HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELL!!!

Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA(Zone 9a)

Hope you have a wonderful day and don't do anything you feel guilty about tomorrow...LOL~~~

Janet

Thumbnail by imapigeon
Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

A Birthday Wish for you Kell.
My wish is that your Birthday is filled with Joy, Laughter, Fun, Friends, and Love.
(Maybe some new plants or great photos too!)
Walk In Beauty!
SingingWolf

Thumbnail by SingingWolf
Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Happy Birthday,Kell. The day is sure to bring good things for you..even in the rain....if not, make a Birthday List of things to do for Kell the next day that it isn't raining...

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Happy birthday Kell! I'm sure you're out at a nursery right now buying yourself some presents!

Here's something pretty & pink for you!

Thumbnail by ecrane3
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh WOW! I was not expecting this and just clicked on the forum!

THANK YOU so much Janet for starting this thread for me! And thank you for such a gorgeous camellia. This is the season for camellias. I love them!

And thank you too, SingingWolf. I wish your wish would come true too. LOL So far I have spent the day emailing back and forth with some friends from here. I am amazed at how fast the day goes by! Then I hear my husband key in the lock and it is too late to jump up and act like I was doing something good like cooking or cleaning. LOL

Thankfully tonight he is taking me to a little Cuban restaurant that specializes in mojitos. YUM!

SW, I know I should know that flower but for the life of me I can't put a name to it. What is it?

Thanks so much Sherry. I was supposed to be cleaning, my son is coming home for a visit! Pick a room, pick a spot outside. Anywhere would be good. LOL Thursday Calif_Sue and I are going out for a full day of plants and eating to celebrate our birthdays. God help me. We are going to a huge cactus and succulent place. I am in such trouble.

Oh Liz, such a pretty hibiscus. And it is PINK! LOL I wish mine looked as good as yours! Thank you so much for your kind wishes.

MMMM....I grow mint mostly so I can make mojitos. But my parakeets like it, too. I usually give them some to shut them up when I have a conference call coming up!

Where are you ladies going for cacti and succulents?

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Kell,

A very Happy Birthday to you my northern friend. I'm still doing what 'you should have been doing today' cleaning. lol Will I ever get finished? lol

Have a good time with Sue and I give you permission to buy lots of goodies. lol

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

It's a Brazilian Plume plant. I am more surprised than anyone, that it is blooming. It will have to stay in pots and go into the deep shade for the summer.
It was one of my surrogate Mom's favorite shade garden plants. She has always been an inspiration to me. : - )
Hoping you had a great dinner too!
WIB,
SW

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Feliz Cumpleanos, Kell.
Drink lots of mojitos and make sure no skunks get in the house !

Thumbnail by JasperDale
Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh happy day! Hope it was wonderful and sweet! Christie

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

Forgot to give you flowers, boo me! :0(

Thumbnail by mrs_colla
No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Happy birthday, Kell. Did you drink too many mojitos? Or just enough? Hope it was a lovely day for you.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Janet.
We are going to that Succulent Gardens wholesale nursery. I have never been and I do not think Sue has either. It is usually too hot there for my fat self. I die in the heat. But should be perfect now. You have been there, haven't you?

I have a parrot who screams if I am on the phone, so loud! I will have to try some mint too! LOL

Hi Donna too! I know I owe you an email! I have one question, will you pay for all the goodies I buy? LOL THANKS!

Oh right SW. I have one that has gotten quite large and rooted thru the bottom of the pot into the ground. I love that plant! Very easy! And lives here ouside year round. Thanks.

Hi JD! Thanks so much. We had a great dinner and a huge pitcher of traditional mojitos. So good. No more skunks yet! LOL

What a beautiful poppy, Christie. Thanks so much for your well wishes.

Hi KaperC, thank you too! It was a huge pitcher of them but what I do not get is that first glass is as good as the last even with all the ice melting! I also think there is not that much booze in them, they tastes too good and I walked out of there on my own! LOL

I did have a nice day. Thank you. I had planned to go to lunch with 2 girlfriends but one of them had a small car accident so we put it off for this week. And that was good because I am so full had I had a big lunch too, I would be sick right now.

Oh Tom is calling me, he got me a huge flat screen for my bedroom. It is so big, I have no clue how it is going to fit. Me thinks he wanted it. LOL He just hooked it all up so I need to go in and admire it.

Thank you all so much!

Kell, try whispering on the phone - confuses the heck out of them! LOL
I was talking to the vet on the phone once when our macaw let out a yell right over my shoulder.

You and Sue are gonna LOVE the Succulent Gardens growing grounds. I haven't been there since Robin closed the shop in Carmel Valley, so he may have made it a little more "retail" oriented than before.

Elkhorn Native Plant Nursery is close-by; don't know what hours they are keeping these days, but it might be worth checking into if you have time. And, if you ladies like really fresh seafood & salads, you might want to go to Phil's or Sea Harvest in Moss Landing for lunch.

Have a great time~~~

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL KaperC. So tell me why my talking on the phone makes Macho Baby just get hysterical screaming? It is a sound I cannot stand. He can be so shrill! I hate to give him treats to stop him for that will just get him doing it more. He can be incessant. I just gave him a handful of vermicelli noodles from my Vietnamese plate. He just loves noodles.

Oh Janet, I am so hot to go now. I have to stop at the bank though, I am broke. And Tom gave me no money for my birthday, woe is me! I was going to buy something on eBay and then forgot to bid. LOL

Sue and I just both looked at the 2 restaurants reviews on Yelp. Looking good! I may bring a cooler so I can bring some fresh fish home for dinner.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Think Tom would be mad if you returned the big flat screen and used the money on plants instead? LOL

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

ecrane3, not such a bad idea! :-)

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Be the first thing I would do.....

Can't wait to hear about your exploits today and see what booty you girls bring home!!

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Me too, lots of pics of new purchases please. :-)

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthday Kell!

You could probably hookup your camera to the big screen tv to enjoy your pictures after a day of shooting. I bet Tom wouldn't see that one coming. lol.

Cheers from way up north!

Camellia @ Filoli thanks to my wonderful tour guide - Kell

This message was edited Feb 11, 2010 12:03 PM

Thumbnail by growin

Great photo!

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

A splendid photo it is indeed!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Jumping into your forum to wish Kelley a happy birthday here too!

Thumbnail by victorgardener

Kell, I would be the last one to even attempt to explain why a parrot does anything! LOL One of ours used to make noise as soon as we started talking at the table - we used the whispering and also completely ignored him/her (can't remember) and it worked.Conversation: "Do you hear a bird?" "Nope". "Hmmm, wonder what happened to that bird?" "I dunno, maybe it will come back." It has the funniest effect on them. Of course, there is always something different around the corner, then you're stuck again. I read a lot of bird journas!

Seriously, I would try getting him/her involved in something else before I made a call - if the phone rings, leave the room. Avoidance is a good technique if it's possible!
What type of bird is Macho Baby?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Kaper, you said "Avoidance is a good technique if it's possible!" -- that is my husband's technique with me! LOL Baby is featherless Indian Ringneck. I just had to cover him for he was screaming so loud at me. I was out all day so he is so excited to see me. LOL

WOW you guys are making me feel so special! The older I get the more I love that feeling. When I was younger I would be embarrassed, now I say BRING IT ON! LOL

Oh Janet I am taking a break from this huge bowl of cioppino. I had to go wash my hands before I typed. My shirt is covered in cioppino red sauce!

I will tell you I was so perclumped at Succulent Gardens. I was in a tizz. It was too much for me almost. I hyperventilated at the site of all those huge aloes, aeoniums, agaves etc not to mention all the small ones. LOL As soon a I walked into the first GH I saw SO BLUE, TRUE BLUE cactus. BLUE cactus has been my heart's desire ever since PlamBob posted his (much better than these but I was still so thankful) in the C& S Forum. I made a beeline over there before Sue saw them too. LOL. All is fair when you hit those nursery doors.

I would have paid whatever they asked. Thankfully they did not ask for much so I bought 3 pots of them! LOL And Sue didn't want any so no fight broke out. She even helped me get them out of their holders because I was so excited. LOL

We had the BEST TIME!

We ate at Phils and that was great too. I had blackened swordfish which was just so fresh and so excellent. Miss Sue had mahi mahi encrusted in something or another. She will tell you. She loved hers too. Sadly I saw a sign that said fried New England full bellied clams so of course being an East Coaster, I had to buy that too. That was not edible. Actually disgusting. Saturated in rancid oil. Plus they used a puff coating and little clam wish is not the East Coast way! I think Sue and I each ate half of one and that was it. But the cioppino I brought home from there for dinner is very good too.

We also went to Sierra Azul and had lots of fun there.

When I get done eating I will download some pics to share. Pretty Sue took some too and I am sure she will be showing hers also.

WE BOTH HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY! Thank you Janet for your help in that!

HELLO so nice Mike! I am thrilled you and Victor came over here to wish me a Happy Birthday. I will say Victor has been following me around wishing me a great birthday so he has really made me feel so special. THANK YOU Victor so much. Beautiful photo pf that bird! What a red, red beak!

And thank you my friend Mike. I even remember the exact instant you took that photo! All 3 of us were standing there looking at it. You captured it so well!

(In NY we call it stalking. Shhh.)

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

VictorG...that's a great bird shot! Is that a cedar waxwing?
Kell, that's my problem also...if I see something I want, the price is secondary. When Jer asks me what he should price something at, what I would pay for it...I tell him he should know not to go by what I'd pay for it, I will pay more than I should if I really want it.
What an absolutely wonderful day you had! Remember, it's not just your birthday...it's your Birth Week. You deserve to go out and do great stuff for the next 6 days at least......

Thanks. No - momma cardinal.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Huh...shows how little I know my birds. I do remember seeing cardinals in Iowa while living there briefly. I probably saw the females also if I saw males, but didn't know what they were...the males, yep, I knew what they were. I sure do wish we had them here. And I feel sorry for England...no hummers!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

LOL Victor. You are so funny!

Well Miss Sue has not answered my email giving me permission to show her in the photo with my so blue, true blue cactus! So I must wait on that one

So lets do food, sadly my favorite thing.
Here is Sue's lunch, encrusted mahi mahi at Phils Fish Market

http://www.philsfishmarket.com/eatery.html

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

And mine, Blackened fresh swordfish. So good!

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

And the worst, lots of rancid ttasting oil with a few New England (NOT), full bellied clams.

Thumbnail by Kell

I'm drooling over the thought of cioppino - haven't had that in years. slurp slurp slurp...

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Hey, Survivors on, took a break to check my email.

As you will see, I prefer sitting in the dirt laughing while you are in your tizz. I think image #2 and 3 will tell the story best.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh shoot Kaper, I ate the cioppino and forgot to get a shot. It was so good! I coudl take a pi comy no wred shirt. SLURP drop SLURP drop SLURP
I had garlic bread with it.

OK, I couldn't get the pot of my new to be so BLUE, true BLUE cactus out of the pot holder. We had a time crunch befor ethey closed and I started getting too freaked and so excited so Sue bent down and yanked on it and over she went back on her butt. LOL

See my so BLUE, true BLue cactus there? See Pretty Sue?

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

How cute is she?

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I was just looking at the living pictures, wondering how I left without buying 1!

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

But seeing a few of them together (they had tons and tons laid out as 1 huge picture), I see now that the design went from 1 block to the next so I think this is going to be a huge wall display at the San Francisco Flower and Garden Show in March and not mean to be each block by itself.

Thumbnail by Kell

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.