just thought

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you guys might enjoy these.. wasn't sure where to post the link

http://www.youtube.com/user/onewish1nj71#p/u

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Allison, That was really great. I particularly like that snow effect below the upper windows. Like to know how you did that. Great job!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

well that was an easy one... they are long icicles that have LED's in them.. they just do that by themselves..

these are like them.. no exactly though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RV88QQzkoU

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks, Allison, I really like them.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yeah me too... when everything is off at night... they really stand out

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

You rock the fall and winter holidays! It may well take you ten months to recover! Do you store all those supplies till the next time? My dads neighbor actually tosses about a hundred dollars of stuff rather than store and re use.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh my gosh... yes we keep everything and reuse what doesn't get trashed... and if it gets trashed we try to fix it.. I replaced lights on the deer frames more times than I can count.. and our bear this year... hopefully the leds will last longer .. I see one of them is 1/2 burned out now still had the old lights on that one.. guess all led deer for next year.. tell your dads neighbor we will pay for the shipping if they want to send it here!!

I was kicking myself in the butt for not having something for the new year... next year fireworks sounds... and Auld Lang Syne at midnight

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Ok, Allison, Do you decorate for Easter too?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

mostly inside.... but I keep an eye out for any holiday.. Randy will just give me the look if I try to buy things for the other holidays.. I usually hit the christmas tree shop for that kind of outdoor stuff... keep it cheap so he doesn't get mad... every holiday I change the lighted sign in my front bay window.. valentines day, St Patrick's.. well you get the idea.. those little things he won't get mad over

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh and my mom said I was better than Martha Stewart last Easter!!!.. can't get a better compliment then that!!.. she was so impressed I grew the tulips on the one table.. and everything matched.. cut some bleeding hearts and made a nice arrangement for the table .. and the ham was something like she never would have made before...

here is the recipe

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/city-ham-recipe/index.html

Thumbnail by onewish1
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

That's an interesting recipe. How hard was it to remove all of the skin and fat, while the ham was all wet & dripping?

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the show, I just loved seeing it all put together. How many different lights do you have in that tree? It is wild watching that thing change over and over again. LOL

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Allison, what a show. You are a budding Osborn light show knock off!
And if you get more light from Sally's Dad's neighbor. WOW Can't wait till next year.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Stormy I used a pair of metal tongs... and the skin peeled right off.. it was hot though.. can't use your fingers that's for sure

thanks guys... Holly there are 6 strings of colored lights 3 red and 3 green & the 9 strobes.. should have been 10 but Randy broke one.. LOL.. the colored strings are 35 feet long each.. so they are looped 3 times each.. makes 1 look like 3.. the commercial led lights are much longer than the standard.. we have plans to bulk that up next year.. the dead spots when just the red or green is lit.. bug me... because we set it up red, green, red green ... I want the whole thing complete when I turn on just the red lights ... or just the green ones

we watched a youtube on how a guy make a jig to wrap the sets of lights up.. takes a 1 x 2 and ties the two strings on either end.. attaches a screw gun... and zoom... makes two strands of light look like one.. Randy also has plans on adding these light holders around the window casings next year.. they are perfectly spaced.. kind of look like the holders that hold the lights in a new box... he is going to make a frame and attach them so he won't have to freeze making them perfect going around the windows.. can attach the lights inside & just pop the frame in and secure it

and don't worry even if the neighbor doesn't send me his.. I already ordered more for next year.. gotta hit the sales!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Allison, I leave my light holders up all year. A few of them blow off in high winds, but most of them stay up there. Makes putting them up a lot easier.

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Allison, Wow. I wish I could come see it in person. The technology is amazing. I loved the Twisted Sister version of O Come All Ye Faithful.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

most of the roof ones seems to disintegrate from one year to the next... most of the time when he goes to hang them the year after they snap.. he figures he has to go on the ladder either way.. might as well put new ones up every year

not sure what my favorite song is.. all the songs I programed I like...but snow miser & Dominick the donkey seem to make me dance the most

http://www.youtube.com/user/onewish1nj71#p/u/6/YeBEXJ7Oxms

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

if you guys don't mind voting for me please.. a few in the NE are helping boost me up

http://www.tackylighttour.com/christmas_lights/tour.aspx?decorationid=963

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.