Tangerine tree after freeze

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Same age as key lime and just as large and full of fruit. Looks good to me

Thumbnail by Susie2
San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Do you often get standing water under the tree? Is that clay soil?

Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

No, I never get standing water as the trees are on a watershed bank that runs off a creek nearby. It has been raining steady for the past 2 days and I went out to shoot a photo in between showers. If anything I usually have to water due to all the drought these past months. We can use the rain but not the freeze. I have a lot of clay soil in my property so I really have to watch where I plant my trees. I compost year round so I do amend where needed when preparing new beds. Every new flower bed that I have has been amended with compost.
I am now fixing to uncover my trees when the fog lifts a little. I probably have a total of 50 fruit trees, some 8-10 ft tall and others
3-6 ft tall.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

Good deal. I started my orchard 1.5 years ago in San Marcos. I have about 250 trees but only one citrus. I grow all my other citrus in the city. We got down to 11F at the orchard and it really zapped my Miho Satsuma but I think the base of the trunk may have made it.
I have many varieties at my house but the one that continues to amaze me is my Washington Seedless Navel. It took 14 degrees with only leaf damage. My lemon, kumquats and calamondin citrus all took a beating while it was just happy as a clam.

Good growing

Coushatta, LA

Mine froze to.In a rush to get everything protected I forgot to put my pomegrantes in the green house.I really pulled a Homer Simpson DOOOOHHHH!!!!!! I hope they made it.They were under my shed when it froze.My sego palm and canary island date palm took a beating but my windmill palm doesn't have a bit of damage.

Thumbnail by cowpea123
Brazoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I have 2 pomegranites in the ground that I did not cover and both of them seem to be okay. I don't worry about those trees. I have 2 sagos in the ground and 2 large ones in pots as well as several smaller ones in gallon pots. None of them were affected, although, they are all under large oaks. Good luck on the palms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.