Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

bantam #1

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

bantam #2

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

last pic i got before i lost which babies i'd already taken pics of. I'll get more later.

Thumbnail by greykyttyn
Richmond, TX

What a bunch of cuties!! Who's your whiskery helper?

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Cool Congrats Grey

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

How cute! Very nice pics.. I love it when they are so nice and clear. Such cuties! I like the colors on the bantam #1... so cute.. they are all darling. I'm happy for you!!

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

porkpal - that would be Twitch my little rescue with attachment issues. She's into everything if it involves me, rarely leaves my side for anything & cries if I leave the house. She only sniffs them (declawed) & watches. i figure she needs to learn they are MINE now not later. She came & got me out of the office when one got stuck btwn the water bowl & the wall earlier. The dog is just as bad. She lays & watches.. If they make a peep she comes to tell me about it.

Thanks guys.. the pics don't do them justice. they've got amazing coloring on a few of them.

Ferndale, WA

Great pic's, bantam #2 should be named Bandit, Hesheit looks like it is wearing a mask. Congrat: Hay.

Clarkson, KY

Lovely....good job, Kyttyn!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I love lil Bandit.. so cute! In this pic, that looks like an EE comb to me.. :) They are all darling!

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Cute little fuzzybutts! I love the pic with the cat.

(Zone 5b)

Awww what cuties, no wonder your so excited!! Love all that fluff too. Could you cat come train mine cats to be as friendly?

Gridley, IL

so cute love the fuzzy lil faces! the bantams are also adorible wish i had some fo theose colors in my bantams. great job kyttyn

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

i started Twitch as a 8 week old kitten dealing with the 2 month old chicks. She will sniff, occasionally pat them gently with a paw but that's it. My neighbor trained one of his too. It sleeps in the chicken coop each night, deters small predators. I think alot of it depends the kittens, the kittens parents & how you treat it as a kitten. Idk if you could retrain an adult or not. My other two cats don't bother the chicks. I left them alone all day today while i was out of town with them & came home, nothing was moved, all chicks are alive. No one appeared stressed. My cats outside don't bother them either.

These new ones... do not climb on anything.. do not fly.. they just run. I did the lay them in ur hand trick... all roos according to that. I'm not liking that test right now.

(Zone 5b)

One of my cats will sit quietly and ignore them. The other 3 are in the planning stages of something evil. They're all between the ages of 1 and 3 yrs old, very active and hard on their toys, it's probably too late to teach them. The cats boss the dogs around - the dogs out weigh them by about 110 pounds. I'm not going to take any chances this late in the game.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

My BC is a great chick sitter. Of course he has to have them all in one place. LOL

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

well once they are full grown or mostly full grown one of my outside cats will play the run & slide game. She runs at teh chickens, turns suddenly sliding into the flock & sending them flying. Then i swear she sits back with this Cheshire grin. She's never had any desire to hurt them that i can see, she's saved them from hawks before, jumping at the hawk as it tried to take a chicken but she loves to taunt them. She will sit on top of the fence post (single post) where they can't get & meow at them. They will chatter back then fly at her. (ZZ.. its the same one you saw Cotton Candy "flip")

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

BC?

Lodi, United States

Border Collie?

Joplin, MO(Zone 6b)

ahhh... that's interesting. I was told to keep them away from my chickens when i was looking for a dog to guard them... but then i was also told to keep cats away from my chicks to. I've got a friend that her Great Pyrenees killed a bunch & a few of their goats. Makes me not want to get a dog to guard them now. I'm not sure of my ability to train one properly to not lose a bunch of my animals & it would kill me to get rid of it if I couldn't' keep it.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

I am working with Billy's puppy to guard chickens, and he goes in the coop area with me. Although he got nipped on the nose the other day by the goose, she is really pissy now. I have read that the breed Roper is, will guard even the animals on the ranch, so I want him to guard Billys birds.

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

How are they doing today?

My 6-year-old great-niece told me I should get a horse instead of ducks. I asked her why? She said because she wants one. She was very disappointed when I told her I don't have room in the backyard...LOL!!

Richmond, TX

Not even for a pony?

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Not even miniature horse, the city won't allow them :( They allow pot-bellied pigs, chickens, ducks, rabbits, doves, and miniature goats but no horses or sheepsies.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh so they discriminate against Livestock??? HUMMM
PS Loreen My usually gentle goose has been sitting on the nest for the last few days.. So today I go in there to clean out ponds and feed and try to grab you some eggs, and when I got about 2 feet from her nest, not only did she chase me, she bit me again and hissed at me... She has never been that mean to me, and she is sitting on eggs from her and her sister..

Richmond, TX

Looks like she plans to increase the goose population, no interference allowed.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

That would be so cool to have more baby geese... I mean I only have 3 right now, so there is room for more..

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I have never liked geese.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Oh I love them, great watch birds... Would love to have babies so we can play with them..

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Quote from MissJestr :
Oh so they discriminate against Livestock??? HUMMM
PS Loreen My usually gentle goose has been sitting on the nest for the last few days.. So today I go in there to clean out ponds and feed and try to grab you some eggs, and when I got about 2 feet from her nest, not only did she chase me, she bit me again and hissed at me... She has never been that mean to me, and she is sitting on eggs from her and her sister..

MissJ, that's ok about the eggs. I'd rather not have ones that aren't fertile (or at least that aren't more than a few days old); I don't want to try to clean them out and find a partially formed gosling :(

To those who wonder why I want goose eggs....I am looking for some I can blow out and then decorate, or some that are already blown. I plan on decorating my duck eggs (if/when I ever get ducks) and thought a few goose eggs would be good to practice with.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.