Happy Birthday, Aspenhill !

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Have a wonderfull day! Hope it is full of sunshine!

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday, Terri! May this be a truly wonderful year for you. May your garden be full of beautiful blooms and your life blessed with much peace & happiness.

Thumbnail by stormyla
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Wow look at you--got two threads!! We're such a lovin' forum!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the b-day wishes! Two threads, does that mean I'm twice as old :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

No just twice as nice. LOL
WOW Stormy I just love that flower. I think I may have said that before but it bears repeating.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Holly. I was looking for a nice rose for Terri, but couldn't find one.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

OK, didn't want to play favorites here so adding my wishes to this thread too - what fun!

Hope your day was great and wishing you a wonderful year to come...........Barb

Thumbnail by DaylilyDiva219
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, goodness! I don't know how I missed this thread yesterday when I started the other one, LOL. *blushing*

I'm glad Terri found them both. I can't wait to see her tomorrow! We're going to "play seeds," maybe drop by DPF, and get things ready for the party. :-)

Yes, of course I will pass out extra birthday hugs.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I missed it too!!!! Hanging my head in shame......

Happy, happy belated Birthday!!!!!!

Gita

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

not to worry, Gita, we'll all help her have a celebratory weekend! :-)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks guys. The wishes coming my way have really made me feel good. Only gardeners would understand, but my favorite gift was a new wheel barrow - big, but light weight and never have to put air in the tire!

Oh gosh, that is the BEST gift!!!! Yes, indeed, we totally get it! LOL!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

The tire is the absolute best!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

New Wheelbarrow how great! I bought Ric a new one then I broke it. It was one of those plastic ones and we just loved it until I dropped a rock in it, it was a pretty heavy rock. Ric didn't think it should have cracked like it did so we took it back and got a metal one but it has the no air tires. Surprising how much easier jobs are with a new wheelbarrow. LOL

Just last week we saw new wheelbarrows at Lowes. We have one from Hechinger- thats how old it is. Metal pan rusted out and totally wobbley! DH may be getting a new one for his birthday.
I have one of those spiffy carts that got popular about eight years ago but the center of gravity is too high and wheels too narrow set--it doesn't work to haul any weight so I use it as slightly movable storage for potting soil etc.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I have this big thing with bicycle wheels it is great for big bulky jobs like pruning but it isn't a replacement for a good old wheelbarrow. It also can't go to all the places as my wheelbarrow does.
Terri your birthday thread might just turn into a Wheelbarrow discussion. Maybe a good topic for a new thread where more people will see it?

I think Il'l go do one,
Yup I did.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1078128/

This message was edited Feb 26, 2010 10:28 AM

Quote from sallyg :
We have one from Hechinger- thats how old it is. Metal pan rusted out and totally wobbley! DH may be getting a new one for his birthday.

Sally! That's too funny - that's what we have, in addition to the bigger one with the no-air tire. I use it for hauling bags of potting soil, mulch etc., to and from the car, and pots around the yard. And yes, the bottom of our pan is beginning to rust out too - I just call it drainage! ^_^

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Geez....TWO threads and I missed both of them! Sorry for the belated birthday wishes but sounds like you got a great present! I've got "Cartin it around" on my thread watch - could you post a link or more information about your new wheelbarrow? "Never have to put air in the tire" sounds like something I need! We've got THREE wheelbarrows but they're not much good when it seems like there's always TWO that need air. :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.