New bees chit chat - come on in!! 04/17/2010

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Spring has sprung! Tell us what's going on in your garden... Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1081413/

Come on in...

Direction for free seed here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Bed for newbies here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Jan's Seed Auction here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1036526/#new

The high priestess and her Loyal followers Brug sprout off contest
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037643/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

HA! ME FIRST?

Al

Enid, OK

I am second!! Thank you for the new thread - loads much faster. I don't have much in the way of patience.

Been outside for a couple of hours - 53 degrees, wet and windy, but I have stuff to do. I want this project finished by the end of next week, so gotta go....

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Me, third... Warm here , probably in hi 70's

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Glad you all found it - lol...

Low 90s here all weekend then a chance of rain mid-week. I sure hope so - we need it.

RRM - I pulled those plants out of the PP pot - lol. They do look like some type of wandering jew. Potted them up so we'll see what happens. They were growing like gangbusters in the peat bog. Thanks for the bonus plants, whatever they may be... Gonna put the S. minor I got from seray with your PP. Hopefully I will be able to keep them happy over the summer under the garden shade - fingers crossed. I don't think the heat will bother them so much as long as I can keep them humid.

Philadelphia, PA

How are all the seed junkies today?

I have some of Mit's irises blooming too ;-) This is "My Kayla"

Thumbnail by Mitt

Hi Mitt, Those are just beautiful. Are they the first ones to bloom this year?

Philadelphia, PA

Hi Jan. Yes, they're my first to bloom in the New Jersey garden this year. But, I'm sure I'll have a lot more.

I'm sure you will have many more but was wondering if these were just early or the normal time for yours to bloom there. It is still a little early for ours yet. My old timey ones are beginning to bloom but not my pretty ones. Of course they do have big buds in them though.

Philadelphia, PA

This clump of irises is a Standard Dwarf Bearded. They're the first to bloom. The others bearded varieties will follow and the tall bearded will start to bloom in a couple weeks. My peak for the blooms are the 2nd and 3rd week of May here.

Everything is on schedule here

Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

HI Everyone
Mitt I see buds on some of your irises here haven't got a clue which is which lost my planting chart somewhere but I'll find out when they bloom. I do know where 2 of them are for sure though.

Been outside most of the day mid 60's here and windy but sunny got rain overnight but not enough for one of my projects.

Tomorrow I start cleaning the baby chick pen up to it will be ready for the new arrivals coming Tuesday or Wednesday.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Beautiful Irises Mit! I'll have to snap a pic this afternoon. Smoked Gouda is blooming - 3 blooms on a single stalk and 2 more about to open. It's a beautiful color I never would have thought I'd like in a flower.

Philadelphia, PA

I like the unusual coloring of Smoked Gouda add the way it multiplies and its a winner in my book. I'm trying to cross it this year and see what I can create.

Looks like those irises are happy living in Phoenix, Kelly

Here are some of my flowers blooming now.Certainly not as georgeous as yours Mitt, these are the old timers. These are so common around here.

Thumbnail by mekos

This is some kind of dogwood. Some call it a japanese dogwood but it has another name, I just can't remember.

Thumbnail by mekos

Here are some of my azeleas in bloom.

Thumbnail by mekos
Philadelphia, PA

They appear to be the historic irises. They look very healthy Jan.

I know where you can get some nice modern irises my friend.

You are so sweet but I'll pass, not much time left for gardening. But would love to see pictures of yours as they bloom. They are one of my favorite flowers. Thank you little buddy.

Enid, OK

Those are some beautiful iris guys! I don't even have buds - I really thought at least one would bloom for me this year - it sure don't look like it is going to happen. They ought to be awesome next year! I have peach, purple and white - all NOID. I got a Vicotria Falls in a trade and another heritage NOID. I can't wait to see them bloom - I love irises!!!

The only things I have had bloom so far this year are daffodils, hyacinth and allium. Waiting on everything else - but not very patiently!..

Still working on the yard - I may never get done. It just won't stop raining; we have at least two more days of this before any chance of a dry day.

Sorry Lori, we were suppose to get rain this morning but I never saw any. At least the rain washes away the pollen. My paper whites are blooming now.
My fancy bearded iris and others are budded out and may bloom in a few more days. The common ones are white and some blue/purple and some deep purple almost black. I can't wait for the others ( iris) to bloom out, it will be so pretty then. Then hopefully the daylilies will start another show. I have all colors of those too. I feel like a kid in the candy store waiting for blooms.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love the blooms mekos!

Mit - that Smoked Gouda is growing like gangbusters... I think it has increased 3-fold since I planted it. Beautiful! I'll be awaiting your cross experiment with that one! The Irises will be way happier once I put them in the ground, but they seem happy right now in the pots... I have 9 in a converted litter box - lol... Planned to toe them in for a short period and there they still sit.

Booneville, AR

arejay i put that picture on the old link if you want to seeit please go back over there yhanks nettie it took 15 minuts to load won.t ask son to do that again.

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Lovely blooms!!!!

Booneville, AR

have some skips in my hostas anyone know where i could find some small not to pricy ones please tell me.little nettie

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Mitt, love the irises, so pretty! The few I have aren't even close to that! Mine are just now starting to peek thru the ground.
Nettie, love the tree peony!
Only thing we have were a couple of pasque flowers so far. Cherry tree does have huge buds now, tho, and I have 1 hyacinth getting close.

Booneville, AR

thank you skellogg, every thing here is going almost to fast needs to slow down just a little if we get a late frost the big oak trees mill drop all those new green leaves i will be like fall all over again would not like doing that again one time is plenty for me. love nrttie

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hey peeps, today is Tubby's birthday...

If you're watching Tubby, Happy Happy Birthday!!

Thumbnail by locakelly

Happy Birthday Tubby and many more sent your way...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Monticello, KY(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Tubby we have a beautiful day here on your special day. Hope you get spoilt rotten today from those who love you.

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Tubby!! Have a great day!

Al

Happy birthday Tubby. Sure missed you around here. Hope you are enjoying your special day! HERE is to YOU!

Thumbnail by mekos

Nettie, if ya want to start some from seeds, I have some seeds for some blue hostas you can have. Just let me know. Be glad to share. I Just can't go and be digging stuff right now.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is smoked Gouda...

Thumbnail by locakelly
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Stunning...

Thumbnail by locakelly
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

And here is the newest addition to the family... She does not have a name yet - she's barely 8 weeks.

Thumbnail by locakelly
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yankee is not too sure what he thinks about her yet...

Thumbnail by locakelly

Happy Birthday Tubby! Hope you're doing well.

Love the pics!

Hugs to all!

Love the Smoked gouda Loca! So Pretty!

Cute puppy. Poor Yankee doesn't have a clue how much his life has changed. LOL

The puppy is so cute. Is she going to be Yankees' new wife??? So sweet!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yup, it's Yankee's wife, but I'm not so sure he's for this arranged marriage - lol. I think he's a little jealous too so lots of extra scritches for him;o)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.