Large white

Bakersfield, CA

Hey bonjon,
Keith does have a couple of rows in the back of others' irises, including some of Joe Ghio's. I was up there last May, and incredibly B. Blyth and J. Ghio were both in Salem for their annual hybridizing visit at the same time and I ran into them at Mid-America (a thrill!); and Joe mentioned later that both Keith and Barry were using pollen from MY BELOVED for crosses while they were all at Keith's. So hopefully that might mean it's an iris that would be good in different climates, if they're all using it. Just a thought...

Raleigh, NC

if Keith is using it, then it's a good parent - that's GREAT information! Thanks!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

The only SA I've knowly grown....or tried to grow is Sky Hooks.

Oo-Oo...Beloved looks nice and froo-froo.

Raleigh, NC

LOL - now, I haven't heard that term, froo-froo, since I left the PNW!

South Hamilton, MA

You aren't old enouf bj.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Well,froo-froo describes fluffy and ruffled to a T...LOL

Beatrice, NE(Zone 5b)

If you like My Beloved, you might also look at Forever Blowing Bubbles, a very similar iris also by Ghio. Since it was introduced a couple of years before My Beloved, it should be about $10-$20 cheaper.

Raleigh, NC

that one's on my list already!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Bubbles is on my wishlist too.

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh man.... I'd better work another day of over-time...... &:-)

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'm hope I sell lots at market so I can buy more...vicious cycle...sell some...buy some...sell some....buy some....put a bunch in the yard.....LOL

ha ha Big red! &:-) that's the life! &:-) I sold several on Craigslist last year. That worked well. I'm going to try the flea-market this summer too.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

so many pretty plants....so little dirt....LOL

You said it bigred... There are lots of open fields near my house, but they may be zoned for commercial use only...I just drive by them and dream... If I wanted to start my own Iris 'farm', I wonder if I have to purchase land that's zoned for a certain use. dreaming and dreaming...

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I'll have to start wandering over into my neighbors yards again....LOL. I've already sneaked over to one neighbors yard a couple of years ago. She came home to find new flowerbeds on either side of her driveway. The Masked Gardener strikes again with drive-by landscaping......LOL

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Bigred, did you do this too?

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
South Hamilton, MA

Certainly would help the problem with gutter balls.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL...no but I wouldn't put it past me.

Raleigh, NC

nah - if bigred had done it, those would be irises, not tulips!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.