PANSYS AND VIOLAS for 2010 - Whose in?

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

that me all over again...mixed up and LOUD*G*

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Loud colors or hootin and hollering at the top of your lungs?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! Thats funny! Jon, yuppers they are fragrant if yo get enough of them!

NIce pile of panzers thar patty... dare I say the G word!??

Nice shots there too Jon...

Took another picture today of the pansies under the palm tree. They've been filling in pretty good in the past month or two.

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Mine are yellow and some croaked...UGH! Guess I better check on the guarantee

You mean the ones you overwintered? I would guess the yellowing is too much moisture or not enough light?

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

well the yellow ones were under snow...so they just come up for air!

They'll bounce back now that they can see the sun, the moon and the stars.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well, those will but the other ones are definitely dead!

Yano... croaked as in

Ribbet

Oh well. You can only save so many of your babies.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Yeah, but those I liked, I mean really liked!

Guess I better go chuck some seed in a pot.....

Santa Cruz, CA(Zone 9b)

I tried to take some pictures of my delta pinks but they kept coming out blue! Weird.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! Awww show 'em anyway, we'll get the picture!

I gotta go findmy seeds!

They're in the office Blossom. In that big file cabinet labeled "p".

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thank you, I new that!

So ok, I sowed to my large mum and viola box on the viranda, some blue pansies, some Sorbet and Cutey, Madame Steele and johnies. Also mixed some seeds in the three pots that look like my deltas are gonna make it... So something should eventually pop up!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Oh my. Holy smokes. That's some serious seed. Don't think you'll have a seed shortage anytime soon.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

When is the best time to start pansies and violas? I have read in the summer, but it is so warm here until November, and then it snows! I guess I should have started them in January, but I was late in ordering seeds, as this will be the first year I have grown them from seed.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I experimented w/ pansies and violas last year and sowed some Oct/Nov. They sprouted good then got hit by snails then we had temptes in teens. They're still out there and blooming but really small plants. I received and sowed Velour Frosted Chocolate as a bonus in a trade in late Dec.and I sowed them in Dec. and even though they're still small,they look way better than the first ones I sowed. Pansies and violas poop out on us in June so I was hoping to get a jump on them for longer color....didn't work. I'm planting them out today and hope they will start looking better.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

I just put some to pots and broadcasted seed to my garden box t e other day...Time will tell.

Dang t is puter...im still aving issues... I go down, dont talk about me! LOL! Stupid key burd wants to skip letters. My 's are skipping.

Wow, BB! You really have a lot of seeds...I thought that I had too many...have you sown a little of every single one that you have already this year?

Now that I know seeds will keep a lot longer than I ever dreamed, I will not stress over what did not get done, and focus on what should be planted now. I was afraid that if I sow my beautiful pansies now, they will not grow the best. Still, I may experiment with just a few seeds, after I have sown everything that should be sown now.

What about sweet violet? I have some seeds, but at the same time, I see many of them in the garden are blooming their "heads off' right now...

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7b)

These were in my windowboxes through winter and spring and part of summer. Those of you who order pansies, do they come as a plant or seed and have you been happy with them?

Thumbnail by curvesarein

My pansies and violas lasted until late July. That was really it for them, even though they were hanging in there, they did not look so pretty towards the end of the season. Best to start some more in a few weeks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.