What is your favorite morning glory picture of 2009?

Baton Rouge area, LA(Zone 8b)

I think ya`ll KWIM. :)

I thought this flower had a keyhole looking pattern though it was a nice surprise of nature.

Karen

Thumbnail by gardener2005
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Karen, It does look like a keyhole and it's a beautiful bloom.
I liked my Lavender Beauty which turned out to be a Blue Beauty.

Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks Patootie, I really like the pink throat and the little bit of white(I think) around the margin. That one is real nice! Karen

Thanks Karen, Leave it to an old lady to mis-read what you wrote.LOL I was thinking favorite bloom, not favorite photo.

NW/Central , IL(Zone 5a)

I like this 2009 photo best for the simplicity.

Thumbnail by quaintcharm

Stunning photo Sarah and a beautiful subject

NW/Central , IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks!

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Lovely bloom photos everyone! Full bloom shots to foliage & bloom to close-up of bloom! Wonderful!!! :-) :-) :-)

I had quite a few favorites this year because I was fortunate enough to receive some really beautiful cultivars to grow last year.

Here is just one of my faves. This is one I got from Antoinette. It is a cross - Aogakiyama x Chocolate Silk.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2010 6:52 PM

Thumbnail by beckygardener

Sazanami #2 from Onalee's.

Mauve Splash from Helena.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

WOW! Such a cool look that keyhole! All these are beautiful flowers.. I must say..

Becky, all beautiful and great photo's.
I did not realize the aogakiyama x Choc Silk was so pretty.
Your Sazanami and Mauve Splash, my 2 favorites this yr.

This picture instantly brings to mind the raucous bluejays that bully their way in to try and get all the food. They are beauties to look at but have big personalities. One is beautiful and quite the attention getter but a dozen can be overwhelmingly beautiful yet maddening at the same time. Can you guess which one? :)

http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/quaintcharm_1264104647_996.jpg

All these pictures are worthy of winning prizes. They are as special as the dedicated people who saw them through to their best potential!

Karen

I wish I had grown this earlier in the year last summer.. I really liked it.

Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, Beautiful bloom, love the color.

szarvas, Hungary

Karen, nice specimen.But zebra is black with white streaks or ......
Debra, this blue is very special!
Becky I hope that Mauve Splash will be the king of my garden in 2010.

I like the pictures that tell a story.
For example, this picture is not just a few plants from 4 o'clock ...
It is also my garden one Sunday in June at 10 o'clock in the morning. There is no noise, only a few birds, no stress, no work, the day will be hot because it already 72......POETRY!

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

I made more than 4000 photos in 2009 and I realize that I have only a few good shots.
This pic would be extra if the dried flower was removed.supplémentaire.

But colors are sophisticated.

Thumbnail by dany12
szarvas, Hungary

This photo is more than an identity card. There is an idea "additional ".... perhaps....

Thumbnail by dany12
Melbourne, FL

Dany, that is a gorgeous color! OK, I had to cheat. There is NO WAY I could choose only 1 shot from last year. Here are a few of my faves.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Pretty shots! Do these vines self seed? Would they become a problem?

Teresa in KY

szarvas, Hungary

Welcome Teresa - take a look !

Attention : 月 mean months in Japanese, you will need it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzGAmHPVjxY&feature=related

Dany

Oh teresa, they would only be a problem if you did not have the space for climbing, and if they are planted near anything that is tall they would indeed climb it. Alot of people think these beautiful flowers invasive, but I happen to like the cheerful greeting of a beautiful bloom in the morning. Plant these on a fence, trellis , a tree that is bare, a pole, a hanging basket, a tomatoe cage, by the window in your back or front yard, over an arbor, and you will fall in love.
Dany, OMG your garden of 4 o clocks is awsome, you know I love those so much. what is the name of that beautiful ruffled blue beauty you showed?
Gardenpom, I think your collage is definately a sight for my tired of winter eyes. you skill of capturing the morning glory is superb.

Thumbnail by joeswife

All beauties! Morning glory pictures are like potato chips. Nobody can take just one.lol!!!

Karen

Debra, Dany, and Teresa - WOW! So pretty all of them! I agree, it is hard to chose just one favorite photo! I have so many that I want to print out, frame, and display to remind me of Spring & Summer to come! :-)

I think I just came up with the perfect idea ... do a collage like Teresa and make it into my background screen picture on my computer! :-) Hee, hee ...

Here is my collage of all the favorite vines/blooms I grew last year! Oh! To be able to rewind that growing season! LOL!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh, my such beauties! Is that pink one a double? Love it!

Teresa from KY - Welcome! Most of these vines/blooms "may" self-seed, but if you get long months of freezing weather, the I. purpurea seeds are the most likely to return. The freeze would probably kill any of the other seeds.

The "double" pink is a MG, but more of a wild species - Calystegia pubescens:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/107575/
It has small blooms that look like peony blooms. Very sweet little vine. But it doesn't appear to produce seeds. :-(

szarvas, Hungary

First step for the tri-color or quadri-color purpurea ?

Thumbnail by dany12

Looks wonderful, Dany! I am hoping I got some of those vines/blooms this year, too! Very pretty quadri-color!

East Bridgewater, MA

That quadri-color is exceptional!

It's a beauty Dany.

awsome!

szarvas, Hungary

If you look carefully, I also have a beautiful flower as the first picture of this thread ! LOL

Thumbnail by dany12
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Been lurking , loving all these beautiful photo's and just wanted to say keep posting. ^_^
I grow MG every year along the dogs fence for shelter from the neighbors yard, at least thats how it started. LOL
I do not pretend to understand all the genetics, only know I love the flower, the gracefulness of the plant it's self and all the wonderful colors & patterns it produces!

pixie62560 - Welcome! Nice to see someone from China. Is there a website that boasts information about the "Chinese" Morning Glories? I am interested in information about the cultivars and species that are native to China. :-)

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Um Becky......South China is a little Town in the STATE of MAINE. ^_^

Thumbnail by pixie62560

LOL! YOU got me there! I didn't even see the ME part of your location! I just saw South China! LOL LOL LOL LOL

Beautiful little Blue Flaked I. purpurea bloom! That is my favorite I. purpurea cultivar. :-) Do you grow any other MGs?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's OK, i've had the postal service literally send my package of LIVE daylilies all the way to South China the COUNTRY!
Yes, usually I grow as many different MG's as I can get my hands on. Like I said, i know nothing about them really!

Thumbnail by pixie62560

Well stick around here and you will definitely learn a thing or two. :-) Glad you could join us!

Hi Pixie! You are going to love this thread. welcome to daves garden and I am glad to see your photos! ;D

Dany, that is awsome. I love the blocked colours.
Debra

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.