Over 7 inches of rain in the next 4 days

San Tan Valley, AZ(Zone 9b)

I checked the weather for the remainder of this week and AccuWeather is predicting 7.65 inches of rain between now and the 22nd for my end of the valley! I believe that's more than we got all of last year! Call me skeptical, but I have to see that to believe it. I hope it's true though.

Dan, I am making my homemade Asian soup tomorrow. Can't wait....it's perfect rainy day or week food!

Tempe, AZ(Zone 9b)

Don't get your hopes up.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm with 2ndChance. I'll believe it when I see it. So far today, Chandler has only had a "trace" of rain. Phooey!

Alan

San Tan Valley, AZ(Zone 9b)

LOL that's why I said that I would believe it when I see it!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

If I really believed it, I'd have to say that's probably a bit too much of a good thing.

There's no pleasing some people, is there? :)

We have had rain all day at 85022.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

It rained at my house but not all day. No complaining at the moment we needed some rain. Unless it is summer 7 inches is too much.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Rained at work (Tolleson) all day and pretty much all day at my place - 85031.

I like this rain - nice gentle drizzle, nothing too heavy. A week of this would be alright. Not 7" though.

Phoenix, AZ

I'm reading the threads of ours friends to the West
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1070307/
... from where the storm comes.
It could all break apart in Quartzite for all we know..... or not.

Cochise, AZ(Zone 8b)

Boo, Please share your soup recipe! for a rainy day that like Dan, I will have to see to I believe it but I do believe in good soup!

Payson, AZ(Zone 7a)

Boo,,
Why not just invite all of us over to try your soup???
What a good idea on a rainy day, or week.
Just an idea.
JoAnne

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

We have a winter storm warning in effect... several storms making their way from the Pacific. Snow is falling wet and heavy here now (I know, I took the dogs out...)

Tucson, AZ

Raining at my house right now!!! 85711. Keep it up!

Momherb

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

We're getting a nice light drizzle--perfect for soaking in! Hooray!

Phoenix, AZ

Turn off your drip systems ☺

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

So far I total 0.02"--I don't think it's time to adjust the irrigation just yet! :)

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

I turned mine off Thursday, when I heard this big set of four storms were coming. So far I'm wondering if maybe I should have left it on for the Sunday watering, because there hasn't been much happening out in Chandler. If the sun came out full force it would dry up right away. Not enough rain to even chat about.

Alan

Phoenix, AZ

My garden is pretty soaked, pretty consistant drizzel.

Phoenix, AZ

Nuthin' but sunshine here in central Phoenix.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Sun's out here too.. :(

Phoenix, AZ

Okay, just went outside....where are all the clouds? LOL!

Tucson, AZ

bring it own!!!!!

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9b)

Sunny in the 85742 zip code. None of the big rain that was promised has hit here. :-(

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

According to the weather last night, there are four storms moving through. Each one a little strong. The one that came through yesterday was the weakest one they said. We'll see. They may all be weak.

alan

was raining this morning at 85022...then sun came out, cloudy again now.

Phoenix, AZ

I can see the clouds from the building I'm in downtown - its going to pour. What worries me is that I heard nightime temps might go into the 30's in a few days. Which means I'm rigging up somthing over my tomatoes to keep them dry so I can cover & keep warm. I SWEAR no tomatoes for me this time next year! Taking care of them has been like being back in toddler-hood with my children. Just too much work! Always worrying about the cold. I'll yank them up by early December rather then go through this again!!!! LOL

Tucson, AZ(Zone 9b)

Our part of Tucson is now covered with clouds but still no rain. Linda

85022 raining and a nice fire in the fireplace.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

no rain here, but it's getting very dark, and the clouds are moving down way lower.

alan

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Phoenix Tempe border & the pond is rising. I can see the fish from the patio doorway.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Nice steady down pour hear - Finally!

Alan

Cochise, AZ(Zone 8b)

Still nothing here?

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1070560/

This is for the Asian Soup! Enjoy!

Phoenix, AZ

Nice steady downpour 85023

Thank you, Heaven's

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice downpour for about the last 30 minutes here - 85031

Tucson, AZ

i want rain! glad you guys are getting it. i got a text from a friend that lives by disneyland. a storm cell blew through there today. it got dark enough that the street lights turned on during the day. wow!

Sun City, AZ(Zone 9b)

85351 None here until 3:15 -- then, within an hour (while I was pruning the peach tree) we got .3"! It slacked off to mist/drizzle for 2 hours or so.......then began again -- a nice, reasonable, soaking rain....I've got a NOAA rain gauge which says we're over .6" accumulated so far!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.