~Daniel

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

just opening

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

more open...

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

My personal fav cross...gotta be a seedling hyb from 2009 crossbred!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Pale lavender

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

At last, a picture!

~Daniel

Thumbnail by DMgardener
Selinsgrove, PA(Zone 5b)

This year I winter sowed a few seeds of white cleome. This is the first to bloom. Some how a volunteer survived in the vegetable garden. It is a pink and white one. I haven't had cleome in that garden for at least four years.

Don

Thumbnail by DEMinPA
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Dan...what is that? LOL LOoks green!

Don, those seeds can hold back and will pop up at amazing times! All mine are seeded from last year and most did not germinate for me. So Im anticipating they may another year now!

Stewart, TN

That is truly amazing. I am trying to "encourage" a cleome to selfseed for next year. Should I just try to keep the ground clear around it, or put down compost for it, or what would help most?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Some annual seed will do that but most will winterkill but depends a lot on your zone...

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

BB, it's a pink/white one. Now it is about 6 feet tall is has about 20 stalks in full flower. The Polenisa dodecacandra is doing well, keeping just a bit shorter than the regular cleome. How tall are your cleomes?

~Daniel

Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, I have been following this thread and have a question. I planted 2 white cleome this summer and have harvested many seeds today. Will the seeds be white next year since I had no other colors to mix with them?

I love the white through my garden and am not really interested in the other colors right now. Of course my tastes can change like the wind. LOL

Any help would be appreciated and if they will come true I have seeds to spare.

Thanks so much,
Joy

Utica, NY(Zone 4b)

Here is my pink one in bloom..... I just tossed seeds in a pot and thiis is what grew.....

JM

Thumbnail by janemarierose

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.