Group Seed Swap Discussion2

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1070744/

I didn't realize that the first discussion thread had almost 200 posts! (sheesh!)

So let's keep the conversations going on this new thread! :-)

Thumbnail by beckygardener
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Fabulous collage picture Becky.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

oh fun. So I tried to create a collage this morning too....

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Those are beautiful.

Cumberland Mtns, TN(Zone 6b)

oh yes. i cant help it...i love blue the best. I keep saying I'm going to have only blue flowers.

Ive made 3 collages and each time its been a different way.

in 2008, I wanted to have my pot of i.nils grow all over this old chair. the pot was sitting behind it, but the cat kept getting in the chair so when it would rock, the vines would break. I think I'll try again this year only sit the pot in the chair.
think it would be enough room for the vines?

Thumbnail by nanniepb

Stick a stick in it to keep it from rocking or slip a rock under the rockers and maybe that will keep it from rocking. It will be beautiful in morning glories.

exactly what I was thinking. it will be beautiful!

why didnt I think of a rock under the rockers? gracious.....what was I thinking?
anyhow, thats on my 'to-do' list this year.

along with the MG arbor/walkway.

this is the first chance Ive had to look closely at all the pictures that were posted for the seeds that were sent. they are stunning! beyond beautiful. I had no idea MGs were that gorgeous!

we are gonna be popular next year!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

awsome collage, Nicole.. I still can't remember how to do that. I am getting old. I also love the rocker idea.. it will look good!
here is what was in the I. Purp mix I sent in the swap, along with some rebeccas I am sure..

Thumbnail by joeswife

I used Picasa and you pick the photos and it does it for you...

Nicole - Nice job on the collage! :-) Love all those blooms!

Debra - The rocker will look GREAT covered in MG vines! Seriously, it will be a living rocker! :-)

Also, Picasa is very easy to use for anyone who wants to try their hand at making a collage. :-) :-)

yes, totally agree with Becky!

ha, easy for you to say. i'm stubborn and dont read instructions. i made the first collage real quick. but i kept saving one picture somehow. i'll get it!

a big storm is headed our way. 4"- 6" of snow is expected but we are right next to the Kentucky line and may be get 8-10. everyone is in a tizzy. they are already closing schools all the way down to Knoxville. everyone stay warm. and safe.

I only read instructions when I have to...

hey, this morning I called my Dad while I was washed a few dishes, then when I got done, I put the phone in the dish drainer! I didnt notice till I had finished washing dishes.

a couple of weeks ago, I filled two ice trays with water and carried them all the way to the bathroom! (i live in an ancient house with no ice maker or dishwasher.) it wasn't funny when my DD asked me "how long it took for the ice to freeze back there"

the moral of the story, you never know what I am gonna do.

its ok if we 'chat' while we're waiting to plant or see other's pictures, isn't it?

I have been sewing a lot the last few days...this is my brain resting =)

we have your snow.... ugh!

Phyllis - Be safe and stay warm!

LOL about the phone in the dishwasher and the ice trays! Sounds like something I might do. But my biggest issue is that I sometimes forget what I'm told. If it is not something really important - it goes in one ear and out the other. LOL! I think they call that selective hearing. Plus I am losing my hearing a little. We had a screamer in our class last year and I noticed after a few times of his screaming that I couldn't hear as well. I was surprised his high pitched screaming didn't break the windows! LOL! Just damaged my ear drums instead... Plus I am getting older and hearing loss is one of those things that happens with age. :-( I will take the loss of just about anything, but my eye sight. Taste, hearing, smell... I could manage without. But seeing and touching are the two senses I don't want to ever lose.

I have complete hearing loss in one ear and 20% in the other. You'll be surprised at the amazing hearing aids available nowaday. I have a transmitter/receiver, so that I can hear out of both side of my ears. It's a little cumbersome because it's old but that is OK. Hearing aids are very expensive and is never covered by insurance, yet so many Americans have excessive hearing loss.

huh? (that was bad, wasn't it?) i think i have adult ADD. my attention span is like that of a flea. my hearing is ok but i need glasses for things I'm reading or working on up close. so far I buy 4 or 5 pairs of those cheap ones and leave them all over the house but no prescription lenses.

just a few flurries so far but now its been changed from 11am to 3pm. I'm ready. it feels 'wet' outside. they had more snow south of us and it was supposed to be the opposite.

i'm the PROUD owner of a healthy Jasmine cutting. wooohooo.
Nicole, how long can I leave it in water? a few more days won't hurt will it, till I can get her potted? (its a Her and I think I'll call her Lili)

gotta go...I helped my Aunt start raisin bread in her breadmaker and I'm going to do a taste test =)

hey...i'm sorry. i shouldnt have made a joke about hearing loss. i was just being a smart asstranaut. I didnt mean anything. just my warped sense of humour.

Hey, little lady, I think we all say things we regret later. i think they say
"that is what makes us human" Boy, am I human....lol

LOL! I didn't think anything of it. And you can leave the cutting in water as long as you want. Nannie, the one I sent you have been in water since October. That's why it had such a good root system. I cut a couple for my mom and rooted it and she told me she only wanted one, so I left the other one in water 'cause I knew for sure someone would want it. Wait until you smell the flowers. They bloom like crazy all summer, in spurts, and in clusters! These jasmine fragrance reminds me of asian tea. You might not get flowers the first year, but when you do, you will not be disappointed. They don't vine up too much like some of the other jasmine. It's more like a small shrub and I plant mine in a container but zone 8 and up would be fine in the ground. They will take off and grow like crazy in the ground. Oh, and they like full or mostly shade. Some direct sun would be OK but not the middle of the day scorcher.

Oh, and I need glasses for far and near-sight too. Oh, well, it's a beyotch growing old.

me too. i wear glasses and DH says I "need a hearing aid."
Poo on him. I like it this way. The plant sounds heavenly
. The leaves are beautiful. Love it already.

well, afterwards, I thought, "why didnt you edit and delete, you big dummy" but, no. I didnt think of it. LOL.

oh. i cant wait to smell it. especially today when i look out and all i can see is white snow for as far as i can see. when i was looking at the cutting, the greedy side of me thought that i could make one more cut near the top and make another. lol. maybe two if i watch it closely. i'm glad to know about the shade too!

and as I told the Dr this week, Old Age is NOT for the Weak. i should cross stich that, haha. or make that my quote. what is that 'quote' under our name/area/time etc.? has it always been there?

I wear glasses, I can't hear past the bells and whistles ringing all the time in my ears, I don't have a belltone, and I did find out that GameVanceMedia sent me that pop up ad when ever I clicked on to Daves, so I got an uninstaller for that. I also learned how to use the picasa, thanks for that!
the quote feature is relatively new according to what I have read in other forums..

CAn you do it, Debra. The quote thing??
I've not tried it yet??

Quote from ridesredmule :
CAn you do it, Debra. The quote thing??
I've not tried it yet??

It works. Pretty cool. I've seen it a few times but never tried it. ^_^

You did it!!! Lillimerci Great!
I got to learn how.....

Has everyone read this recent post from Dave? http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7511776

If not, you need to!!!

It does not sound good to me. Does it to you?
Makes my secon time reading. Membership up in May. I just don't know.....

There is no date on that post. I wish there was so we could know because there is a discussion thread I was following a week ago. I love this site and I hope any changes they will make will be for the better. Of course it has to be because of the people on it too. I have learned so much from this site. I wish Dave's the best in his endeavor.

edited to add: This is the last one I read from Dave's and it was posted 1/30/2010 at 10:14am. I feel very sad to read this...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1072712/

and well said:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7512605

And I really like this one from Jianhua:
i'd like to speak out my mind.
After all, i have been in this DG for almost ten years, where i learned a lot of useful things on gardening, and made a lot of friends too. And I am thinking of another 10 years' subscripation. But when i heard DG will be fixed and there is no room for the founder Dave any longer, my heart sank.
Confucius he says 'If the name be not correct, language accords not with truth. If language accords not with truth, affairs cannot achieve success.' What would it be like if Dave's Garden with no Dave to be involved in? i wish someone could think it again before leaping.
At last, may DG be from good to better and to best!
Jianhua

This message was edited Jan 30, 2010 5:52 PM

This is the new thread to the post above: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1072712/ That post I linked to ... was written today.

I have a very uneasy feeling about the new purchase of DG. :-(

Might be a good idea to exchange email addresses with online friends here just in case. :-)

Thanks, Nicole! I think we crossed posts and both listed the thread link where all this discussion is going on.

I have to tell you ... I am really bummed about this!

me too, but try to be positive. I love my DG friends. Let's all email each other but don't bail yet OK?

Oh! I am not bailing yet. I am waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks to month ...

But I don't feel very confident about the new situation. :-(

Thank goodness for email! I would hate to lose track of all the wonderful friendships I have formed here. :-)

I have til May, I think my subscription is up, but I'm going to hang on and see what happens.
I just found you all and I don't want to lose you. I know we haven't met but I love you all.
That's as plain as I can put it.
becky, I got baby MG. ☺☺ They so cute!!

But doesn't Dave keep saying not to worry? I didnt read every post but has anything major changed? I guess I'm like an ostrich with my head in the sand. i think I renew in April.

re that quote thing???? i thought it was for US to put a personal quote! too funny. i looked all over preferences, MY extras, etc., looking for a place to enter one. gawd....can you tell I was born blonde??

this is what I did today... working on seeds went out the window when I went in my sewing room to look out the back windows. this is a baby quilt that I am making for the Downy Corp. they donate these quilts to hospitals for newborns and kids. they furnish the fabric, and we make the quilt and return it back to them washed. LOL. preferrably with Downy fabric softner, huh? and if we are able to donate a quilt, they say its almost as cheap to send two as it is one. but its not required. So......I sewed to the first border (yellow) and next one is a multi colored striped border.

ps. that fur ball next to it is Moe, the wonder dog. that's where he slept all day...on his blankie that I keep spread out on the sofa when it's just us at home.

Thumbnail by nanniepb

Cute , nannie. I like the wonder dog too.
They should love that little quilt.

thanks. i kinda like him too. he got a bath today too. he thinks he's all special now.

plus i'm practising for more baby quilts ;)

Thumbnail by nanniepb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.