And the WINNERS are:

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

First two clematis to welcome the Spring are "Ruby Glow" and "Omoshiro"
I can't tell you how enthralled I am with Clematis "Omoshiro" she is drop-dead gorgeous from every angle..I got her from Dan Long at Brushwood a couple of years ago and must have more of her to sneak in all over my gardens!! Forgive my obsession with her as I took so many pics at different angles so you can see what I see..love her ruffled edges and tinged with this yummy colour of purplish-pinkish something..GORGEOUS!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I just can't get over her beauty!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Even at this angle

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

see what I mean

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

last one

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Ruby Glow"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

And wanted to show you my new BirdBath I got for my Birthday..the birds are gonna love the splashing water! I've got two clematis planted behind it so it should look gorgeous when they grow up above the Birdbath

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Nothing is MORE exciting than to see a clump of new vines from our clematis emerge from this soil..yipppppppppppppeeeeeee..Hope you enjoyed...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Belated Happy Birthday, Jeanne! Your birdbath is lovely.

Your clematises are wonderful. I have Omoshiro and love it as much as you do.

Athens, PA

Jeanne

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Great clems

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Jeanne,
As always they are spectacular!!! I'm envious.
Gary

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Gary..hey dude!!..Nice to see you at the start of another new season..isn't it thrilling??

Thanks Ge,Pirl & Carolyn..yes it was a loverly birthday..bought tons of new clematis etc!!..
Hey yall wanna see "Omoshiro" all opened up??.
Now this does send a "thrill up my leg"..(can't stand that guy) LOL

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Guernsey Cream"..I PROMISE to get yall a better pic..this delicious buttery yellow will fade to a creamy white but ya just gotta love those green bars!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

It really is too beautiful for words. It's also lovely in all lighting situations from sunny to shady (not that it's meant for shade).

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

One of my favs..guess I say that alot..for most of them are my favs...Clematis "Kakio" aka "Pink Champagne"..now this bloom is intoxicatingly gorgeous!!..Love the brilliant two-tone!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

and again..

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I know alot of yall are like me and love to pair clematis with climbing roses..well just had to share Climbing rosa "Autumn Sunset"..reminds me of those sunsets in Bali~~ and yea..she is pair with "Ramona" & you wouldn't believe the buds on her!!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Beautiful. I noticed several small buds on my Liberation today. So far the only one with buds. the others are just starting to emerge. I am so excited I can barely stand it.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

beautiful clems everyone

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Jeanne, Love your clems. On Sunday I went out to the garden and found my Guernsey Cream sending up three new shoots, one of which already has a bud on it. I thought I had cut it down by mistake last fall. It made it through a frosty night last week without my even knowing it was there. If it gets just a few flowers as lovely as the picture above I'll be delighted. Can you show or describe the support you have for it and how tall it is. I have to get something very soon or it will be sprawling on the ground.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

My Brushwood order is itching to grow and climb.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Pam..How exciting..glad to hear your Clematis "Guernsey Cream" is alive and flourishing..We put in a pergola 4 years agotand I planted Climbing roses on each post ( I have 6 posts) and planted 2-3 Clematis under my roses to climb up the roses...Let me look for a pic...this pic only shows 4 posts but we added two more in the middle to sure up and strengthen my Pergola...Mind you I designed it and we built it..so live and learn..lol

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

This is Clematis "Ramona" that I companioned with Climbing Rosa "Royal Sunset"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

and...
Will take a new pic and show you now..I have Climbing Rosa "Crepuscule" with "Guernsey Cream" & "Ville de Lyon"

This message was edited Mar 31, 2010 9:00 AM

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Will Clematis companion with grapes? We are building a pergola and I bought 4 grape plants to climb over it (if they are still alive - I jumped the gun and bought them last fall.) I have 22 clems coming from Silver Star.
Thanks.

Jeanne, I love your combos! I have Guernsey Cream and Ville de Lyon coming.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Lynn..YES! YES! YES!..you'll love seeing clematis combined with your grape vines and also will give you a delicious colorful look until time to pluck your grapes...I am so excited for you!!..Please share pics as we Clematis Voyeurs "get off" on seeing others gardens and especially clematis!!...Jeanne

Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

OMG - after all of you were talking about Omoshiro last year, I have made it a quest to get it - but can not find it anywhere in the states...nor can I find anyone out of the states to ship into here. Do any of you know of where I can find that beauty ! ????
Jeanne - yours are all very pretty, but that Omoshiro is "to die for".

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Nsbirds...Go to Dan's at Brushwood
http://www.gardenvines.com/shop/large-flowered-clematis-3/clematis-omoshiro-159.html?zenid=d984c67bf7b56334ebe9306d5ee650c4
and fill that out to reserve you one when they are back in stock!!..Good luck..I'm on the waiting list too!!..Jeanne

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

OOO, so if my grape comes back (it's only marginally hardy here, but it was only $2) I have an excuse for another clem.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

When you plant a clem with a rose, do you put them both in the same hole? Or how far apart?
I am now infatuated with clems, must have more!
I love looking at your pictures.

Thanks Jeanne - I immediately put my name on the waiting list last year. Wonder if he will get more in.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

GrlllllGeek...you don't hafta have an excuse hon..just admit you are a clematisaholic and go all out..LOL
Lynn..I plant mine about 6" away from the base of my roses and it has worked out well for me...remember to water deeply when watering..you want those roots to go down down down and deep into the soil layers..
Nbirds..I do know that Dan is moving his business and home to Ga...you can also join him on facebook to see all he has done!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brushwood-Nursery/10150091956840565?ref=nf
I really enjoyed watching his video on his new well..we are all wishing him well (no pun intended) and hope he gets his little patookus out there and root us up some more Omoshiro's!!...Jeanne

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

This may give you an idea of how close I do plant them..this is Clematis "Piilu" at the base of my climbing rosa "Teasing Georgia"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the info. I am really looking forward to planting the clems. I want to try to propagate some, as well. Yours are so beautiful. Any secrets? Or just plain old advice.

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

Jeanne, I've been admiring your photos ever since I've been on DG -- and I particularly like the way you label your photos. Do you use any special software to accomplish that?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I use Irfanview..it's a free download and if you need help putting the info on the pic..just ask...great for resizing,sharpening and color-enhancing too..
http://www.irfanview.com/
Look who opened up yesterday!!..Clematis "Daniel Deronda"..he is a truly great grape purple..fades to blue...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

Jeanne, thank you soooooooo much! So great to be able to place the info right on the photo.

Daniel Deronda is beautiful!

I got very excited yesterday when I noticed my Durandii finally peeking through the ground! Durandii was new to my garden last season, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect.

Oh how pretty Daniel Doronda is. I think I added that one to my garden last year. Maybe I will see blooms soon.
I went and looked at your Clematis' that you have on your journal - quite impressive Jeanne.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

You are welcome Figaro..I am here for you!!
N2birds..thanks hon..I have aobut 25 new ones to add to my journal...been a lazy doofus in updating..thanks again..."DD" is a joy!!...you'll love him...Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.