Zinnia time.....continued

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

lol. I want to do Polar Bear, I think I received some seeds for it.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL!!!

I think Im gonna try to get in some direct sow annuals tomorrow. Hope to do my radish,. lettuc, some marigolds, zinnias, sunflowers, whatever else on my list.

Today I potted up some iris, sedum autumn joys, strawberries. Loofa seed.

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Polar Bear! Very funny.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thought someone would get a rise out of that thar bar!!!!

Well, I got my black oil and my giant striped sunflowers sown today!

Was gonna do the zins today but the bed is too wet yet.

Chianti Sunnies are up. Some even have their first adult leaves!

~Daniel

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Had some volunteers from last year, but they got tilled under....

Still have some ornamental sunnies to plant here and there n the garden..

Melbourne, FL

My first Zinnia flower for 2010 is coming.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Oh so so so jealous! I cant wait to see mine. I mixed them up with some other annuals on a border bed thats about 150 feet long...pace, pace, pacing!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

oh how kaciting! Garden that is such a cool pic!

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

GP,

That is a good picture. What kind of camera did you use? Based on the color at the base of the leaves and the color in the center of the bud, I'm going to guess the color of the flower will be pink or rose or purple or something like that.

ZM

Melbourne, FL

Thank you. I have two Olympus Evolts. One I keep a macro lens on and the other a long zoom lens. I used the macro lens for that one, although I sometimes just zoom in on flowers with the long lens. Looking forward to the Zinnias blooming, they have long been one of my favorite flowers.

This message was edited Jul 31, 2010 7:19 PM

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

tadah!

PINKY! It is very nice BB! What kind of camera do you use?

~Daniel

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Much to my chagrin a Motorla cell phone....some days its good other days its bag.. My arthretic hands shake and that dont help! I like using it though cuz I can send the pix direct to the puter.. but the server is lousy and some times takes a few days for a shot to get to whwere I needed it yesterday.. UGH! Other times ZZZZOOOOM! its there seconds after I clicjk.. I do not get that.

I wish I had a good cam that had a macro and a telly.. whoodoggies Id have fun.

YOur shots always seem to come good.

I dont cull mine.. I might touch some up now and again in color or cropping with my software... but it is generally what they are when I shot when I post here.

Well, that is much better than I'd expect out of a cell. And with arthretic hands too! I know you make a talented photographer;)

~Daniel

P.S. I have double and triple dats blooming!!!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! The other day I had a weird message show up on my software on a cleaning and it said that it located 6633 pix....um.... does this mean I am an addict?

Kodachrome -head?

Well if so, beats the heck out of booze and dopes!

All da colors! Whooo hoo!

No that is not addict level. If I had a camera with a WORKING usb interface, I would have at least twice as much as you do! Well, that's life;0

~Daniel

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Whew! I thought I had a virus or sumthing!

Um Dan..... do ya think counseling will help?

LOL!

ALL TO GETHER NOW, give old Blossom a big

NAAAAAH! hehehehe!

Oh that reminds me, gotta go chech that marigold and the zinz!! got another zin!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

dang, its pretty in person, musta had some smudge on the lense.. colors nice though! LOL!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Again...the pink.. with the yellow 4clocks

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

This threads to quiet! Time to liven it up a bit.. ol Blossom got a few zins popping up...

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

lavender.... I hope this one gets more blooms.. this first flower is a beautiful color.. but the flower lacks quality.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

another orange...

NICE! I have JMGs in bloom like crazy now and the whitest zinnia ever. It looks better than White Wedding! And it was simply labeled 'White Zinnia'. Those Violet Queens are blooming now, they are just violet, not almost blue as the packet said (remember Zen and BB?)

BB, those two oranges are great! And the lavender looks so...undescribable. I don't think I have had a zinnia like that, make sure to save seeds from that one!!!

~Daniel

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Dan, I think that lavender zin might be Viloet Queen.. its just deformed.. maybe the next bloom will be better, but I will try to mark you down for some seeds on it.

The two oranges are really on the same plant.. The first one the color is more accurate. More pumpkin than red orange!

Well, I am getting some more zinz popping up here and there, but they are lost in my 4clocks!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

OOOOh how I wishthis was its true color... camera glitch! Its really pink!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Not sure on the color.. buit probably gonna be pink

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

yup, a lovely pink!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Thats pretty!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks Joe! I just love how that one unfurled! Such a soft pink too! I sure did not have the germ I had hoped for on all the seed I did get, but what few are blooming, I am utterly delighted with. I hope I can do more next year.

I do have a Violet Queen and it is almost as vivid as that one above that the color is not true on and near that color too! I found it the other day. Need to shoot it!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

pumpkin time!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.