Thumbnail by paczona
Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10b)

Dragons Breath

Thumbnail by paczona

T Sophistication

Thumbnail by paczona
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Lots and lots of super blooms Jon. Thanks for taking the time to post them all.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

now the forum is getting good again, really missed seeing so many gorgeous blooms together, forums really needs people like you Jon to keep them alive and joyful, thanks for comming back and posting your beauties.

Wilfred

Thanks Jon and Wilfred

Here is Fifth Dimension growing in my kitchen window

Thumbnail by paczona
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Jon, you have presented a feast for the eyes. Wow, where have you been hiding them? Can't pick a favorite as you have so many that are just stunning. Whatever you are doing is working big time. You really brightened a cold gray day. Thanks for sharing with us.

Judy

Thanks Judy..

I've been working really hard on my collection as it more than tripled over the summer.. I need to start taking more pics.... I've been working hard on trying to hibridize and hope to have a keeper seedling in the next year.
Here is a small floral I made around a month ago.

Thumbnail by paczona
Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Don't you wish the blooms would last forever, to bad most hib blooms only last a day or two, beautiful floral you made there Jon.

Wilfred

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Jon, that display of blooms is an awesome picture. You have every right to be very proud of them. Is the yellow one Nina? Wish you would give us their names. Written down the ones I think I know but not sure if I'm right or not. When I try to use plant files I end up lost in "wonder land" & forget what I'm searching for. Don't think I will ever get used to seeing all the beautiful different Hibs. That is what makes it so much fun....seeing all the new ones being made all the time. Have you gotten a seedling before? I'm just trying to get a viable seed pod. Want to learn to graft too. Rephrase that....I'm going to get seed & learn to graft. Thanks for sharing with us. More pictures would be nice. Hint to both Jons, Dee, Wilfred, Patrick....anyone at all.

Judy

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm am learning that there are lots of different colors in Hibs. I'm used to the plain red that grows wild in Calif. Most people out there trim them like box elder hedges. I'll have to take a second look at my planting guide and add more hibs to the garden.
Mary

Thanks Wilfred,

I like to think of Hibiscus in the same way the Japanese do about Cherry Blossom's and the transitory nature of life and it is very noble to not get too attached to a particular outcome or not become emotional because it will all pass in time. That might be a little deep but I do get a little bored of the non stop bloomers which furthers my addiction to buy more plants.

Thanks Judy

That is Nina in the photo. I still need to send a piece of wood out to Wilfred but have been using it to try and make some crosses. I have some seedlings growing out. I hope to have a lot more by spring as I was finally able to get some nice crosses to take over the last few months.

Carolina, PR(Zone 11)

Really hope you get something really wonderful from your hybridized seedling and with all those beauties you got your sure to get something alright.
You know I thought you had forgotten about the Nina cutting (wood) since your were so busy at the time I had asked, thought to my self well what the heck, can't really blame anyone for forgetting something when their so busy and have so much to do, and besides you wouldn't be the first person who has forgotten something they were going to send me. Buy the way Jon, could you send me a cutting of your "Blue Ballerina", "Solar Eclipse", And White Diamond" when you finally get a chase to send me the "Nina" Cutting (wood), really would love to get a Hib with some Blue in it to be able to cross pollinate it with mien, only have a "Blue Cajun" hib that doesn't produce pollen at all or seeds for that matter.
I have a "Neon Morning" and a "Manila" cutting all ready rooted that I could send to you if your interested, let me know Jon.

Jon, wanted to ask you, do you know anything about Robert, really miss him, hope nothing bad has happen to him, he did have some heath issues around the last time he posted on the forum, I send him a D-mail but haven't gotten a reply yet. maybe his PC is down or something like that.

Wilfred

" Manila "

Thumbnail by WQP

Wilfred,

I havent spoken to Robert. I tryed giving him a call the other day but there was no awnser. I think I remember that he started over 500 seedlings over the summer. Maybe he is just really busy.

I'll send you a d mail about the cuttings

Thats a great pic of Manilla. Nice bloom.....

Kerkdriel, Netherlands

Beautiful flowers. Love that Dragon breath and solar eclipse!

Sterling, VA(Zone 7a)

I love them all, but "Silver Memories" is awsome!! Snug

Thanks Leetuwjte and Snug

Here are a few from today with the cooler night temps the last week

T Orange Garnet

Thumbnail by paczona

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.