Coleus Chatters for December, 2009

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

We had snow this evening. This is the 2nd year in a row. I don't sing, and have no idea where the lyrics are, so I added music to the slide show.

http://www.uniquetreasures.phanfare.com/4470593#imageID=87922499

OK so the photo isn't a coleus. Shoot me! HAHAHA

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Fun photos! The snow looks like confectioner's sugar.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Whadda-ya- want?Its winter

It is but in Texas snow is not as common as it is elsewhere.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Yep

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Nice slide show.
Here is a card I just made

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Stockholm, Sweden

Janet & Ted,
gorgeous!!!! Made me jump right into a lovely Christmas mood,,,,
Alice

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks folks!

Sorry it took so long to respond. By the time we woke up this morning there was just some ice on the ground. We've never had snow to "stick" in Southeast Texas.

We traveled to San Antonio this afternoon. And even Houston was back to usual. We were worried about traveling, but traffic was excellent.

I love Christmas .... and try to make it last as long as I can.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Well you all will be the first (besides family) to meet my newest grandson Jacob and his sister Kaylee. Isn't he a doll baby!

I don't know any other details yet but will share those when I get them.

Love to all,
Janet

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Edited:
Well, as you can see, things got exciting around here and I lost my mind. I thought I was writing to Jen in an email! HAHAHA I guess I better get this to my kiddo.

Janet

This message was edited Dec 7, 2009 7:14 AM

Stockholm, Sweden

Janet!
MANY BIG Congratulations to you and your family! What a lovely new grandchild you have there.
Hugs from Alice and Janne

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

sweet

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes, we are extremely proud of this little sweetie. I cannot wait to see him myself.

I am also proud of my gal Jen. She did it!!!!

Janet

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Congratulations! What a sweetie!

Great news! Welcome to the world Jacob.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Janet. Now you have your new grandson, Jacob. Love it. My Luke is one month old now. I have a grandson Jacob. So does Sharron in KY on DG. Grandchildren are just so wonderful. To watch how they grow and how much smarter than we were. They are absolutely taller. My two DGG are 17 and 18. They hare 5'10 and wear a size 10 shoe. They are very slender. I always said I was not overweight, just need to be 4 inches taller. The 17 year old is a straight A student and I never see her. She has two more years of high school and want to be one of the Valedictorians. I sometime wish she would get a B so she could relax. She has set this goal and it is a back breaker because she is also taking advance classes. She is either studying or sleeping. A boy came up to her the other day at school and stated he had not seen her at any of the parties. She returned with, I do not go to parties. He then asked, then what do you do. Oh, I study. With a return, Oh you are one of those girls. Sorry, should never get a grandmother talking about their grandchildren...LOL Have a marvelous day. Photo is my daughter, her husband and their 5 children.

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Janet, that is Jacob in front on the left. He is the youngest. He is in First grade.

FANTASTIC photo!

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

skwinter that is one fantastic photo.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Janet, Congrats.. He is a beauty... How did jen enjoy the swimming pool birth?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

That photo was taken by a Pro during a photo shoot when were in Maui in August. Hannah, the college freshman is on the right. Sarah is next to her mom. Mom is on the outside. Mom is my first born. Thanks for the complement. Grandchildren are just a blast. We now have 11, and I think we are done.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Phaedra, I don't have any idea yet how it actually went. Still haven't spoken to her. We've done nothing but text back and forth and I'm a terrible texter. My fingers and the touch screen on my Blackberry fight over who'e bigger. HAHAHA Give me email anyday. We're going to try and see her on our way back to Beaumont tomorrow. My kid is a trooper for sure though, so I'm sure she did just fine.

Sharon, that is an incredible photo of your family. I love the way it was done. This is my 4th grandbaby and they just keep getting better looking. :-)

We've spent the whole day visiting with various family members at the funeral. After working on the family histories of all the branches of our family it was nice to finally get to meet some of them.

The Good Lord gives and he takes away.

Janet

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Weather is horrible so I made a coleus album
http://picasaweb.google.com/jgentle4/Containers2009

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

this one is bigger
http://picasaweb.google.com/jgentle4/DECKGARDEN2009

Newport News, VA(Zone 11)

Very nice. I like he progression from first planted to full grown. They filled out nicely. You have beautiful pots. Anything you put in those would look ok :-)

I especially love the seriyu jm. Please give info on it.....does it get very tall?

Were all those your jm's or at the nursery? It was a lovely walkway. I almost felt I was walking there in the sun.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

ge1836 nice photos and love all the pots.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Very pretty!

Karen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone
Seriu gets to 10 feetI think.
I loved the lizard bark against the orange leaves.

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Well folks, Connie and I have finally finished my copper dragon. He turned out awesome! I think he's the coolest thing we've done yet.

Here is a slide show on how we made him. http://uniquetreasures.phanfare.com/2148024#imageID=88343553

I hope you all enjoy the show.

Janet

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Janet that is fantastic.
Santa wants one for Christmas

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

HAHAHA Thanks Ted. That is my Christmas present from Connie. :-)

A bright spot for you

Thumbnail by
Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

That's beautiful Molamola! A veritble rainbow!

I'm an addict!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

Me too.

With the snow last week and then a freeze the next night, all of mine have bit the dust. :-(

There's always next year.

I think dreaming of what to plant in the spring is a great part of being a gardener. To spend hours thumbing through catalogues until we just about know them by heart. Rosy Dawn traps me occasionally!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

A standing applause for the Dragon.
I am so jealous for a studio like that and the talent to operate a blowtorch.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

ge, really enjoyed your albums. After getting 16" of snow on Wednesday, it did my heart good to see all the beautiful pictures! On my way to work this morning the actual temperature was 3 below zero! Waaaa - I miss summer!!

Janet, that dragon is fantabulous! I'm a dragon lover from way back. I have a pewter dragon collection, dragon tattoos, dragons in my gardens....but that is one of the coolest ones I have ever seen! Enjoyed watching the progress pictures too.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Your right up there in Wisconsin.My brother moved from there to NM 2 years ago.He couldnt take all the shoveling.

Stockholm, Sweden

Janet!
I LOVE this dragon - just my kind of artwork! Crazy and colorful and so brilliantly done...

And - I'm looking so much forward to see you and Connie's next sculpture!!! :D
Alice

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.