Congratualations Photo Contest Winners!!!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Our MA members Onewish & Va_Wild_Rose have won for their marvelous photos in this year's contest! Are we surprised?????? NOT!! Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures with us.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thank you and congrats Va_Wild_Rose!!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

And back at ya onewish1! :o) And thank you too!

The quality is always so good in the contest, and judging is much harder than entering! *LOL*

There were many deserving winners and my congrats goes out to all of them!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I see you have quite a few up there... good for you!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Yes, big CONGRATULATIONS are in order! I saw a lot of familiar names among the winners and the 2nd & 3rd place etc., also. The photos this year were really amazing!

I missed this year, but that means I'm already starting to gather some photos together for next year, LOL.

The calendar is going to be lovely!!

Onewish, where would you like your blue jay to appear? I put him in for "December" but could shuffle my votes around... :-)

Be sure to go here and help organize the photos into the calendar! We want to make sure our favorite images make the cut (17 spots for photos on the calender, and 24 categories).

Go here to vote for which photo/which month: http://davesgarden.com/contest/2009/calendar.php

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I picked Feb.. figured that's when I get pounded with snow usually... but thank you Critter!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hmm, OK, I'll switch around. I had Todd's orchid in Feb (thinking Valentine's Day), but the orchid is festive enough for the holidays also!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

It's tricky trying to pick the "best" photos for each month! Some seemed obvious to me, like KatG's wind-blown pups in the windy month of March... but I'm sure other people had a totally different idea for March!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes it was hard to figure out all the months

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Congrats Onewish1 and VA_Wild_Rose!! Beautiful shots!!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

VA_Wild_Rose, I'm miffed that your photo of the girls on the beach didn't win!! Maybe you should have entered it under the "wildlife" category. LOL

LOL... While that is one of my own personal favorites from this summer, I simply cannot complain about the outcome. My photography has improved since joining DG and I have consistently moved up in the ranks of each DG photo contest since 2007, when I first entered it. When you enter a typical photo contest, your work is judged by a select few or maybe even one judge. Here at DG, the contest is judged by my peers, the membership. It has always been my own personal rule to NEVER vote for my own work... I don't even look at it when judging. Then, when and if I win or place, it is because the membership truly appreciated and maybe even liked my work... and THAT makes me feel good!

Onewish1, I voted for your blue jay too... it was a perfect winter photograph and moment!

I would like to share one thing... I was surprised that "The Green Man" did so well... only because the photo submitted was basically unedited... as Dave prefers for this contest. But he looks ssoooo much better with some dress-up in PhotoShop!

Thanks again for the compliments!

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Some of the ones that won were in my top 5, but not my first choice. I voted for the Blue Jay too. I didn't vote for the green man or the planter people at the table, because similar ones won last year. I loved the sheep sun photo, and the kid with the dogs.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

it is funny how some categories I was with everyone... and some I was way off

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I keep going back to look at the photos again and again.. amazing how many great shots are in there... thanks for all your comments... btw it took me a lot to get that shot.. keep 2 yorkies quiet when I cracked the patio door open and hopefully he didn't fly away... and stop breathing till I took the shot.. once in a while a snow day pays off I guess

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Congrats both of you--well deserved!

Hey, anybody want to show me where to see all the winners? I didn't see Va WildRose on that 'pick for each month' thing.

This message was edited Nov 17, 2009 11:25 PM

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Sally, To see the winners, go to the DG home page and there's a box on the far right top to click to see the winners. Critter posted the link above to arrange the winners by month.

Yeahm duh I just glanced that link as I clicked over to here--Thanks stormyla

well geez, can somenone tell me what category to look at for VWR's pic?there are so many, and five in each?

This message was edited Nov 17, 2009 11:41 PM

I didn't win in any category Sally... I simply placed in a couple. Onewish1 won first place in the Fall/Winter category with her blue jay.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

WVR, You're a big winner in my book!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

mine too!

Wow guys! That wasn't necessary... but THANKS! :o)
That really made my day!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Congrats, all. Some of those were tough categories to choose.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Choosing the calendar was tough too, there weren't enough winter pictures to choose from.

Jen, I agree on that.
And I felt sure VWR was a winner, seeing the great pix from Assateague ^_^

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I congratulated myself on my taste when I discovered the photos I'd voted on for first place were from onewish & Rose!

Winter pictures... I liked the cool serenity of that sunrise photo with the bird on the lake for January, and I thought Todd's orchid picture was festive for Christmas/December or for V-Day/Feb. So that worked... although my favorite macro shot was still the one of frost on a window, looking like ferns. :-)

I did pick one sunrise picture for winter. Good thought on Todd's for the color, I didn't think of it that way.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I just like seeing something bright in the middle of winter! LOL, I think last year I put a vibrant hibiscus as my choice for Feb, and my excuse was Mardi Gras!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That frost on the window shot was awesome.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes it was Jen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I wish they could do custom made calendars.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

when I didn't win in the past... I made a custom calender for me, Michele, and Mom.. with photos I took... garden, birds & pups!

my Mom pouted last year when I didn't give her one.. so I had more made up for her.. guess it will be an every year thing now

here is my yorkie one I did.. and right before the passing of my two's mom.. Michele was so great full for the photos
http://www.zazzle.com/100_5963_i_love_yorkies_calendar-158472799753152884

and here was last years
http://www.zazzle.com/2009_calendar-158131942843889339?gl=onewish1

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Girl, You are just too talented!!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, very cool.. and I see you did some nifty custom stamps, also!

super calendar, onewish

Geez, I just went and scrolled some of the entries- never got around to it earlier. Boy It would take forever to go thru all that!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks..I was playing around with different things... might make up more note cards

it did take a long time to go through all that Sally!!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

It took several days to view them all.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Allison, June and August in the yorkie one are great!

The shots in the other calendar are wonderful!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks Jen.. the beer shot ... Jily was just a puppy.. Randy's step dad was washing his car and put his beer down.. thank god it wasn't open yet.. Jily went and did that pose and I got lucky with that shot.. I blew that one up and it's in my living room.. I even sent it to the beer company... no luck though

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.