May 8 DBG Spring Plant Sale

Englewood, CO(Zone 5b)

Can you tell I have spring fever? The date has been noted on my calendar since January, so I thought I'd send it out to everyone who wants to put it on their calendars as well ;-)

I'd love to host the post-sale get-together again, unless someone else wants a go at it. As we get closer to the date we can coordinate in more detail, but I wanted to get the word out now, in case anyone from afar wants to make plans for a road trip. Or plane trip, eh dahlianut?

Snow on the ground, more to come, but March is a week away!
Keep your socks dry!
TrishaG

WooHoo! Even though I came rather late to the gathering last year, I really enjoyed your hospitality and seeing you wonderful garden.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

I want to come!! But alas, I will be working :o( After the sale, you can all come to Tagawa's to commisserate with me - except I'll probably be so busy I won't even see you...

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Hi Trish, I plan on going. The date will be here before you know it so it's a good idea to get a head start on the planning. Let me know what to bring. I so can't wait for spring.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

I will be there also!

Calgary, Canada

I would like to know how you run your plant sale.
In Calgary we have many plant swaps. But some people spend money,time and energy in raising plants and a sale would be more appropriate?

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

the Denver Botanic Garden runs the sale. We just attend, eat lunch, swap stories, and otherwise enjoy the outing.

Calgary, Canada

Thanks for the info.
Caroline

Englewood, CO(Zone 5b)

Let's whet some appetites...
The DBG spring sale is about a month away. As I'm cleaning up the garden, and perusing catalogs and books, I'm thinking about what I want to add to my garden.

Shade garden -- ripping out the vinca, making room for...
Brunnera macrophylla
Pulmonaria saccharata
Bergenia cordifolia

Herbs -- always room for more...
Rosemary, I think mine is winter-killed
Winter Savory
French Tarragon
and of course several new annuals

That's my list so far. The biggest category for me is xeric perennials and shrubs, and I haven't even given much thought to that yet. The 2010 PlantSelect brochure shows a gorgeous plant I definitely want, Echium amoenum 'Red Feathers.' There's another one Calylophus serrulatus 'Prairie Lode' sundrops that I'll have to look into.

DBG Spring sale is my favorite place to buy herbs and xerics; I'll probably shop the nurseries for the shade plants and seeds and vegetable plants.

For trades, I'll have herbs and xerics and some classic garden perennials. Tanacetum densum 'Partridge Feather' is a 2010 PlantSelect, and I have a large patch that I take starts from. We can start a thread for available plants and seeds soon.

Anyone else want to share their plant lust with the group?
;-)

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

I'm going to try to come this year. Missed you guys last spring! And I am super excited to see your yard/house Trisha.
DH and I did end up going to the sale last year, and I thought the sale looked a little small compared to years past, no? Maybe it was just the locale as opposed to winding through the whole grounds. I surely can't wait to see the progress they're making on whatever the heck it is they're working on (larger interior space, I think) :)

As far as lusts...I'm dying for a Japanese forest grass (Hakone). I've been seeing it around, but it's just so dang expensive..might finally pull the trigger
I'm always on the lookout for penstemons, and the DBG sale is a nice source for that addiction, as well as all the Plant Selects, more specifically Sonoran Sunset Hyssop, Spanish Gold Broom, and Cashmere sage.

Englewood, CO(Zone 5b)

Sale is less than a week away! So far I know greenjay and DH, denverjude, and I are meeting 8:30ish at the entrance. I'm bringing a friend new to the sale. Anyone else meeting us?

Is it possible Trish to get me and a friend into the sale during member's only hour? If not no big deal, but if so...I'm there early!

Englewood, CO(Zone 5b)

Definitely! Greenjay and I will be there by 8:30, and we both have family memberships which accommodate 5 additional people.

Awesome :) Thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.