Buddas hands

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Weeding, where did you get your Buddha?,
I sure would like to try one.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Got mine from local K-Mart.

Dog-gone, guess I'll have to look at k-mart. We got one in Macon.
I haven't seen any at Lowes , Home Depot or Wal-marts and I want to go to Pike Nursery/
Thank you, Tropicman!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Welcome,it was the only place here in Wichita,ks that had any.

Durn, I don't want to go to Kansas to get one.
Been a VERRRYYYYY long time since I have been to Kansas.
My Aunt used to live there in 1966. Been that long , at least.
all I got then was an alligator Or Crocodile-meanest critter I ever had.

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

I bought my buddha at Pike's nursey.

I got to get to Pikes. Thanks, weeding.
I have a little Orange tree and it is the thorniest little creature, but I got two
little oranges from it and they were like little rocks. But pretty.

I have found that they get hard if they stay too dry. I have gotten oranges, lemons, pummelo and grapefruits from my potted citrus. I found that in the beginning, when I was afraid to water them, the fruit was awful. Also, Pikes has a tendency to let plants get a little dry. I should say the Pikes near me let their plants get a little dry.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I thought I tend to over water too much,and the humidity is about 70% in my greenhouse,so in my case,I don't think dry is the problem,but time will tell I hope!

Mulberry, FL

I bought mine at lowes lots of good info here but mine is flowering now will proably drop the flowers or young fruit as I have it covered up its planted in the ground. The young fruit looked like a hand ina fist with the fingers

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Don, I have to get over there and see your Buddah Hands,, I don't think I got to see them when I was over before?
Hope you and yours are staying warm!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

14* outside and 52* in the greenhouse,and where expected to go to 5* with wind chills way below zero,really blowing out there now,so I know the wind chills are below zero now!
Come on over!

when it gets back up to the 30s' I will be coming over.. I am doing good to get to work I am so frozen.. I am worried about our plant babies.. the green house is warm enough at 52?
heres the basement garden ...well one part of it anyways..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Everything looks real good down there!!!
Yep its good even if gets down to 40* and things would be ok,it is the greenhouse in front of the garage,rest of them are still in the 60 to 70* range!
I just finished adding a 4x12 lean to on the big greenhouse, west side.for a bunch of palm seedlings,only been done a few days and it's almost full up already!
And I have about thousand more seeds planted and just about ready to pop!!!
Don't know where I'll put all them!!!!!LOL

oh my.... well I have brugs everywhere.. I counted 56 the other night.. I have no clue how I am going to lay out the garden this spring, except I know I am making all the beds back there another foot and a half wider. I am also going to set the pond form up on the patio and build around it .. thats my plan, and I am sticking to it..
my redstar hibiscus bloomed... I planted a seed from Lazlo and it is going crazy, hogging up the lights ..
your ficus trees and bananas are still happy. white knight from last winter didn't bloom in the summer cuz he got ate up by grass hoppers,, he acts like he might wanna bloom in a few weeks now..

here r the three cups of passi vines you sent home with me.. they are up in the pink bedroom south window.. eating up the curtains, you can't see them all the way, but they are all over the window and competeing with the baby wood rose I grew from seed..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well lets hope they don;t push the window out!!!LOL

Logee's has Buddha's Hand, but they are small.

Dandridge, TN(Zone 6a)

Congratulations, I think both my Buddha's hand and Etrog bit the dust this winter. This is about my 3rd or 4th BH, I just can't keep them going! grrr
Maybe I need to buy bigger ones, like from here:

http://www.fourwindsgrowers.com/variety_list.html#citron

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I wish my fingers would unfurl on mine!!!!

I kinda hope they wait a bit.. so i can see them..

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Been that way since July!!!!LOL

Lexington, KY(Zone 6b)

Hello everyone. Have a question. I have a kaffir lime tree, its about 5ft tall and i've had it for about 3yrs. While I get many blooms the fruit only gets to a certain size then it falls off. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong please advise. Thanks.

Is it in a pot? Maybe it needs a larger pot.

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to check in and see if everyone still had their Buddha's Hands. I just ordered one from Logee's, and I can't wait for it to get here!! I know Logee's is notorious for selling small plants, but I did very well with my baby Ponderosa lemon I got from them last summer. It came as 1-10" sprig in a 4" pot last spring, and is now about 2.5 feet tall and has an actual "trunk" now, with 3 more branches. I also was able to get it to flower this winter, and it has 2 tiny fruits. It is my proudest gardening accomplishment to date. I'm hoping I can have success with this guy too. I have been eyeing this one for my citrus collection for a long time, since I love weird and off-the-wall things. I finally ordered one at a very cheap price thanks to the May web special and a coupon I had for taking an online survey.

Anyway, I would love to hear from you guys on how your plants are doing. I'm curious if you have to do anything different with the Buddha's Hands versus your other citrus plants.

I'm so happy it is finally turning to spring here. I didn't think it would ever get here!! Happy Gardening!!

Marin, CA(Zone 9b)

I get my citrus from Four Winds Growers, and yes, my tree us still thriving!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Mine is coming back after a little root rot,slow going and not sure it will even be a buddas anymore.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.