Help needed - please...

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

First, as I responded to Barb earlier my apologies for being MIA. As Becky will tell you I tend to become a hermit when things feel overwhelming to me. I'll keep this short and sweet. My position of 10+ is more then likely coming to an end some time in the not so distant future. If anyone has contacts (hiring mgrs/HR) they're comfortable forwarding my resume to - I'd be very grateful. I've been here at the Doc's office as I said 10+ years....so I'm looking for Admin Asst type positions (does not and would actually prefer not being in a private MD's office) - I have very limited HR exp...some retail mgmt exp....loads of customer service exp. I'd very much appreciate you all keeping in my mind if you hear of anything!
Hugs to all!!!

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell, NO apologies necessary!! At all.

So sorry to hear about the job situation. I don't know of anything off the top of my head, but I will definitely keep you in mind if I hear about any possibilities. How far from where you live to you want to look?

With all the good and caring folks here at DG, hopefully someone will have some good contact information for you soon.

Hugs back, Barb

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Chantell
Good Luck with your job search. I am sorry you have to start the new year off this way. May I suggest that while you look and even after you get a new and wonderful job (you will!) that you look into medical coding? With 10 plus years around a physician's office - you will already be used to all the terminology and have a comfort level in a medical environment. I don't know any medical coders that are out of work and they pay is good too. Hospitals are increasingly putting computer systems in the home and sending their coders home to do the job. (I think I would love working from home --but believe it or not -- our coders insist on coming to the hospital.)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Chantell - sent you a few links that I could think of the top of my head ^_^ There ARE jobs out there, you just need to apply for ALL of them - when I started my business I applied to every agency I could find, from the US to Spain - I must have sent out 1000's of emails, now I know it's little bit of a different situation, but it worked ^_^

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you Barb!!
MR - big hello to you and thank you for the idea...I will certainly look into that to see what it entails. This is a psychiatry office so my "knowledge" is limited...but certainly I'm willing to learn.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Cross posted Bec...you're right...I know...however...I will not commute to Spain w/o a pay raise....just sayin'

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - I hear ya - Medical Coding IS a great suggestion

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Alrightey then - tons of job-search links coming your way - kick the kids of the 'puter and get to applying ^_^

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

ssshhhh I'm at work...will do tonight

If you get into a program and need help with your studies - D mail me whenever and I will help you. I am not a coder but I have had to learn to make sure that my charges are put in correctly. I can help with the terminology etc. etc. It isn't a long drawn out education and you gain 'credentials' the longer you are in the 'business.' Also check with the local community college to learn what courses are offered and when before you do any online stuff. There may be funds out there to help you via state/county incentives to fill needed positions, age related, etc. etc.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you again...very much!!!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, Sorry to hear this. What city are you near?

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell! I wondered why I had not seen your name pop up in a while!
I am thinking of you and praying for you that all works out for the best in the new year!

And...
You've got d-mail!

Hugs... Karen

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Chantell~~ it must be so scary. Have a hug! ((C)) But I KNOW that anyone who talks to you will love you!!!!!! You've got a million dollar personality and smile!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Chantell, {{Hugs}} from me too. Things will come around for you. I like missingrosie advise coding is a good field to get into, or nursing, but look into the community colleges. Beware on on-line courses. There was a time when there were offers of dental coding that you do in your home. So many people wanted to do it but the truth of the matter was, it was an expensive program to buy and the majority of dental offices do coding in office. It was a real scam and I advised against it on a coding forum.
My daughter is a nurse and got her degree through a community collage. That field can take you down a lot of different paths.
Go for it Girl! We are pulling for ya!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Chantell, So sorry to hear the news. Good luck with the job hunting, who knows a new direction might be just what you need in the new year. Take you places you never knew you would go. Holly

And the good thing about coding is that you learn the basics (you 'really' learn on the job) (the classes just 'legitimize' you) and then as you are working on the job courses are offered and the employer pays. You just gather up the experience and the credentials.

Nursing is great and rewarding too. But, if you need a job and income - it can be hard to juggle. Some hospitals co-sponsor the education along with a college. But you have to pay up front and then agree to work at the hospital for a set amount of time (that is the usual deal) and a lot of times there are $$ incentives to take a job (again with a guarantee of time) -- but it is so hard to take advantage of those offers when the money to live is needed now. If you are interested in nursing -- take the coding course (will put you ahead of another nursing application - very competitive nowadays) and you can code in the evening and take nursing courses daytimes. But regardless of which way you go..the job market is opening up in many areas and I know you will find something soon.

Central, VA(Zone 7b)

Chantell, Just making others aware that you're job seeking gets them thinking and hearing or seeing opportunities they might otherwise miss. My job tenures were long too, and each time I left a job it was wrenching, but it always resulted in something that was ultimately better, even when it didn't seem so and/or the salary was lower than what I'd left. Stay confident. I will be praying for you.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

As usual ya'll support has brought tears to my eyes...I thank each of you for understanding my absence and keeping me in your prayers...AND all these wonderful ideas (and dmails) - big hugs to ALL of you!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.