Anyone have the everglades tomato?

Blackshear, GA

Does anyone know where I could find seeds or plants for the Lycopersicon pimpinellifolium?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Sorry no--I have no idea what it is.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I've been looking for this too. You can find seeds for sale online, but I don't want to pay such inflated prices. You'd think that someone out there would have some and not be trying to make their fortune on one package of seeds!

Blackshear, GA

tarzies,
I finally found some at mgonline.com or something like that. I planted them and they are just blooming and one has its first LITTLE tomato on it. Can't wait to try it. I will save some seed, the paper that was sent with them said that they pretty much will reseed themselves and almost a 100% germination. So in a couple of months or less, I may have some seed for you. Touch base with me in about a month.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I had some a few years ago, but they seem to have died out. Sugarweed may still have some of these tomato plants if they didn't freeze this past winter.

Jeremy

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

That's a trip to Maggie's herbs outside Saint Augustine.
I want some too, so may talk a buddy into driving over. It's about a 3hr round trip. If any of you would like to go get back with me.
Sidney

Pine Island, FL(Zone 10a)

I know I've got some in the seed stash. Not sure how many, but I suppose I'd best plant some about now.... I'll advise if I have some leftover seeds.

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I have several plants fruiting now.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Well, if anyone has any extra seeds in the future do let me know. I have seeds for other things. We could do a seed swap.

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

This year my regular tomatoes got ate by the very common earwig bugs, as soon as they started to turn from green to pink, there was a burrowing bug inside them. Also cherry tomatoes will set fruit in the heat.

Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn
Cape Coral, FL

This seems to be an old thread but I can not find my recent post on this topic that I thought was here. the answer is yes I have seeds and blossoming plants and fruiting plants. No suire how bestd to get the seeds to anyone. if still interestd please write to me via Dave's.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.