Kiwi monster

Charlotte, VT

I have male and female kiwi vines that have been growing out of control. Is there some kind of tool that I could used to trim or hack back the vines to a reasonable height. Because of shoulder problems I would probably be better off with something something electric and chargeable. I really don't want another gas motor to maintain. Any ideas?

Calgary, Canada

A pole pruner might work. The one I have has a rope that you pull to make the cutter work. They also come as electric pole saws.

Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5b)

I have shoulder problems too, and this makes any pole tool difficult and painful to use.

Charlotte, VT

Makita makes a small cordless chainsaw. Has anyone used it? Does anyone think it would work on tough, thick kiwi vines? If not is there something cordless to make the job easier for me? I just thought that the chainsaw could be used for multiple purposes.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Cordless saws-all would work.

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

I would love to see a picture so I could choose the best tool.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

http://www.ryobitools.com/OnePlus12v/hybrid_saw.html

I bought the old style ryobi 4 piece set and it has worked out well for me. I bought a longer blade for the reciepating saw and it's light eoungh to handle one handed. I used it to cut of branches that were bigger than the blade, not saying it went through it fast but you can cut fairly large piece of wood or whatever. There are different makers of the cordless tools but ryobi is the lower end and works fine.

Here's the one I actually have. http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Power-Tools-Saws/Ryobi/h_d1/N-as2tZ1awZ1xr5/R-100041044/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

HA!
I actually wanted a pic of the vines. I was going to recommend a Sawzall as well but they dont do as well with small vines that end up moving with the blade. I really think they are one of the best tools to have next to the hammer and drill.

Charlotte, VT

Thanks for the suggestions. I just had my birthday and ordered a rebuilt Makita cordless chainsaw. Not every woman would want a chainsaw for a birthday, but then I'm not like every woman. I hope it does what I want.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.