Cross vine Tangerine Beauty

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

I think I'm going to leave my Cross vine T. Beauty in a pot instead of putting it in the ground. I have an Arbor I'd like to put it on but I think the vine might get too heavy for it if I put it in the ground. I'm thinking if I leave it in a pot, I can control it better. I want it where I can see the hummingbirds, and have bloom. I'm kinda torn cause I was thinking I'd put my Cup of Gold on it for the winter, but mixing them would really be too heavy, so I may put the Cup of Gold next to one of the really big Oak trees out in front where we can see the blooms in winter.
Idea's?
mj

here's a pic. forgive the mess, that whole area is getting a makeover...

Thumbnail by mjsponies
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I did this very thing just today - I bought it in a 3-gallon pot, which it's still in, and situated it next to the arbor which has my in-ground lavender trumpet vine growing up it. I think the arbor will be in full bloom most of the summer - about a month with l.t.v. and the whole summer with the Bignonia vine.

Don't forget to lift the whole pot every couple of weeks or the vine will grow through the pot and anchor into the ground - ask me how I know.

The arbor has "planter" boxes on either side of it that a pot can be set in but don't touch the ground. Now you have me thinking of what I can plant there with it that will complement it.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I always sprinkle a little granular ant killer under my pots on the ground every month or so .. that way you don't end up with ants making nests in your pots .. really works well.

X

Here is one of my Bignonias blooming today:

This one shows lots of bright orange.

Thumbnail by KayJones

Here is the Bignonia which shows more red colored blooms:

Thumbnail by KayJones
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

I planted a cross vine years ago and forgot about it---never saw a flower. I have planted other vines in the same planter, which is very large. This spring I had a real surprise!
Johanna

Thumbnail by Flicker

I hope mine blooms this year. It is from a cutting I got in a trade early last year.
I have the same red one you do Flicker also, cuttings given to me by a neighbor last year and it's taking off too, hopefully they both will bloom, does anyone know if they bloom better if kept in a pot? Some things do.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.