Delphiniums missing?

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

I was wondering whether any of you are seeing delphiniums coming up in your gardens yet. I winter sowed some last year, and they did great - even got some blooms. But, I thought they'd be back up by now, and I don't see them. Did I lose them, or are they late emergers?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

They are a summer flower so probably won't see anything yet.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Mine aren't up yet either.

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh, good. Maybe all is not lost. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks guys.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Keeping my fingers crossed that they will emerge and bloom for you again. Love Delphs! I find they are not the easiest to grow, so I give a big "That-a-girl/boy" to anyone that has success.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I have some that are a couple inches tall, so you might start to see them soon. And I've always had luck with them, reseeding, and transplanting. I've heard they can be difficult, so I guess I got lucky.

Any sign of your Delphiniums yet ?
I have 2 of my Black Knights show up, so excited!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

mine are up ... hope yours are too

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

They didn't make it. I think it must be b/c of slugs. I also planted some up in the Poconos at the same time, and we were up there last weekend, and they are up and looking great. I planted a bunch more in this garden here (the slug garden), that I wintersowed, and I'm going to be vigilent about putting out slug killer. We'll see if they survive this year. If they don't, I guess I'll just have to enjoy them when we are in the Poconos :(

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

bummer.. sorry to hear it

So sorry to hear that, I have been there many times. i started to feed mine with compost and time released fert. Omicote (sp?) That seemed to be my turning point.
Also I'm a lazy fertilizer gardener, sort of hit and miss so time released works well for me.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes it is up and looking good.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

does anyone pinch there delphs?... mine are real floppy... was wondering if that would help

I don't pinch mine. Maybe needs more food. I heard they are big eaters.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

can try that.... thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.