Boys in Edmonton

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Boys arrived in Edmonton and Canada Post got them here safe and sound.
I unwrapped them and they went straight to the window to check the weather.
What the heck there is snow here!!!

Thumbnail by annabell52
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

After a quick coffee............

Thumbnail by annabell52
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

The Boys sat in a Hoya that Ann has had since Woodwards $1.49 day, in about 1975 when it had 3 leaves, and admired the old lamp that had been redone by DH's Mom. She patiently sat and restrung all the beads with dental floss!

Thumbnail by annabell52
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Ok Now they are brave enough to go out for a short bit.
They decided to climb into the Mugo Pine in the front yard to see how far they could see.
Ok it's too cold today we will try again tomorrow.

Thumbnail by annabell52
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

WAHOO .. so happy the trio made it unscathed .. but SNOW !!!! Oh my ...

Enjoy your guests ^_^

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Good old Tim Hortons..at least they won't have upset tummies for changing coffee brand..lol..

Looks as though they've made themselves at home...

Oh Ann, I don't like the view out your window. Brr...guess we may as well get ready for it. Looking forward to some more pics of the crew.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Well the Boys and I did some regular drives today and here they are waiting for Nicole to get out of school. I couldn't keep them off of the dash!

Thumbnail by annabell52
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

They did want to spend some time with Cleo and were lucky she had done her stuffy chewing for the day!

Thumbnail by annabell52
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

After a rest the Boys decided to help Nicole with her Cheer practice and only Dave stayed through the Scorpion before deciding this was too crazy for him too.

Thumbnail by annabell52
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Here we go for a quick tour of Edmonton, which is tough in the late fall/winter.
Here the boys are looking at the river valley. The High Level Bridge is the iron one to the left with the dome of the Legislature in the distance. Just below is the old O'Keef Brewery roof and it is now a City of Edmonton piece of property.

Thumbnail by annabell52
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Off to Curves and the boys stayed one machine ahead of me this time.

Thumbnail by annabell52
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Over to run errands for our Engine shop and in one second the Boys are off and running all over .

Thumbnail by annabell52
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

After rescuing the boys I set them down for one minute and "snap" Dave is gone.
I hunted high and low for him and only when I heard a lathe running did I see Dave!!
He was taking a ride on the Lathe, yikes!!
Ok -----I need to send these 3 on their way.
Nevrest Look out here they come!
Ann

Thumbnail by annabell52

OH MY .. a DIZZY GNOME :-) at least you found him ..

Love the pics .. one favour, ask your daughter to do that pose in 20 years LoL

Hope the trio travels well and safely to Sask.

~M~

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Marilynne what a good idea! LOL
My hubby wanted to know why I didn't put that the engine the boys are on is a Nitrous 528 inch
that will make about 1100 horse power. That is for those of you who are into engines, Ha Ha Ha.
With gardening being light for a bit he likes to take over.
I have D mailed Dorothy and changed the list to reflect the new detour.
Ann

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

I enjoyed the tour of Edmonton, Ann. Snow and all! ^_^ Your daughter and your doggie are lovely. (In that order :)

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

o my....... I almost missed this thread!
I'm glad they enjoyed Edmonton! Guess where I'm going to be, on the 4th? you guessed it - Edmonton! my DH's company has a Christmas party there, and we're invited to stay overnight at the Windgate by Wyndham (Edm west). We may stay an extra night - it would be luverly! We'd like to see West Edmonton Mall!
Say, Ann - what part of Edm are you in?

so, where is Nevrest? Not in Edmonton, I take it......

Well, I get the boys after her, so I'm looking forward to it!

~Susan~

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

We need a link back to Thunder Bay - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fr.php

Glad to see the lads arrived in Edmonton, but I was travelling and didn't know they had arrived. Will catch up with them later.

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

I am so glad to see the kids are happy and on a great trip across out fair country

mona

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Ann, Thank you for linking haven't figured that out yet but I guess I should learn.
DonM, Thanks for liking my daughter first!
I put the boys in the post last night so I have d mailed the tracking number to Nevrest.
Susan, I'm on the Southside, what days are you staying the 5 and 6th?
Let me know and I will check to see what is happening maybe we can get together for coffee.
Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Update, Ann - we're arriving on the 4th for the company party, and will go home the next day. I think the checkout is 11am, and we want to go to WEM then I want to go to the Devonian Gardens.
I expect you know WEM better, and can tell us where it's best to go? My DH says we could get some mementos from WEM, and I'd like to get some from Devonian ^_^

Let me know your schedule on the 5th, and we can work from it, k?

♫♪~Susan~♪♫

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Hey Ann, in http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7307012 above - that's Jerome Jr. Dave has gone AWOL in Mississauga.

Where are they off to next? Sure looks like they've had a good time with you.

Ann (in Ottawa)

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Ann
I received a note from Nevrest who was able to take them in Saskachewan next then on to Susan and the Calgary girls.
Sorry about the name ooops.
Ann

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Oh good. I was hoping that Nevrest would decide to take them.

this is great cant wait to see the pics from the next stop

They should have arrived there by now.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Just got a note from Nevrest who says they did arrive and that they came with 10 inches of S----!
I'm sure she will start a new post for the Sask tour.
Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Yaaaaaaaay - looking for a new Thread, from Sask! ^_^

♫♪~Susan~♪♫

well the kids have never seen snow so they will like it I am sure

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Where are Nvrest's pictures? I would suppose I'd be getting the boys soon?

~Susan~

It's been a week since they left Edmonton .. and they have arrived in Sask according to Ann's post on Dec.2 .. soooo .. I think it'll just be a bit and we'll see the crew in their new surroundings .. and .. complete with SNO* ^_^

Oh good, I'm glad they arrived safely. Looking for ward to seeing some pics at your place, Dorothy. Please get that camera clickin.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

I know that Dorothy had 10 inches of snow the day the boys arrived so maybe it was hard for her to get to town right away. I know she was excited about getting the boys so something will pop up soon.
Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Is she having computer probs? I never see her online here.

btw - we're supposed to get quite the winter storm, eh Ann? Between Calgary and Edmonton.......... and that's Exactly the route we're taking tomorrow, when we go to Edm to my DH's company Christmas Party..........
Hearing a bit of doom & gloom here as to whether we should go or not..... Apparently there's going to be quite a wind storm, blowing snow, and lots of snow.
Well, I don't want to "borrow trouble", so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Susan
Weather is baaaaaad. Don't come. It is supposed to start to blow and that will be worse.
Ann

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

It is blowing pretty badly - I'm almost feeling like curling up with hot chocolate, warm blankie, and a good Christmas movie.....
However, it's Bob's call - he'll be driving his 4-wheel truck and someone's given him a 500 lb block of metal to put in the back, for traction.
I'm concerned about the visibility and Other Drivers!! The visibility in the city is terrible, let alone in the rural areas.............

Susan

Hmmmmmm .. still no Gnomes .. maybe they FROZE !!!!

Susan .. I wish you all the best with your decision, but, personally ... a cuppa, a coverlet and a movie sound WAY safer than driving in white out conditions .. knowing me I'd be driving with HEELS on, .. no boots .. LoL .. that has STUCK written all over it .

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm back from Edmonton - no boys there, LOL
Got there safely, and home safely too.
Saw about 40 cars in the ditch, Plus 4 18-wheelers that were jack-knifed......
Good thing Bob had that 1000 lb metal block in his truck bed, and the diesel engine is heavier than most engines.
We were so stable it was great!

Keep checkin for the 'Crew in Sask' ... thinkin they did FREEZE up !!!

Happy Susan & Bob were OK !

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.