Happy Birthday!! Critterologist

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Jill, Happy Birthday to you! May all your weeds be wild flowers. Have a wonderful day.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

May it be the bestest and happiest birthday ever - til next year!!!

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

So happy that I found this in time. Have a great day. I'm sure that Joyanna will enjoy blowing out the candles. Send us pictures of this if you can.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm enjoying the bright blue skies and Joyanna's even sunnier smiles this morning. Jim made a full pot of my favorite Kona coffee, and he's being "Mr. Mom" today (his department works a condensed week, 80 hours in 9 days, and this luckily is one of the every other Fridays that he doesn't work) so I can play seeds or do whatever I'd like!

Candles? I'm not baking my own birthday cake, and Jim has never baked one for me, so no candles today. LOL We may get together with friends over the weekend, and one of them also has a birthday coming up, so I might make a cake for both of us. :-)

Lady, I do think of a lot of my weeds as just volunteer wildflowers... but there are a few exceptions... LOL.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy, Happy Birthday! As if the week could get any happier. Enjoy the day, week, and your special gift.
See you next Saturday at the swap.

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Ha, cute penguin!
Happy one, Jill, and no need to wish for you a wonderful year--it surely will be with your precious "joy" Such a fun age!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Critter! What a marvelous week of Joy for you. If you've never liked birthdays before, surely this will be the one that changes your view. May they all be this "Joyful"!

Thumbnail by stormyla
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Happy Birthday to you today, Jill! I'm not at home right now, so I don't have access to my flower photos, but I hope this Emerald Isle sunrise brings a smile to your face.

It sounds like you're already having a wonderful day, and we KNOW this is the best week you could ever have, so my wish for you is that all the joy continues to grow as the year unfolds.

Have a great day and a wonderful gardening year, full of surprises - only good ones. ;-)

Hugs, Barb

Thumbnail by DaylilyDiva219
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I'm in a hurry but just wanted to stop by quick and wish you a Happy Birthday!

Stormy, that Iris is to die for!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday, Jill.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday (again) Jill!
You have well-wishers in Gessies too!
Hope this day is all you could wish for!!!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

May your day be filled with Joy. Happy Birthday.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thank you!!

We're having a really fun day. Drove out to Mt. Airy for lunch at a wonderful Italian restaurant (Panne e Vino, where they make great homemade pasta & perfect seafood... I had fettucini with scallops, crab, and lobster in a tomato-cream sauce), then went over to the butcher there to pick up a few things (ground beef for another big batch of spaghetti sauce, lean bacon, and some really delicious oysters), even got to stop at my favorite thrift shop (Joyanna got 2 "new" toys and cute black cord pants with embroidered roses!).

cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday to you ...., happy birthday to you,..... well you know the rest.... and many more the best to the best lady...

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks!

Oh, meant to comment... DL, that photo brings back wonderful memories! My family goes to Emerald Isle every year.. I know that sunrise! :-)

Thumbnail by critterologist
Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday Jill. I know all your birthday wishes have come true! Glad to hear you've enjoyed the day. Terri

Quote from critterologist :
Thanks!

Oh, meant to comment... DL, that photo brings back wonderful memories! My family goes to Emerald Isle every year.. I know that sunrise! :-)

LOL - I WISH I could be there every year - but your photo looks like we were almost standing at the same spot!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Jill, I hope you had a wonderful day!! ♥

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes, you must have been staying just a little to the north...

hope you indulged in some wonderful local seafood!

Quote from critterologist :
Yes, you must have been staying just a little to the north...

hope you indulged in some wonderful local seafood!

We did indeed enjoy some wonderful local seafood, but since the trip was in March (Easter week that year - the friend who had "won" the week is a teacher and this was her only available time off) a lot was still closed. EI is still very much on my list of places to which I WILL return. You are so fortunate to be able to visit on an annual basis!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL, sorry, thought when you said you weren't at home you meant you were there, and I was quite envious!

Some friends of ours own a beach house in Emerald Isle, and my parents rent it for a week every fall. We join them down there, and so does my brother's family. If there's nobody renting before or after that week, our friends let us get in some extra time... some of us may go down a few days earlier or stay on a little longer if the weather cooperates... With 3 bedrooms upstairs and a bunk room downstairs for the kids, we all fit, but when Joyanna graduates from sleeping in a crib somebody will have to start sleeping in the little den area on the landing. LOL My nephew is quite concerned about what we'll do about that situation, probably because he figures he will be the "odd man out."

We've been going to that area regularly since I was a kid, often renting a duplex for the week with the same friends who now own down there. So we all feel quite at home there! Joyanna got to dip her toes in the ocean last year... can't wait to see her toddling around on the beach. :-)

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Hey, Critter!! Here's to another great year of gardening, family and friends!! I wish I could send you a cup of Kona. That's one brew I like, too. Blended with Sumatra or some other dark roasted beans. I hope the little one behaved for you today.

Thumbnail by Foxnfirefly
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks! We're going to plant a lot of zinnias this year. :-)

(but don't you go blending anything with my Kona! grrr.)

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Do you drink it black Critter?

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Straight Kona?? I always thought when you have a "bad" habit, you should perfect your technique. I blend it with other strong coffee because Kona is too mellow for me buds. But I am making a note on your preference.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I don't know... I think blending Kona is a sin, like making a mixed drink with single malt scotch. If it's too mellow, make a stronger cup, or try a darker roast. To me, Kona has a very intense flavor without the bitter notes that so many coffee beans carry. We get ours from Bayview Farms, which was our favorite (or at least the best one that we could afford) from our "coffee tasting tour" on the Big Island. (I wrote a DG article about that adventure... )

Sometimes I drink it black, other times I do add a bit of half & half... but not sugar. If there's some left in the pot (rare!), I have been known to add dark chocolate syrup and milk for a premium cold mocha!

(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday, Critter :) After reading about what you do to Kona coffee with dark chocolate syrup and milk, I am certainly not wishing you a year of good behavior - culinarily speaking. Wishing you more inspirations in the year ahead, to the delight of the rest of us.

Karen

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hey, I figure when you're dealing with day-old Kona, a little dark chocolate is a permissible add-in.

Thanks for dropping by... hoping we can get together once the glaciers melt!

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Critter,
Wishing you the happiest of birthdays.

Thanks for all your wonderful advice & help
for my garden.

Cris

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Cris! I know we're all starting to make plans for what we'll do out there once the glaciers recede... ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.