I'm am OVER the rain!

Raleigh, NC

anyone else enjoying the fact that our 4" of snow Friday night is already gone?

Johns Island, SC

Yeah, bonjon, Me! After clearing the driveway of downed trees/limbs to get to the Daily paper...

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

I kinda hate to see it go, but only because hardly ever see it.

Looks like more rain again tomorrow; I just hope it actually rains like this once the plants start to grow.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I still have a lot in the shady places and it will probably take a week for the snowguys I built to totally disappear .. I'm considering breaking it up so I will melt faster .. don't want big holes of dead grass where they are.

X

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Will a high tide and water saturated ground combine??? Just wondering if you guys right on the ocean can end up with brackish water in your yard??? That would be bad for just about all the plants. Can't remember the science right now.

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm pretty sure fresh water is always more buoyant than salt water. That's why when they drill wells on the coast, it's often fresh for a time, and then turns brackish as the fresh water part of the well "dries up." I don't think the two can mix easily.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

We have had a lot of salt water intrusion this year. I know the tide and the puddles met in my back yard. I don't grow anything that could be harmed by it in the buffer along the marsh but for folks who do, I advise applying lots of gypsum this year.

Some of the low lying islands lost many trees last year when we had the heavy rains during the equanox tides in June.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.