Heidi Chronicles - A Tribute To Kitty

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

My brother in law says that with her hair cut, she looks like Carol Channing...LOL

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

LOL, KyWoods,

Got a picture?

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Here are a few more pics, product of my hard work ...

Each of these started out as the perfect shot...and then he moved at the last fraction of a second. Many of these also suffers from that incandescent problem. Wrong setting. Not that in matters considering...

Here is the top of Widget's head.

Thumbnail by DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Side of the head

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

This is how it went. I have a dozen of these.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Then I finally got a few decent ones. This is one of my favorites.

An old picture of my Mom kissing 'Sophia':

Thumbnail by KyWoods
Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Awwwh, KyWoods,

What a sweet pic. Do you have one of the Carol Channing pics?

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Oh, Just remembered...

More good news. When I was upstairs with Kitty earlier, I jiggled her toy around again to see how she would react. Yesterday when I did that the rattle sound scared her. I was wondering after all of her time out of doors just trying to survive if she would remember how to play with toys.

I held the toy in front of her, sort of a squid looking thing with a bunch of legs, and shook it. It rattled, but this time instead of getting upset, she batted it with her paw and soon we were playing like all get out.

That's great! She is sliding right into her role as a 'house cat', isn't she?
I'll have to get pics of Sophie next time she gets her haircut, lol.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Ruth,

Thanks for the info on the collar. I'll check into that. Sounds safe and would also be a good place to put her rabies tag so people know she's 'legal'.

BTW, there is no shower curtain. I'm beginning to wonder where to go from here. Kitty is doing great upstairs and has been very well behaved. Oh, and I got solids today. Still need to go up there and clean up. I notice that while she is using the litter box, she isn't covering things, but she has tossed litter out onto the floor. Maybe it will just take a while to learn to use it correctly.

She has been amazingly well-behaved so far, but is beginning to hint that she would like to get out of that small area and look around. I don't want to let her out again just yet. I would be more comfortable letting her out of the upstairs bath if I knew I could get her back in it. I'm not confident that she would let me carry her upstairs and/or put her back in there. Thoughts?

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

[quote="KyWoods"]That's great! She is sliding right into her role as a 'house cat', isn't she?

How is Widget reacting to her?

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

gardenpom,

Baby really does look very much like Kitty, doesn't she? Looks like Baby has slightly longer hair though - my favorite. Very pretty. What color do you figure Baby is? Or do you even concern yourself with that?

Thanks for sharing the pic of Baby. She looks like a very sweet and intelligent feline.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Hi June,

Right now, Kitty is upstairs 24/7. Widget never goes up there, so he doesn't have any interactions with her. I'm sure he knows she is here, but they don't come in contact right now, so no problems. They had more contact when she was at the front door and Widget had to pass her to go outside.

He was acting very jealous at 1st, wanting me to play with him instead of going upstairs and so forth. I went out of my way to spend more time with him, play with him more, buy him [very much unneeded] toys when I got stuff for her, etc to reassure him that he isn't being pushed aside. He seems to be getting over that now.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Susan,

I know you are right that Widget and Kitty will learn to get along - somehow. I'm not afraid of them being together. I'm sure Kitty can defend herself. Widget is a whimp. He's bluffing. Kitty actually outweighs him by several pounds BTW plus as Ruth points out she can climb well above his head to get away from him. She shows considerable skill and patience in dealing with him.

Your cat - Sadie? - looks like the black kitten, only larger, of course. Those green eyes really stand out on the black background.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

KyWoods,

I used to give Sassy some strange cuts. Once she looked like Darth Vader.

Yes, Kitty is doing so well it's easy to forget that she still isn't entirely tractable. She still doesn't care to be held. I'm working on that, and I need to get to work on the crate issue, too. But, yes, she is acting so much more like a house cat than I had ever expected this early.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Folks, it looks like it's time for a new thread already. As promised, I'm created the new thread here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1073998/

The purpose of the new thread is, of course, to continue our conversations on a fresh thread before this one gets to long and difficult to load, especially for those on dial-up.

Hope to see everyone at the new location.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.