The Robins are coming!!!

Galien, MI

I just checked the map. Some robins have already been spotted in Michigan. If you don't see them, this page will help you id the 6 sounds they make so you can "hear" spring arriving.
http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/robin/NameThatTune.html

I always check the Journey North side to see when the hummingbird feeders need to go out. They used to also do oriels and bats, but I haven't seen those maps lately.

Enjoy!
LJ

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I'v had Robbins here for about 2 weeks !!! it sounds so nice in the morning when I go to take the puppy out I realy miss the birds in the cold winter
Gloria

Clinton Township, MI(Zone 5b)

Ooh, I will have to pay attention and look for robins! Five of my trees have nests in them. Last year, one did have robins. Wonder if they return their nests, will have to look it up. I know that two of the nests have different species in them each year. If only the MI resale housing market was as hot as those bird nests!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Saw a pair here Wednesday morning, as well as the red-winged blackbirds.

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It's supposed to be really nice this weekend so I'll get out and start looking for those robins. We usually have lots of them here. I just haven't paid attention to what is going on out there. Did smell a skunk last night thow. ewwwwwwwwwwww

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Skunks everywhere over my way....poor things keep getting hit...and then we get hit LOL ^_^...
I have morning doves nesting in the corner of one of my gutters...haven't seen a robin yet though...
hopefully soon...I have the nests to Zinnia...and we will have to meet up somewhere this spring Zinnia
maybe have a greenhouse hopping adventure together :)

Galien, MI

The scary thing is that I would take a skunk over the wave of raccoons at the moment. I chased them away 7 times the other night, breaking into things. One time, there were three of them, big ones. They managed to find a way around a lock that has worked for 10 years, into the bird seed storage. I think the mouse traps I have set all around it now are having some effect, since I was out of red chili powder.

Still haven't seen a robin myself, though. Still looking. I'm jealous, hemlady and glevely! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.