My brother

Shenandoah Valley, VA

My brother, David, died suddenly early this morning of congestive heart failure. He was only 58 and had many health problems over the past several months, but had been doing much better lately. We're pretty much in shock. He was way too young and leaves behind his wife and two sons in their early 20s.

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

My deepest sympathies to you and yours. You are all added to my prayers and thoughts. So very sorry....

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Oh, so very sorry! My thoughts and with you and the family. You have been going through a lot. You are very dear to us here. Much love and hugs coming your way.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

oh, I am so sorry. your family has already had too tough a time lately. I just can hardly beleive this. We'll all be with you in spirit for the upcoming difficult days.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Dear Hart, please be very gentle with your self during this time. My deepest sympathies.

Sheryl

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh, Hart - sending T&P's to you and your family - I am so sorry to read this - Beck

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Our deepest sympathies to you and your family Diane!
A terrible and sudden loss for you...
Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Karen

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm so sorry for the sudden loss of your brother. May it comfort you to know that many people care and are keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, Hart, I'm so sorry. You know we all want to gather around and just hug you tight!

You & your family will be in my prayers...

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

My gosh, Diane, I am so sorry to hear this news. What a shock to you all, especially since he seemed to be doing better. Deepest sympathy to you and and all the family, especially his wife and sons. You all must just be reeling right now.

Sending big {{{hugs}}} along with good thoughts and prayers tonight...........Barb

So sorry to hear that news.

My condolences to you and all who knew and loved him.

-Andi

(Zone 7a)

Hart, sending you my condolences...am so sorry this has happened

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Diane, I'm trying to play catch up this morning after being away from DG for a few days and am so sad to read about your brother - you really have had a very difficult year :((( Sending more hugs, thoughts and prayers to you and your family and know that we'll all be here for you whenever you are ready.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh how terrible Hart. You are your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Sending {{{{{hugs}}}}}} your way.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

you're in my thoughts today... I know it's no fun to be "making arrangements," so I'm hoping all that is going smoothly.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm so sorry for your loss Diane. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. It's so hard losing a sibling. Ric

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts. I'm feeling a little bit less like I've been poled between the eyes today.

Barb, that's what makes it so bad. He was doing better. I saw him three weeks ago and he looked good. He'd lost weight, his color was better and he was obviously feeling much better.

I feel so bad for my nephews. I know they're devastated.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hugs and prayers , Hart, during this difficult period.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Hart, So sorry to hear this very sad news. I know what it is to lose your brother before his time. It is very sad for his children, but it is also very difficult for us when we lose those with whom we shared the wonderment of childhood. My prayers are with you and your entire family.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

kathy

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Hart--

I am not too good at expressing condolences----but I DO feel for your loss!
Please know that you are in my thoughts and that, perhaps, the new Spring Season will bring you some comfort.....

Try to think of every flower and bulb that comes up and blooms as a memory to your Brother....
I am sure he will know how you are feeling.......Love is love--no matter how it is expressed. To me--Spring is a total MIRACLE every year!

Hugs--Gita

My "Koromo Shikibu" Azalea......

Thumbnail by Gitagal
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Hart, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am sorry for the loss of your brother. I know he will be missed.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

So sorry for your loss, prayers are with you and your family.

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Diane, I'm so sorry. Prayers for your brother and all of your family. Pam

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Diane, I just saw this thread. I am so sorry for you and your family. You have had one doozy of a year. Try to keep your spirits up. Your many friends at DG are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Terri

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

This is something that we can never prepare ourselves for, but as time goes on we can somehow take comfort in the fond memories that we have. So sorry that you must go thru this time of almost unbearable of sadness.

Teri

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Just stopping by to let you know you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers...

I'm guessing you're still pretty snowed in. Hope you're not feeling too isolated!!

cambridge md, MD(Zone 7a)

My condoleances , no words really help in moments like this. The one thing that helps in those moments are the love expressed and shared with all the good memories of that person and shared with family and friends. Sorry for your loss.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Like others I continue to think about you hart, and hope you're finding peace.

Shenandoah Valley, VA

Thanks so much everyone. This really hit me hard because it was so sudden and unexpected. He'd had so many health problems since last summer but I thought he was doing much better.

This is really sad - the day after the funeral, my sister hands me a card in an envelope. A couple of days before he died, he had showed her this birthday card he'd gotten me. He was planning on mailing it and she told him to give it to her and she'd give it to me since she'd be seeing me most every day while she was up here. I just bawled and I still haven't been able to open it.

Hugs to everyone - it means so much to have such loving, supportive friends.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Hart, you mean so much to us too. Now, you've got plenty of teary company here too. You may be out of sight, but you're always on our minds and in our hearts. Thanks for posting.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.