Some blooms for a cold snowy winter

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Hope this gives you some hope for whats to come this summer. hope you enjoy.

Wilfred

#1 - "Manila "

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#2 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#3 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#4 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#5 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#6 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#7 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#8 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#9 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Last one for today.

#10 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Wilfred, for sharing your beauties with us. We will have to let you out of the dog house now. Love the ruffled edges on #7. All are stunning. Thanks again....I needed a boost of hope for the coming spring. Soon, I hope.

Hugs,
Judy

So beautiful! and such variety of colors. Thank you for taking the time to photo and post.

edit to add #8 has very flat petals for being a double? So pretty.

Melissa

This message was edited Feb 13, 2010 11:49 PM

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

WOW those are all beautiful, How did you manage to get so many different varieties, no wonder you are up at all hours and run out of time.

I will take one of each please *S*

Doris

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10b)

All Great as usual Wilfed..

Thanks for posting them. I really like the form and color of # 2

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

LOL! Judy, now why would I be in a dog house, I just an innocent man posting some innocent panoramic photos for you while enjoying some pleasant weather were having lately. Have to say I really like the states but only when its summer, which you all had the same weather were you live as I do, hope when all that snow starts to melt they won't be any flooding anywhere over there.

I kind of noticed that to about #8 Melissa, only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't produce hardly any pollen I can use to cross pollinate other hib with it.

Hey Doris, nice hearing from you on this forum, Melissa found me here on this forum also and now she's become a regular also here, hope you do the same. BTW, have you seen my other threads on this forum, if you think this are beautiful wait to you see the rest of them.

Jon I like the color an form of #2 also, been cross pollinating it with all my other hibs for a while now, just have to wait to see what comes out of the seedlings, I thing my latest hib seedling " Cupid's Blush " is from a crossing I did with it but can't be sure since one of my dear little rug weiler puppy decided to pull out all the name tags I had on them, don't think he like name tags, every time I put one on a plant he takes it out when I'm not looking and breaks them to little pieces.

Wilfred

PS Photo is for Judy, look at what a wonderful day it is over here, hope your weather gets better soon and warmer soon.

Thumbnail by WQP
Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Wilfred I don't think you would want to see our weather, we have 6" of snow with 8" more predicted for tonight and tomorrow.
I am glad I found this thread too I wouldn't want to miss those pictures, I just wish they were all in my plant room *LOL*

By the way are you coming to the new place or just staying here, I will be at both.

Doris

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#11 - " Cupid's Blush "

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#12 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#13 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#14 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#15 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#16 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

#20 -

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

And this is the name tag destroyer name Zeus.

Wilfred

PS. Doris, I'm staying here just for now, still having problem with the e-mails on the PC and haven't the time to fix it.

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Who Me!

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

And this are his accomplices.

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

I'm innocent, I've been framed by some other dog, runnnn for it!

Thumbnail by WQP
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Well don't look at me, had nothing to to with it.

Thumbnail by WQP
San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful flowers, and cute doggies too :-)

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Wilfred maybe my cat helped them, he has been banned from my plant room.

I am amazed at how many different flowers you have, can't wait till I get my seeds from you, and hope I get a few like those.

Doris

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Tanks Karen, love them both, plants and dogs.

I think our animals get jealous of all the time we spend with our gorgeous plants, so they tried to destroy their competition Doris.

Oh! by the way Doris, I pollinate my hib just as much as I pollinate my Desert Rose plants only difference is I plant all my hib seeds as they produce different hibs from every seed and than I propagate what ever comes out unlike the DRs that need to be grown from seeds to get that beautiful cordex they have. Then I try to sell whatever I produce from them to compensate what money I put in cultivating them hopefully.

Wilfred

Seed pod from #14 that the plant has right now.

Thumbnail by WQP

Great doggies!

I like #18 and #20 the best, tho they're all wonderful.

Went to the Agriculturall Fair this morning, bought two Cochin Bantam chickens, for egg layers. Not many blooming hibiscus for sale, and a smattering of DRs here and there. The Hibiscus Society always has lots for sale, but NONE ever blooming!!

And someone else, where was that? ,,, said their dog steals tags, the lady said she has to bury the tags under the plant. I think it was in the sedum forum.

Cheers!

Melissa

Ah, my new chicckies, the 2 cats are definitely jealous.

edit, what was I thinking putting this here????

This message was edited Feb 15, 2010 10:02 PM

Thumbnail by
Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Wiber I had Hibiscus last year, didn't know how to pollinate them now I must learn, if you have seeds for sale DG mail me I would gladly buy some.

Doris

Confused to post my chickens here! Sorry!

Wilfred, #8, with not much pollen, must be a lady plant, hey?

LOL,

Melissa

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I LOVE NOS. 12 AND 18

Doris

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

I have to agree about the dogs thinking the plants are more important, lol. Whenever I work outside, my dog, Sadie, has to be right next to me, often swishing the plants with her "tail of death"...

BTW, Wilfred - #7 is "Curly Top" :-)

karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.