Worst order from the market place.

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Help, what should I do?
I got one of my shipmensts today. I was shocked at what I found. The packaging was horrible, they were just in brown lunch bags and they look dead. This was the bearded iris I got.
What do you think? Should I return them?
Next I will show the Clematis I got.

This message was edited Apr 1, 2010 6:23 PM

Thumbnail by marie_kap

here is the 8.00 each Clematis I got. what a joke.

Thumbnail by marie_kap
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Iris may be OK.
Are the others supposed to be plants ?
I was at Donahues in Faribault one spring when they were shipping Celmatis. They had to use special boxes because the plants were nearly 20" tall. Each pot had a little frame for the plant to wind on.

Yes those little brown pots are suppose to be Clems. I have ordered Clems before and they were staked up at this cost. She said that they were dormant and that they are ok and wiull live. Maybe the Iris, but those clems?

I had put water on the clems, so were bone dry and falling out of the pots. She claims that they are 2 yr old clems. If you think the iris will live, I will keep that, but those clems I think I will send back.

This message was edited Apr 1, 2010 4:35 PM

Marietta, MS(Zone 7b)

I would send them all back.

ants

That is what I am thinking Ants.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Then put a comment in the Garden Watchdog.

I will post on the market place too.

Athens, PA

Marie

Your iris should be fine. I have bought and planted a number of iris that start out looking like that. Just be sure to soak them overnight before planting. I would definitely send the clems back though.

Please tell us where you bought the clems so the rest of us don't have that problem.

Thanks

I got them from MHcapps in the market place. She said that she started them from seed and are 2 years old. They are just not big enough to sell for 8.00 each. I am returning the complete order today. She already refunded the order.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.