Mid-Atlantic Musings - Page 3

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

The Puberty Fairy struck here today! Young Prince Heartogold was under a spell that kept him locked in his chamber till past nigh time to go help the Queen of the Snow. Yeah well, ha ha, the Young Prince was stuck with a "steed' that was still buried in snow and could not hither to the Kingdom of Denny's for a Grand Slam with his pals. Mehopes he has suffered from his slothfulness. The End.
LOL, after a few hours, and contemplating the Puberty Fairy stories here, I decided it wasn't the biggest deal in the world. Sigh. And now back to the cool structures and topiaries. My garden would really benefit from accents like these, they add another element. I have nothing structural. At the minimum I need to replace a thing we had put together to hang a small bird feeder and suet from. I've been wanting to put up a pole with a bird house on top with a green sedum roof. I saw that somewhere.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Quote from stormyla :
I don't think that Rick had any idea of what he was in for when he said "I Do" to RCN. That gal is a force of nature!!! LOL

I think you're right - Rick had NO idea but he does now! He told me recently, "I love how creative you are but WHEN does it stop?" LOL I'm just making up for lost time! The first few years I was here I was so depressed working in this crappy soil after leaving my wonderful rich soil behind in Maine. Fortunately I finally adapted and there's no stopping me now :)

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I posted this everywhere I could think of this morning but thought I'd share it with you. My son sent me the link last night and I'm so proud of him for doing this :)

Quoting:
My son lives in Phoenix and for the past couple of years has been on his own personal mission to rescue and find homes for stray cats. Although he's adopted many of them himself (up to 6 now!) he's having a difficult time finding a home for Joey - isn't he beautiful? He's trying a new approach and has developed a website to find a home for Joey: http://adoptjoeythecat.com/. I'm trying to help him and am posting the site anywhere I can think of to reach as many people as possible. If you're interested or know anyone who might be, please contact him through the website. FYI, I think he made a mistake though, he probably meant to say that "vehicle travel is (NOT) out of the question"! I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to travel as long as the distance is reasonable :)

He did an amazing job with the website and I hope he finds Joey a home :)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

aaaaawwwwwww me too.. and the website is very nice

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

He impressed the heck out of me but of course he IS my son :) I think this is his first website and I thought the video was a nice touch! I'm hoping it will melt someone's heart like it did my own :)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh I am sure he will

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

RCN, I really enjoyed that so glad you shared. Made me want to go to AZ and get that cat and I'm allergic to them. LOL Beautiful cat and very special son. I have passed the link along to a friend that is very involved in pet adoption and other animal issues. I asked if she could send it out to some of her internet friends, she has a ton of them.
Ah Snowqueen what a wise Queen you are. You and those like you will find that much like the horror stories of Birth Pain the Puberty Fairy years will soon fade into fond memories and funny stories that you can use to embarrass your adult children with. LOL Holly

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thank you so much Holly! I'm hoping by getting his site "out there" he'll have better success in finding a home for Joey. All we can do now is keep our fingers crossed!

rcn, a very handsome kitty that is! If someone in MA adopts, your son could visit you on the same trip!

Holly, this Queen's wisdom, feeble it may be, is due to listening to other Kings and Queens who have been through the 'war' and share battle stories--thank YOU

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

WOW, he looks just like Fred. If he is the same breed he will be one hugh kitty, they need a lot of brushing so I hope whoever adopts him will be dedicated to a lap cat and brushing.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2010 5:48 PM

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Debbie, Your son did a nice job on Joey's website. I'd like to get another cat, but will need a kitten. I want one I can teach to like a weekly bath and damp grooming. I've read you can reduce their dander to an almost negligible point that way. I still miss Bubbles, who vanished on the 4th of July. Ric

This message was edited Feb 10, 2010 12:09 PM

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Fred is a beauty. I just love cats and Ric is really going to miss having one. Once Sassy is gone (she is the last in a long line of cats) I won't get another. They just kick up my allergies, too much. Maybe I can find him a nice mixed terrier for a lap dog he loves mixed terriers. Have to find one with a good personality.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I was just sitting here thinking if I had my Greenhouse up I would have a good 3ft or more of snow piled up around the sides with snow comming off the roof and drifts I could see it being a lot higher than 3ft. Wouldn't my "Dream" Tropical Garden look great with a wall of snow behind it? sigh......... Holly

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I keep looking out at mine to see if the roof is still in place.. 1st winter with it

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Great goings on here. Nice son you've got there, RCN

You're right Sally. A sleepyhead is no big deal.

Everybody is working from home today. In the background of all of the conference calls are screaming toddlers and requests for cookies, fruit roll ups, yogurt and an occasional crash. Lot's of "Don't hit your sister" and "SHE'S playing with that now." I don't think the Californians are taking it very well.

Quote from stormyla :

Everybody is working from home today. In the background of all of the conference calls are screaming toddlers and requests for cookies, fruit roll ups, yogurt and an occasional crash. Lot's of "Don't hit your sister" and "SHE'S playing with that now." I don't think the Californians are taking it very well.

HAHA HAHAHA!! poeple think work from home sounds so easy. There's the flip side, Mom's other job won't go away!

Fred is so handsome! Critter uses baby wipes to keep cat dander down.

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Fred does get noticed! Most of the time I hear "Thats the biggest cat I ever saw". He is bigger then my dogs. And to think he was a scrawny, hungry stray that showed up at the back door in Feb years ago.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, lot's of moms that work at home still send the kids to day care for that very reason.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Thank you, he IS a great son, I just wish he hadn't chosen to move so far away!

Chris, Fred does look like Joey - what a beautiful cat!

Ric, I remember when you lost Bubbles, still so sad :( I'm still feeding the feral that looks just like Bubbles and hangs around the nursery. He (or she?) is such a beautiful cat but still won't let me get too close.

Quoting:
HAHA HAHAHA!! poeple think work from home sounds so easy.

I remember those days! I worked from home for years and it was great to have the hours "free" while the kids were in school. I usually had to stop when the school bus arrived and finish later in the evening after they had gone to bed - too many distractions! When I finally gave up my business and starting working a "real" job, the distractions didn't stop :( I used to get phone calls at work, usually from Emily, her brothers were either teasing her or bossing her around. I still have a note in her scrapbook that she wrote to me with her "report" of what brats they had been! LOL

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL That's cute RCN, You should photocopy it and send it to each of the kids next Christmas.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

RCN, We still miss her terribly. As we are going through all the pics and putting them back in files, I was thinking how many of the garden pics she is in, always underfoot. I remember how I would have to push her out of the way when I was weeding. Her tail waving under my nose. And no matter how often I would tell her no I will not pick you up and pet you. I would always end up giving her a little attention and suffer the conquests later. Holly

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I remember seeing her in your photos too, Holly.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Why do guys always want to tough it out? I couldn't get DSO to wear gloves or boots out there shoveling snow. He had on a flannel shirt and down vest and wasn't even wearing his flannel lined chinos, just the regular ones. Although it was sunny, it was quite windy and it is cold out, in the low 30"s

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Talk about toughing it out I could just about shoot Ric right, now. He is still out there with the snowblower and a headlamp. I've tried 3 times to get him to quit and come in. He just says I'm getting it done. GRRRRRRRR

Edited: OK I guess he will live till tomorrow. He just took the blower down to the barn..... sigh.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2010 9:07 PM

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hard to tell them what to do sometimes

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL onewish boy I learned that a long time ago. He came in and went right off to bed, poor "stubborn" baby. He will be hurting big time tomorrow. He is very hard to get stopped once he is on the move, he just tries to do it all because he thinks that he needs to get it done while he can. Just wish he wouldn't push himself so hard.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well better that way than a lazy butt!!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Yes, but the recovery can be long and painful to them and us! LOL

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Quoting:
LOL That's cute RCN, You should photocopy it and send it to each of the kids next Christmas.

That's a great idea I might just do it! I'm sure they'd all get a kick out of it :)

Just wanted you to know, if anyone's interested I posted snapshots and instructions for those rebar trellises on the Garden Talk thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1074883/#new. I kept going back to the video to watch it again and a few times it wouldn't play for me. I got nervous that when, and if, I actually decided to tackle the project I might not remember how!

Crozet, VA

I willl admit that I haven't yet read through these three pages of musings...but am wondering if the thread died or if there is a page four and so on some place else? I like the idea of having a place to go like this. I am looking forward to finding the time to read back through and see what was on everyone's mind this past winter.

Please advise.

Ruby

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ruby, I just haven't had the time to keep this thread going. Maybe things will settle down in the fall & I will. Or someone else could take it over before then.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Things have been pretty slow here this summer on the Mid-Atlantic Forum. Hope to see the chatter pic up a bit. I haven't been posting a lot myself. The flower threads have been the busiest. People posting pic of what is blooming in their gardens and chatting a bit. There was a July Blooms thread and now their is an Aug Blooms Thread.

Crozet, VA

Thanks ladies.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.