Happy Birthday Holly!!!!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I was just about ready to leave DG this morning and saw the birthdays just in time! Hope you have a wonderful birthday :)))

Thumbnail by rcn48
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday!!!

Thumbnail by onewish1
Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Have a very Happy Birthday!!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

♪♪♪HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU♪♪♪

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone for the Birthday wishes and beautiful flowers.
Looks like it is going to be a great day. Last night I went Christmas shopping with one of my daughters and she took me to dinner. Josh and I are shopping this afternoon and then he is comming back here to work on swags and wreaths. Ric already has dinner in the crock pot for tonight and all the family will be over on Sunday to help decorate the tree.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Happy Happy Birthday!! Enjoy it.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Holly, May you have a wonderful year full of all the things you love. Happy, Happy Birthday!!

This message was edited Dec 11, 2009 10:22 AM

Thumbnail by stormyla
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Best wishes, Holly!

Thumbnail by sallyg
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Happy Day to you Holly! Hope it is special in every way!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Have a great b-day!!!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Hope you have a great day - celebrate and enjoy!

Adamstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Haven't been on much lately -- but I did catch your birthday! Sounds like you will have a great time with family and that's the best way to celebrate!

Happy Birthday, Holly!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone it has turned out to be a great day. Calls or visits from all my children, a visit from my parents. Presents too. The very best thing was the card Ric gave me. It reads like a valentine, he is a big one for picking just the right card. Of course the earrings didn't hurt either. LOL

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Happy birthday, Holly ! Hope your year is full of beautiful flowers.

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Holly - I'm ashamed to be so late - haven't been on as regularly as usual lately, andI missed your special day. Still, I wanted to chime in with good wishes for a wonderful year to come. Sounds like you had a perfect birthday!

Barb

Thumbnail by DaylilyDiva219
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh Barb, Thanks so much those Pansies are just gorgeous

You're more than welcome, Holly! I figured if I had to be late, it had better be good. LOL! Photo was taken at Brookside Gardens in MD at Easter a few years ago. They're such a cheery sight (in the photo!) at this time of year, aren't they? Barb

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Diva, don't worry about being late. Those of us who were on time didn't even get a piece of Holly's gorgeous cake!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Stormy, I'm eating the last piece for breakfast this morning.

OOOOOH, CAKE??? Where were the pictures? Holly, hope it made for a delicious breakfast. ^_^ Barb

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Diva, It's in the middle of this thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060704/

Thanks stormy. I'm now ravenous from reading down through all the discussions of wonderful comfort foods to find the photo of the lovely Black Forest Cake!!! ^_^

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL you guys.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Diva, I got five degrees warmer just by looking at those pansies in the spring sun.

Holly, I tried not to slip in the drool as I went upstairs to bed last night. ^_^

Sally, thanks for the comment on the pansies. It's one of my favorite pictures from that April day. If you've never been, Brookside is definitely worth a visit - it's in Wheaton, just off the beltway in Montgomery County. DS & DDIL live nearby, so we'd gone to the Daffodil Society Show with them there, which happened to coincide with Easter Sunday, and the tulips and pansies were in full bloom.

I may have to go look at those pictures again to combat the chill this morning! It's all the way up to 28 right now... BRRRRR.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Diva, I have never been to Brookside but our Hobby Greenhouse Assoc is planing a trip there this summer.
Here is a pic of that last very yummy piece.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Go ahead, Birthday Girl, rub it in!

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

OOOOhhhhhh, can I lick the plate?

Holly, You might have to have Ric share his recipe for that cake, either here or on the Comfort Foods thread... DH is not really a chocolate person, but he does adore chocolate covered cherries, and that's what the cake looks like! Thanks for sharing, so to speak... LOL!!!!

Hope you can go on the Brookside trip. It's worth a visit. The butterfly exhibit should be open by then - think it begins in May, and runs into September.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I was amazed Holly left Josh take a piece home. Only because he did'nt have one while he was here. This cake is so sugar charged, with dark cocoa shavings, fudge cake, double fudge icing, and dark cherries filling, you could use it to treat insulin shock. I only make it for her birthday, cause it wears me out. Ric

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I haven't had a piece of Black Forest Cake in years. I also used to really like German Chocolate cake.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7b)

Happy birthday, Holly!! Hope it was fun and memorable.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ladies, I promise! When we host another swap, I'll make one for Ya'all to share! Just someone remind me a day or two ahead! LOL Ric

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Now that might just be the ticket to prompt me to head to PA! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.