April Showers/April Flowers (Part 4)

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Kelli, the mariposas grow wild here...did you plant yours?

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Is anyone up besides me? I'm up with a severe thunderstorm going to the south of me, and thunder over me but it's not severe, thank goodness! Marilyn I have been worried about you and KA, East End got hit hard, and one of the girls I work with lives there, but she's fine, I text her to check on her. Just about a mile outside of Sheridan got hit around 11:00 too, I know a couple of people who work in my building who live there, plus Dave's cousin Robin lives there. I told him he's going to have to call her tomorrow.

There were 79 tornado warnings total, the weather guy on channel 11 said that he hasn't seen that many tornado warning since 1999. There were two storm lines that was nothing but tornado warnings, one was to the east of me and one was to the west of me, I was in the middle and throwing a nervous fit. They said that the tornadic activity will settle down but expect it to pick back up again as soon as the sun rises, and they say tomorrows supposed to be worse than tonight. I think I'm just going to crawl in a hole in the house. I've been listening to thunder for 6 hours straight.

There's a flash flood warning update for Malvern, Arkadelphia, Poyen, Carthridge that there has been over 4 inches of rain that has fallen in the past 3 hours.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

[quote= Stuck on a Truck! [/quote]

What is mean of "Stuck on a Truck" It was new to me that I didn't know what is it?

I have trouble with my phone was no direct connect but internet is still on and Dish Network still working but not phone no call out and call in... So, it was wire broken off between the street near my home pole to pole so guy fix for emergency orange wire from the pole to my home box... Wow! that's long wire for hook up with phone, internet and tv... So, guy will fix the wire today around 8 am for sure it no raining in morning good so it will be showers later on afternoon... I just pateint for phone keep on that if something happen to me...

past days, has a bad hair! (windy) for 3-1/2 days... sometimes raining for while...

I got some iris' blooming so beautiful all different colors...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

54°and it's Dyson Dark! Must have clouds lingering. It's to be mostly sunny witha high of 75°. Southwest breeze 10 - 15 mph. It sounds like a perfect day, sigh.

Happy May Day!

Kelli, giggling over the body part vegetables. I love trees! I took pictures of every large, or interesting tree in my town, and any that catch my eye anywhere else. I love that pond :o) Neat detail in the Mariposa! Pink and blue are good color combos.

Mau, a delicious peony. Wow!!

Kelli, the ants are after the sweet sticky covering on the buds. It's a food source only.

Celia, the peach is still gorgeous!

Sunfarm, may your roads stay open. Going to be a gorgeous rhodie!

Oh Marsue, that must have been nerve racking! Poor Friday. Our cat hid behind the chair during the thunder.

My heart goes out to those who died. I don't have a basement either, and I know it's hit and miss. We've had one a few blocks from us, so Mau, you were lucky.

The big gnats have hatched out. I have a small spray bottle of vanilla. I close my eyes and spritz my face, stick a finger in the ear and spritz the ear. Works better than the war paint smears :o)

We also had lightning bugs hatch out the other night.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New month, New Thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1093173/

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

just in case Rusty doesn't see the new thread, I will post this link over here.

Rusty, you can read about "Stuck on a Truck" by clicking on this link. Be sure to click on the webcam, too, so you can see the people who are participating. My grandson is in this and he is really wanting to win that truck! :o))

http://www.stuckonatruck.com/webcam.php

P.S. Rusty, your iris are beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.