Spring 2010 FOOD THREAD

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here's a Thread to post what you have in mind to bring for Lunch.
Or to request dishes that you've had at other RU's ...lol!

Main RU Thread is here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1088487/

This message was edited Apr 16, 2010 10:50 PM

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I will bring caramels, and a salad.

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

I will bring fresh fruit.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I will eat it!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

I will bring milky way pies. They are made with a chocolate crumb crust and are really good! I can also bring some different soda and some ice.
Geo

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Just a thought...and I certainly don't think we need it, but there is grill there if anyone wanted to bring charcoal, etc. We've always done fine without that, but if anyone would want it, it's available.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ohhh my goodness, Geo! Sweetie Geo...lol...plzzzzzzzzz save me a piece of Milky Way Pie...since I won't be there for dinner!! That is my very favorite candy bar!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Marcy I will send you the recipe. It is so easy and good!
Geo

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

George, would you send me the recipe too? Also my favorite candy bar. Milky Way and 3 musketeers. Yum! The pie sounds easy and good!

Since I have to travel so far, I was wondering if I could bring plates, napkins etc? Something that would not need to be refrigerated etc? If I have a friend come with me, I could have him bring a bag of chips or something like that? I will have to leave so early in the morning that I won't have time to fix anything that day.

And, if Bob does come with me - he is a daylily friend, not a dating friend... just so there are no questions about that... LOL... he is not my type! But he is a good daylily friend!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

If roadrunner is really coming, somebody BETTER have chocolate fudge. LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sad to say it appears Jo won't be attending this Spring.
I just got done talking to her.
Maybe in the Fall.

Ric

Columbus, OH

Any requests? I do a lot of baking, and oddball ethnic foods :)

(Zone 5b)

I'll bring a bread bowl filled with spinich dip and fresh veggies for dipping. I could assemble it there so it wouldn't be soggy from the plus 3 hour drive.

Any suggestions as to what else I could bring that would survive the long drive? Everything I can think of is best right out of the oven!

Maybe a cheesecake too? I could make it the day before and then freeze it, it would still be cold when we get there.

COUNTING THE DAYS!!!! YAY!!

Annie

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

for those long drive people - I am not going to be able to come. I was going to bring foil, plastic wrap and some ziplock baggies for people to divide up and wrap leftovers with. So, someone could bring that.... Joycet suggested it and I think it is a good idea....

Columbus, OH

That's a great idea, I'll bring some.

How about blondies? Are those okay with everyone?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Sounds Good Celene.

Robyn has a new recipe she wants to try.
I'll be bringing Keftedes as there is electric.
Plus some deserts of course.

I'll be bringing the propane stove also if any one needs to heat anything up.
Also tablecloths.

The weather is showing upper 80's for the RU.
Scattered T-Storms.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well..all I see so far, are desserts and salads. I think we need some food food too...lol. What would everyone like me to bring??
Tell me!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I'd like some bacon wrapped filets, shrimp and scallop kabobs, pasta salad, crab cakes, garlic bread...um....I don't care what you bring for everyone else. LOL

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Actually the meatballs and Robyn's recipe are somewhat main dish.

LOL Chele!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I can bring deli ham, turkey, buns, pickles and olives. Is anyone bringing things like mustard, ketchup, mayo?

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL Chele..you bad!!
Yeah Ric, I thought about that after I posted. Still we do need more 'real food' (no offence..I love desserts too!)
No...that all sounds good!
Well...if no one wants to tell me what to bring...I'll think of something...lol!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We've got the Mayo, Mustard and Ketchup covered.
Courtesy of Toni!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Great! Then I will bring the other things I mentioned. Any idea of how many will be there?

Columbus, OH

Hmmm...food food. I could make Greek pasta salad, or rosemary roquefort potato salad?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hmmmm we DO need to get a head count.

I'll start a thread.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

RSVP Here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1105606/

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Sounds good Celene...lol!!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I am bummed that I won't make another RU. GRRR.... but perhaps things will be better in the fall.

I need to unwatch these threads so I don't know what I am missing out on!

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

daylily_ohio,

If you see anything on my list that you want, just let me know and I can set some aside for you. I'm close enough to you that you could come pick them up. The dahlias are already at joycet's though.

Candy

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Candy, I appreciate that... but I am cutting down my gardens. I had some things to give people, but I don't think I have ever brought any plants back home with me. I used to have a huge garden, but can no longer care for it.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I can relate! I never thought I would want to garden less but now.... Of course, I don't want fewer plants; in fact, I want more property with more plants. I just want to be able to pay someone else to do all the work. Come on, Powerball!

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I will be bringing chicken from the Dairy Queen...
Chicken and rolls.. It usually is very good...

I don't make anything fancy, like to eat it though. lol
Have to think of something else.

Pauletta

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I am bringing baked beans, and chicken too! Will that be too much chicken? If so...I can think of something else.

Columbus, OH

Do you guys want rosemary gorgonzola potato salad or greek pasta salad? You have to help me pick, I don't know what goes with meat, I haven't eaten meat since Nixon was in office.

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Marcy, you can't have too much chicken, IMHO
it is like having too much money. lol,
Pauletta

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I vote for the potato salad...but either sounds really good!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

And being Greek Cookie and I vote for....lol!

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

greek pasta salad sounds mighty good.

Columbus, OH

DH votes Greek pasta salad, too.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Wrong...I vote for the potato salad....love gorgonzola.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.