Spring Swap at Becky's - FOOD!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Most important part....FOOD!
Ok, here is what I've got

Platters - fruit, chicken drummettes and a dessert tray ^_^
I'll have a few bottles of wine, some beers and will grab a case of water
I have silverwear - but need to pick up a few more plates & plastic glasses

Catbird - mac salad & brownies!
Sally - pepper coleslaw & more brownies!
MGCrystal - hash-brown casserole
Gita - pickles, potato salad
Critter - "stuff"
Donner - Chinese Dumplings
Sally - Icetea
Chantell - sodas
Froggy - art dip & bread
Greenthumb - apple, pecan and shredded sweet potato salad
ecnalg - 7-layer bars, sometimes called "Hello Dollies"
Ruby - mac salad
Coleup - breads :)
Hart - breads and pesto!

I have 2 pop-up tents, big umbrella, 1 card-table and a few chairs

A larger table is on its way as well - :)

This message was edited May 28, 2010 10:28 PM

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I don't understand how this thread has not been posted yet! We all know Mid Atlantic people love to eat almost as much as garden.
I guess I will be first--how about a macaroni salad and some brownies (you can never have too many brownies, it is impossible).

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok I'll bring Hashbrown Casserole

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I suppose my specialty is a pepper coleslaw with sweet oil and vinegar dressing, its been requested for repeat at DH company 'do's. (And brownies.)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I can bring pickled peppers, and I also have pepper jam and crackers (will pick up cream cheese to go with) available...

I could bring some sort of pasta dish, or I could bring bread and pesto butter... I'll wait to see what might be needed.

I have this snazzy new rice cooker... could do adobo rice/corn/black beans in it, or could bring it along if anybody is doing a dish that would go well with rice. If I plug it in when I get to Becky's, it'll be done about 45 minutes later, and the cooker keeps it warm pretty well (even unplugged.. it has a fairly well insulated body & lid). LMK.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Jill - your pepper jam is awesome! Anything you bring will be fine, but, do NOT overdo anything - as long as you come all will be fine!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK then.. pepper jam & pickled peppers for sure (that's just opening a jar, LOL), and if somebody wants to offer to slice up a few baguettes I'd be happy to bring pesto butter (green & red) to go with it (pesto butter involves defrosting a few cubes of pesto and stirring it into the butter; also easy).

Becky, I also have warming trays that I can bring (the ones we didn't use last year at Holly's LOL), but I don't figure you're going to run an extension cord out to the parking lot...

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I can run extension cords :-)

DH wants to know if some wine and beer would be welcomed?
I have some paper plates, need to pick up some glasses/silverware...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Bec, I'll bake the cake, Holly will make deviled eggs. We also have a ton of plasticsware we will bring. Somehow we got cases of spoons and forks. Do you want a blue cheese and walnut, red skin potato salad? Ric

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Bec--I am kind of holding out to see what everyone else id bringing and what else needs to be provided......
as I can do most anything....
Do you have any particular requests from me?????

--My home-made pickles are no biggie! What else??????
--I can bring MMMeatballs???? BUT--they are better served hot.....
--I can make a slew of Garlic Bread.....with Dill and Parmesan cheese....
--Chicken wings???? (home made)--or do you plan to get a platter?

What would you like???? Just ask! if i can make it--and if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg-i will gladly do it.

Let me know--whether I listed it or not.....

Gita

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Bec...would you like some soda...I "might" be able to hook us up? LOL

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yes to all the above! I was going to get fruit & cheese & sandwiches :-)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Gita - definitely your pickles, and the bread sounds yummy - chicken wings can be served cold - so yes to those!

Beer and wine is welcome to us! Maybe we should BYOB on that. I will make a gallon of brewed ice tea.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Bec---

Whoa! Easy!

Pickles--YES! I will make...
One more option is what I meant--NOT all of them!!

Choose!---Garlic Bread of Chicken Wings???

Wine and a couple of beers welcome here too....

Gita

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - ok, since I'm getting sandwiches, how about chicken wings :-)

Sally - Ice tea will be awesome (I've got sweeteners and sugar)

Ric - cake and silverware and will def not say no to potato salad :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Beck, You may have to amend my food list, if I'm arriving from Fla. I will not have a cake or potato salad. We will however drop the silverware on our way down. Sorry, Ric

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Bec--

I can make my yummy Potato Salad instead of Chicken wings.....It REALLY is good! Ask Ric!

Let me know......Probably a better contribution anyway--as it is more a "main dish".....goes with everything!
I am sure there will be lots of finger foods.....

Gita

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Sure Gita - I'll update the food list :-) Thanx

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

I can bring my artichoke dip and french bread.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Fantastique!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I am bringing something... not sure of the exact dish(es) yet. Definitely a dessert... is that OK?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Sure....whatever you want to bring :-)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Karen - we're happy with anything....esp knowing you're coming from work and going back...will be great just to visit with you!!!

Crozet, VA

I will wait for updated list and then see what might be lacking and hopefully be able to fill in that blank. I do know that the food is always great at these get togethers and I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Ruby

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

See updated list above

Someone mentioned bringing chairs- I bet we all should BYO chair if possible And a small table if you want to elevate your stuff, or just extra table space.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

That would be awesome - I only have the one table and need more space for the food - oh yeah, and maybe a plant or 3 :)

Maybe you can get shelves on the OUTSIDE of all your windows too! Heck, all over your walls.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOLOLOL yeah - I do love my window shelves - the kitchen window needs no curtains - filled with plants and trailing sedums :)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Sally----A really good reminder!

One should ALWAYS bring a table to put his/her plants on! Like a Card Table----AND--a chair to sit on! That is a given!!!
Otherwise---you will be squatting on the curb, or the lawn, with all your boxes of plants...NOT the most comfortable!

There is NOT a huge amount of space at this location..so be smart about it.....

IF you have food that needs to be kept cold----you also need to bring your own cooler and ice.....
One cannot expect the Hostess to provide everything! Kapish ????

Gita

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOLOLOLOL - I will have quite a few chairs - just don't have the table part ^_^

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Backy, I am planning to bring an apple, pecan and shredded sweet potato salad that you would swear was made with carrots. Sounds strange but it is really good. Pat (ecnalg) is going to make her 7-layer bars, sometimes called "Hello Dollies".
David

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

OK, I can see we'll have to have a "recipes" thread after the swap!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA

If I get time, I'll make some corn pudding. I'll try to get to the store and get some rolls too. Don't see those listed.

Gita and Robin- I have a good sized (Normal family size) cooler and expect some extra room in it for your stuff, and will fill the rest with ice if possible.
I better start getting organized tonight! I wish I could not have to worry with stuff getting thunderstormed in and being drippy and muddy. It'll have to wait till tomorrow to pack bins. Tonight I can make notes and double check list and get other garbage OUT of van.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Sally! That will help! My cooler is not that big!

It is rumbling around here right now....even though the sun is still shining--it is almost 6:30PM. Need to stop "playing" on my "C"--but last minute requests (like from Jill) would, otherwise, be missed.....

I need to get back outside and finish all the sorting and labeling----
Of course--having this wonderful, roofed-over patio--I could work under it--even if it DID rain.....

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

If anybody misses one of my last-minute requests, I'm fine with that! I'm hoping it'll be cooler tomorrow so I can catch up on planting out there... did get my sweet peppers (76) and some basil in yesterday. :-)

Crozet, VA

Well - it just goes to show that person shouldn't wait until the last minute to decide what they are bringing. What I finally decided upon is actually listed first on the update list - macaroni salad. I figure having two different sorts most everyone will be satisfied. I am sure that Catbird and I have different recipes - what am I talking about - I don't use a recipe but throw in a little of whatever I have on hand. John is currently atgrocery store buying last minute ingredients so I will go ahead and stick with making the macaroni salad. Whatever.....I know that everything will be great.

Really looking forward to this....

Ruby

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

How can we have too much macaroni salad? I love macaroni salad! :-)

I may not be as prepared as I'd have liked... Little problem with a new hose reel resulted in a flood in the basement, so I've spent my day dealing with that instead of "playing plants." Phooey. I'll be there, though!

This message was edited May 28, 2010 1:33 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.