Repotted Haemanthus albiflos.....

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm glad to hear yours are sitting doing nothing faeden. Mine are the same. They have the green leaves they came with but nothing else yet. I check them every day. I have them on my patio and I wondered if I should put the pot out so it might possibly get rained on.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Mine don't start doing much until about October. If it doesn't rain by mid-October I'll water them. That's about the only time I do water them - they get nothing but rainwater the rest of the year. If yours were to get watered now I don't think it'd hurt them.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Good to know... I repotted all of mine in a larger pot and suspect that will delay any blooms.

Sometimes I think 'a watched pot never blooms'.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Well, if they don't bloom this year they certainly should next year. Mine are quite neglected and most bloom reliably.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

I have been low dose feeding mine with a bloom formula all summer along with some all purpose 10-15-10. We had a storm last week that gave us about 0.5" and a 20F drop in temp. Voila, bloom. Picture later.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

KEWL!

Well the flower is only nickle sized. Maybe with more time, there will be a bigger spike and flower?

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Maybe it just wanted to get you ready for the big show later in the fall. LOL!!

so here's the pic I promised, now don't hold your breath....

Thumbnail by AnalogDog
SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL!! That certainly is a tiny little thing, isn't it? As I said earlier, hopefully you'll get bigger and better flowers later in the fall.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

When mine bloomed it was slow to open. Yours should open more.

Yardley, PA

I just love the bloom on that. May be my next plant. Can always find room for just one more.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.