New bees chit chat Come in!! 12/31/09 Happy New Year!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Last new thread of the Year come on in and start the New year with us!!
Some history of New Years Traditions.... http://wilstar.com/holidays/newyear.htm

This message was edited Dec 31, 2009 7:34 PM

Thumbnail by arejay59

It worked! I'm here.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Now we're all over the place - lol...

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Jan....Welcome ...Happy New year... I just Saw one of the twins made a new thread we have two I will link them in case people get lost...Sorry girls....BRB

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Nice turkeys Robin!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Kel

Happy New Year everyone!!! Any new year plans?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yup - staying home with the hubbs and kiddos and ordering pizza... Safest place to be tonight!

Same here. Just looking at new seed catalogs and drooling over all the pictures.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Turkeys at your doorstep!!! Nice. Thanks for pic.

Hehehe Them buzzards are watching Robin through the window to see when she starts to leave and they can come in and eat her seed stash. LOL They know exactly what they are doing!

they are probably drooling for some birdseed!!!

Ya and them flower seeds would be bird seed to them BIRDS!

They will plant them for her, you think?

Hahahhahahahahahahaha yea right in their bellies.

Mekos, just look at the poor little turkeys up there. They are standing out there in the snow shivering and wanting something to eat to keep them warm. Poor little Beady-eyed birds.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Poor Little birds..LoL ...those are the best fed turkeys in Maine do you see the size of them?????

I know! My husband would love to se them up close and personal! He wants to wish them a Happy hew year, too.

They are Beautiful. I have found turkey feathers in the pasture. Probably eating mule food.
They better watch out for that dog gone Donkey gelding. After I saw the chicken feathers I wouldn't put anything past him.
A.T. is an onery little cuss.

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Nice looking turkeys.........bet they would be even better stuffed! (and not with your seeds!)

Happy New Years Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh no now stuffing good thing its snowing by the foot you cant catch them!!

Poor Turkeys!!! Maybe the New year
will get them out of these folks"hungry stares"☺

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Happy New Year! Headed to Mom's today to bring in the New Year and have Christmas, as she was in AZ for Christmas and just got back! Seems she kinda likes the weather in your neighborhood, Kel! Apparently not as much snow, LOL!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy New Year everyone, time to count seeds for Spring and order more! Golly, do I really need more?

Al

Probably not, but we feel like we do, don't we?

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

So much dirt....so little seeds............yeah we all need more!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sandi - glad your Mom enjoyed the weather. We sure do. Everyone can't wait for spring, but for us that means summer is right behind it - lol...

Al - one can never have too many seeds . . .

Happy New Year Everyone!

Nice retreat. Nice to be back. I hope everyone ate lots of goodies and had a wonderful holiday! Missed ya'll!

I see we have some new friends. Welcome!

In the 20's tonight. Brrrr! LOL

Orlando, FL

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

nice turkeys arejay, i wish they were at my house, they would be spoiled here, i have the woods behind me and have only an oppossum that comes to eat. i need to put a feeder out for the deer and what ever wants it maybe this spring,
i love to just watch them.
you all have a wonderful night
blondie

Happy new year Blondie, hope your son is doing better.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy New Year everyone. Welcome back Seray how was your retreat?

Hi Arejay

Retreat was quiet. No phones, no computer. Two weeks! Just books and walks etc. Nice change. Glad to be back though. Love the turkeys.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

It is great isnt it...I am looking forward myself to the same. Soon it will be soon.

Here's to peace and quiet! LOL Hard to come by now a days.

Dellroy, OH(Zone 6b)

Just got back from the doctor and I have asthmatic bronchitis...which means if I move too much I hack my head off.......so three med's and a "stay in bed" order and I should be fine in a few days.

Well, I have started going through my seeds and found I have oodles and oodles of echinacea....and french marigolds. My step Mom gave me a box of seeds.....I had to laugh because they are labeled like....."pink fuzzy flowers" or purple daisy looking flowers....my favorite was the columbine seeds labeled with a question mark and she has been growing them for years!
I was just glad for the box and can't wait to see what these little packets are going to produce........only problem is not knowing where they were growing, sun or shade, or the soil......so I will probably start them inside and see if I can identify them before they go outside.

Anyone need a few echinacea? or marigolds?

How funny girl.I addressed all the envelopes with the begonia seeds today so they will go out Monday morning from my post office. Gonna trow them in tomorrow. They already stamped so just let me know when they arrive.

Morning everyone!

Feel better soon Jar. I prescribe a bunch of new seed catalogs. Hopefully that will make you heal quicker.

Chilly this am. Just now warming up to 32º. Zone 9a's winter. Plants are now mush like everyone elses.

Hope you have a great day!

I am up to 28 degrees. Hope you are feeling better Jar, we will say a "donkey Prayer" for you tonight to get better.
I have Backup-my donkeys carry the cross. How special can you get?? I love my longears. Yes, Catalogs help the time go by ver well.
Or searching on google how to plant seed. I love these silly computors., most of the time.

Enid, OK

This is what I have been doing in my "spare" time. I can't look at seed catalogs - I want EVERYTHING! They go straight to the trash! I read Garden Gate and Birds and Blooms - no other "wish" books for me - just gets me in more trouble.
Made this for my BF for Christmas - in the process of making toad house now.

Only 25 here today - staying inside! Cleaning out bedroom closet right now - making more room to stash stuff so DH doesn't complain about money I spent. LOL

Thumbnail by enidcandles
Enid, OK

Here is the other side

Thumbnail by enidcandles

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.