 species.
These include the Tinantia, Tradescantia and Callisa's as well as many others.
Plus like Bachelor Buttons, Forget-me-not and Wandering Jew, the Spiderwort name is used for many other plants not remotely related.
Most gardeners mean Tradescantia when they say Spiderwort.
Problem is the 'hanging' Tradescantia are known as Wandering Jew....
Confused yet? LOL!
That's why I try to stay w/ Latin names....

Temps are holding strong at 57° here.... Frost Advisory still in affect.... but....

Thumbnail by henryr10
Waddy, KY

Cajun, sorry to hear about your husband. May the CT scan come back clear. If we lived closer I could at least help get your feeding done. Just know that we're thinking about you both.

Twas a big market weekend so I'll have to bake extra for next weekend since we have an extra market thrown in too. I put a spread over the 160 pots of lilies last night. There was ice on the windshield but I dont' think it frosted on the ground. I sure never broke a sweat digging daylilies today. Got five orders to go out tomorrow. That should catch me up for a week or so.

Better go set up for my baking tomorrow morning.

~~~~~~~ to all!

Janet

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Cajun, keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Chelle sending T&P your way too.

Thanks for the clarity? (LOL) on the spiderwort.

Take care all
g'night

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
We have 3 plants called Bachelor Buttons in our yard... none are related.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Cajun....keeping you and hubby in my prayers and thoughts. Also Annie. Is she home yet Julie? Sure hope she feels better soon. Pneumonia is not fun...been there...with two diff kinds.
Had a great Mother's Day here....welll..almost. I did get some bad news...that I would rather not share here....about my eldest granddaughter. Please keep her in your prayers. Her name is Tara.
The boys came...and the little gkids. We went to KFC for chicken....and it was good. I think everyone else had the same idea though...lol.
Then our youngest son...wanted to go...are you ready for this? Plant shopping!!! Like..I needed to do that..huh? But of course...I didn't mind a bit!! So it was fun.
And then tomorrow...guess what? More plant shopping!!! LOL.
Well...these people had a greenhouse and went out of business last yr. Sold the place, and now have put up a greenhouse at their home..and we were invited to their open house...so of course...we have to go..right?
We were really good customers of theirs...lol. They are very nice people.
I hope you all had a wonderful day. I am off to bed now. Good night all.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Sending thoughts and prayers to Cajun and her DH, AnnieBBB, and Chele.

Had a great day. 3 couples from church went out for lunch, as their children live out of state, and mine was working. Had a good Asian Buffet. I came home and had a nap, and then some people came to buy daylilies. I am just not strong enough to do it, and I told them I would give a discount if they dug them theirselves. Deal. So they left happy, and I stayed here a little more change in my pocket.

It is getting late, I need to get to bed, as I have a DR appointment in the morning.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sleep Well Bonnie!

Thanks Ric.

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Goodmorning!

We only got down to about 40, so no frost.

Thoughts and prayers still for Cajun and DH, and AnnieBBB, Marcy's GD, and Chele, and those of you having the grumpies. HUGGS all around!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Good Morning... Heavy Frost here. Yuck.

I finally got the flat tire on the riding mower fixed; the yard hadn't been mowed for 3 weeks. God forbid my sister and The Kid might have done anything the ten days I was away. Anyway, a neighbor boy has moved back, and he mowed the front twice, high on Saturday, and lower on Sunday. The back is much too high now for a mower. Zack will come back after school tomorrow and rake, and I hope I can borrow Buster's gas weed-eater. My beds are now edged with 2 foot tall weeds!

Off to NC (75 miles away) this morning to get goat milk to make yogurt. I'm finding I tolerate it much better than cow's milk yogurt... it's that A1-A2 amino acid thing... goat milk is all A2.

Prayers for those ailing and/or grumpy!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Prayers still going for Annie and Steve!

A friend is coming today to help me weed the daylily gardens. :)

Yesterday I dug up about 7 dozen Iris at my neighbor's. I replanted about 3 dozen and cleaned and packed 4 dozen for trades. Then I came home and dug up another 2-3 dozen of an Iris I had and cleaned those for trades. I got most of the front yard mowed and weed whacked around the daylily gardens in prep for mass weeding. Some of the clumps are so big, they've eaten the tags. Not sure what to do about that right this moment, other than kill a bit more grass and move the tags out...

Gotta get my buns in gear! Thanks for the well wishes.

Chele, as you well know some of my tags went MIA. I have lots of noids now, so I will trade noids for noids if you want. I have clumps bigger than a wash tub.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Bonnie! The tags are not lost. You just can't see them anymore because the plants are too big. I just need to move the tags out or get rid of some bulk. I'd still trade for pretty faces though. :)

When they bloom, I will send you some pictures. I would make a good offer if someone wanted them all, and would come dig them!! Really, I just am not able to work like I used to.

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

Sending good mojo from Cleveland for all to have a speedy recouperation.

Anyone have any idea how much I should charge for frozen pure raspberry juice (in 16 oz. biodegradeable containers)? Normal raspberry juice is half water; this is pure seedless juice, ready to use in a sorbet, or even jelly.

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Darius, there is a link for raspberry juice on Amazon that offers 3 bottles for $16.32 but not sure the purity... You may want to call a local health food store and ask if they carry it and see what they are charging....that would put you in the ball park.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001O2IXEI/ref=asc_df_B001O2IXEI1111862?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=shopzilla_rev_85-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B001O2IXEI

Thanks. No health food stores for 50 miles but I can call the ones where I do shop. I had looked at that Amazon listing (and quite a few on google) but it's not really comparing apples to apples.

good evening
busy day
planted potatoes with a friend , thank goodness she helped
still working on a chicken coop. Took down the GH #2 all plants are on their own. LOLL
just got inside around 8 pm. kids need to go to bed and then i got bills to pay.
we decided not to build a professional GH.
We are going to make the bottom porch a GH. kinda like a sun room .
We want to cement our driveway so we are going to do that . This fall. Kids can play and ride bikes ect....
got to run
kids need baths
good night

Well, I didn't do anything outside today. I had a rheumatologist appointment in Louisville. While there I stopped by the pool store and got everything I need for the summer to the tune of big $$$

Got home in time to do 3 loads of laundry, dry them and get them put away, and then cook supper.

The Dr gave me the go ahead to start taking the arthritis meds on a daily basis rather than 2 times a week.

Darius, I would inquire at the local farmer's market. I would imagine that if it is local and home made, it would fetch a pretty good price. More than the picked fruit, as there has been oodles of work to the berries to transform them into juice. Or start by asking what the going price is for a gallon of picked berries, and go from there.

Strawberry season is in about 2 weeks. I know that we will be picking some (at a place close by) for jams and for fresh eating, plus freezing some for other uses. In the winter, I make salads, or may make some more jam or preserves, because we tend to run out of it quickly.

Sue, your plans sound like they would work well. Maybe after you see how the business takes off, it would be more practical. BTW, how is the business going?

~~~ to you TONI!, and anybody else I didn't mention. Still keeping Cajun's DH in my t & p's, as well as Annie BBB. Hope you recoup quickly.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hope the meds help Bonnie!!!!

Bought some Strawberry plants today.
No biggie just 2 each 4 packs.
'Ozark Beauty' and 'Mignonette' an Alpine are both everbearing.
The funny thing is all the plants there had fruit. Many had ripe fruit.
So I got to sample the berries before buying the plants...lol!

Ric

Ric, I love the few Alpines I have. I really need to move them to a bed that gets more sun and fewer critters... I seldom get much fruit because it seems the bugs know exactly when the peak of taste happens. One day they will be 'almost ripe' and the next day... gone! (Most of my aquilegia in that same bed are riddled with leaf miners this year. Yuck.)

I'd like to put in some everbearers when I extend my beds, maybe next year... after I get set-up for chickens and milk goats. Strawberries played a large part of my school years. My grandfather, with whom I lived during high school, grew strawberries as his main cash crop, as did several farm neighbors. I earned money to go to Havana (Cuba) with my high school band by picking strawberries after school every day, 10¢ per quart.

Good news: I saw on another thread that Annie BBB is home from the hospital. Now to get Cajun's DH home....

BBL

Columbus, OH

Darius, it's too bad we're not closer, I'd buy at least 2 or 3 16 oz. containers of that juice, it sounds marvelous.

I have Ozark Beauty strawberries, I like them a great deal. This is the first year we're getting enough to really eat, next year I'm hoping to have enough for preserves, etc. I grow rhubarb as well, so I'd love to have strawberry rhubarb, but this year it's rhubarb-ginger jam. Not that I'm complaining, I love rhubarb-ginger jam.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Mmmmm...Ginger Rhubarb jam sounds really nice!

Darius, what a fun trip that must have been to Havana!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Good morning to you all!
Darius...memories! I lived next door to a fruit farm...and also picked strawberries for 10 cents a quart! Also ate as many as I picked...lol!
We (my brothers and I) picked every year from about ..hmmmm....12 yrs old and up. My older brother also picked apples in the fall.
I can remember the black snakes in the fruit barn. They kept them there to eat the mice that wanted to eat the apples. Those were the days.
Well..it's raining here...so there goes my outdoor work for today.
Last night we planted two hydrangeas. A Vanilla/strawberry and a Twist n Shout. Can't wait to see them bloom!
I also have an Incredibal and an Invincible Spirit to plant. And oh my goodness...there are so many other new ones out there!! I want them all!!
I love hydrangeas!
I'm sure you all can tell..I'm out of control!!! I told Dave last night that he was an enabler!
We went to that greenhouse yesterday. Oh my! What a place! These folk live back a long long gravel lane in the middle of nowhere! And it is just beautiful back there. They had sooo many beautiful plants in their greenhouse! When I walked in...the guy...also named Dave, shouted at me,
"Now that we are closer and you don't have to drive as far, you can spend more on flowers!" LOL!!
We had a good time talking flowers, and looking around...and yes...buying too! It's an obsession, I tell ya!
I'm glad to hear Annie is out of the hospital!! Still thinking good thoughts for Cajun's hubby, Chele's hubby, and whomever else needs them!
Woke up early this morning, couldn't sleep any longer...fixed a bowl of cereal and ....NO MILK!
So Dave went to get some. Anyway..he's back! So I'm gonna go eat!!

T&P to all in Oklahoma City. 5 dead yesterday from tornadoes. Luckily all of my family and friends dodged the bullet (again). Spring in Oklahoma and Kansas is so scary and stressful.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

As I've mentioned before my Great Aunt and Uncle raised acres of Strawberries down in Middletown.
You pick, They Pick we all pick! lol!
Then they followed w/ pumpkins.

Good morning, a rainy on again off again kind of day here. I did get in my garden walk, and I see lots to do, but because of the weather, I am inside. I tackled my laundry room, and boy was it past time for that.

So will go back to cleaning, and check in again later tonight.

good day to you all
business is slow :( the weather .
this weekend is my big sale.
glad to hear the AnnieBB is home . I sure hope she is doing better .
we go over to Fultons for our strawberries. Then we got an apple orchard down the road about 4 miles. Nice !
still doing laundry
got a lot of inside stuff done . my "to do " list is getting shorter LOL then their will be next weeks list LOL

Never did get outside to work. What with the rain and the wind, which was cool until later this afternoon.

Did get a lot accomplished in the house. Completely tore apart the laundry room and cleaned in there, did some spot carpet cleaning, mopped the kitchen, entry way and 2 baths, plus the laundry room. DH ran the sweeper for me. So if I can get the dusting done, it will be fairly clean. I don't think I am doing much house cleaning this year, unless I get feeling better and my strength returns full force.

Sue, so you gonna have a sale next week? Sure hope you have done the advertising, and you have lots of people come by.

Glad to hear Annie BBB is out of the hospital and home. It will take awhile for her to completely recover, and be on her A game.

Grocery/errand day tomorrow, so will not check in before late afternoon or night. ~~~~ to everybody.

Ok. It's official. I need an intervention or at least somebody who needs some furniture and has a truck.

My name is Toni Randall and I am a shopoholic.

I now own 3 new sofas, 7 new living room/den chairs, a new bedroom set with 2 dressers and chest and 2 nightstands, a new refrigerator, a new dining room suite with this humongous 8 ft wide French Provencial china cabinet, a table with 2 leaves and 6 chairs, a new chandelier or 2, lamps, end tables and coffee tables for both living room and den and a kitchen table with 4 chairs and let's not forget the piece de resistance: a custom made bar (with matching separate liquor cabinet of course) that is so big it looks like it used to be in Frank Sinatra's house or at one of the clubs he sang at anyway!

(Truth is a friend's Mother passed in March and she and her sisters couldn't agree on what to do with her stuff so since I am a friend of the family and bought the new house they sold it to me really really cheap but I had to take everything and they had to have visiting rights). The only thing I got that didn't belong to them was the fridge I bought on Craigslist for $25 .)

I do have room for all this stuff ...I think.... But, this is the question of the hour...

I only have one rump, and Oprah's rump only counts as 1/16th of a rump, what do I need all these freakin' chairs for?...and why in the world did I buy any of this considering I already have a house full of furniture?

Any of you can please feel free to commit me at any time and get my money back so I can go on a cruise or to the looney bin until this move is over. Thank you.

If anybody knows anybody who needs a sofa, recliner, coffee table, sofa table, maple dining room table with 4 chairs and a nice 2 piece white china cabinet tell them all they have to do is come up to Cleveland and get it before May 20. SERIOUSLY or it is going to the Goodwill and it really is in very good shape minus an Oprah hair every now and again!

Niters all!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Wow....got any pictures, Toni?

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Sure wish you all would share some of that rain. It keeps going around us.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I hate when that happens....

Columbus, OH

It's been raining like crazy here. On the positive side, the lettuce is growing wildly.

try Craigs list Toni ?
good morning everyone
well still more rain coming
man is it wet out !
got some potting to do
chicks are doing fine.
mama bumped the last egg out of her nest so i think its a gonner ? 4 out of 5 ain't to bad :) we are happy
stay dry folks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.