Replacing polycarbonate panels

Newfield, NY(Zone 5a)

I have a 10 x 12 greenhouse with double polycarbonate panels. It was guaranteed for 10 years and it's been well over ten years. This year I'm noticing that the panels look yellowish and dingy. I have cleaned them, so I don't think that's the issue. I think I need to replace them. I'm wondering, do I need to basically disassemble the greenhouse - unscrew the panel frames and remove them to then pull out the polycarbonate and replace? Ugh. Sounds like so much work. Is there an easier way?

If anyone has experience with this, please let me know the best and/or easiest approach.

Thanks.

Greeley, CO(Zone 5b)

I don't have a gh right now, but I have been doing a ton of reading on the subject since I am looking into building one. From all the things I have read, yes you need to pull them all out and replace them. The cheapest site I have found for them is http://www.greenhouses-ect.net. I just don't know the crating cost, I plan on calling them Monday to find out.

Good luck

Ventress, LA(Zone 8b)

I have a 8X10 greenhouse purchased at Harbor Freight. The panels come off and are held by clips. I have reordered just panels through Harbor Freight. The greenhouse I have is a "One Step" greenhouse. A friend just gave me a 5X7 exactly like mine that I also need numberous panels for. Do you know what brand greenhouse you have?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.