Paul James, Gardener Guy!

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7a)

Don't you all just love Paul James? I love his show, 'Gardening by the Yard' on HGTV... I watch it every weekend! His so funny and interesting, and his shows are so informative. They can have Brad Pitt... he would be my fantasy guy (besides my husband, of course!!).

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Shannon,

Yes, I too love his show for all the same reasons. I have been watching it for about 1 yr. now, and I can't believe how much I have learned from his shows.

Donna

East Meadow, NY

This is the only garden show my husband will actually "tolerate" watching....what can I say, I married a jock.

P

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Before Paul got "discovered" we were lucky enough to live in the same general vicinty (Tulsa, Oklahoma.) Pre-HGTV he had a weekly five-minute gardening show on the local news....and it was along the same lines as his half-hour show. I was sad to see him leave the Tulsa local market, but I sure was proud of a local boy makin' the "big time."

His show is so different from most of the gardening genre - if you haven't seen it, you should: it's full of good, common sense advice while helping us lighten up a little (okay, so it's downright goofy at times.) A very refreshing change from the "legend in their own mind" celebrity gardeners. We usually stop whatever we're doing to watch him on Saturday mornings - even my kids.

Kansas City , MO(Zone 6a)

Gardening By the Yard is the one TV show that I "must see!" LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

Kennedy, NY(Zone 4a)

I remember the one show where he had the hot pepper eating "contest"... thought that one fella was gonna croak when he ate the Habenero... hehehe

Wentworth, SD(Zone 4a)

Shannon, I have to agree with you. I think I told my mom that I needed to find a guy like him. Someone who is nuts about gardening. Someone who thinks it is fun and won't just shake his head when he sees me in the garden all the time or planning gardens all winter. :)

Noel, MO(Zone 6a)

I also Love Paul James,
But more as a wonderful guy I'd like to meet, not a fantasy thing ;) (he's old enough to be my father).

But he doesn't live all that far from me, I'm in Southwest Missouri, and he's in Oklohoma... That's not too far...
I wonder if I could meet him..

It's the one show my brother will watch at times with me, usually he roles his eyes at my garden shows, and soemtimes changes the channel on me. But he doesn't mind the Gardening by the Yard show. (Maybe it's because my brother's name is Paul too, or maybe it's because my brother is silly too?? Well maybe not THAT silly but..)

Yeah I've told my Mom that someone I would marry would have to... 1 be a Christian, and 2 either be a gardener, or at least allow me to garden other wise I'd go insane! But I've also thought if I marry a gardener, then we would argue all the time, and end up with half the garden mine and half his. Becuase I garden my way, and I'm sure another gardener would want it his way.

Teehee, now what were we talking about.. Oh Yeah Paul Jame's show is Great.

~RaeBuckner~

Waynesville, MO(Zone 5a)

HHHMMMMM,
Brad Pitt YES.But he really needs to be dubbed useing Sam Elliotts' voice.With that image in mind,WHO NEEDS TV !

lilbud

Saint Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Sam Elliott, Patrick Stewart, Sean Connery.........sorry, was lost in a fantasy for a while! The 'Gardening by the Yard' show is great.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Lordy...this sounds like a good show...wish I knew what HGTV was (one of those satelite thingys?). Ya'll sound like you're near 'bout to croon over this guy! Mercy me...
Lilbud...be careful! (Your sense of humour is gonna over-take us!!

I weighed in on Paul James in a different thread, but I'll do so here, too. He's the most entertaining and informative person on TV (gardening or otherwise).

His show is definitely in my top 5 favorite shows of all times (along with The Simpsons, 7th Heaven, Jeopardy, and others).

We tape Paul James every weekend and watch him that evening after the kids are in bed.

dave

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.