Phils vs Yanks - game 6

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I've been a Phillies fan since the 3rd grade even though growing up I lived closer to NY.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

How can you not love Cliff Lee. Rock solid pitcher. That first game was an amazing match up.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Lee is awesome.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Uh oh - trouble!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

This commercial makes me want schnitzel.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

It's abooooooouuuuuut time!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

I've been a Brewer fan since 1982. I have fond, fond memories of the Yount, Molitor and Cooper days. Haven't followed a World Series for years, it's been kind of fun;)

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL!!!!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Show us what you've got Phillies! Go Chase!

Oh yeah!!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Chase must have been nervous. Lol.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

DaMasso Marte!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Yuk Yuk Yuk

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

UGH

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

No, Marte is that good.

It's Mo time now!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Magnolia,
I really liked that Brewers team. Boy, could they hit.

Me too. Great players. Left out Fielder

Ha! Matsui get a triple?!! Are they kidding? The outfielder would have to drop dead!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I'm glad they're walking Posada.He's having a tough night

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Yay!!

Tough series. He and a few others too.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

I wonder how much it would hurt his carreer. He had a great season.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

When they restructured the teams years back and we landed in the National League, I admit, it was harder for me to get into it. You could say I am slowly adjusting. Yount was always my favorite as he was great and highly respected both on and off the field. I was little excited when Yount came back a few times to help coach and last year a small post-season run (yes, against the Phillies) with Yost and Yount at the coaching head. It was kind of a cool blast from the past.

I never said I always root for the winners (I am a Brewer fan, you know), but I do root for the good guys. Lol.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

It kills me how much the announcers make of a player's batting average over 5 or 6 games though. I'm sure you would find the same ups & downs over any 5 game period in the regular season. But the spotlight of the World Series is brutal.

Just ask Bill Buckner.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

You got a DH like Mat, having game like he is tonight and you may not keep him? One of the announcers said something about the Yanks having to pick 1 out of the two old guys. After all, it is business, isn't it?

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

The announcers bug me because they are always boasting about the one who is ahead, once the tide turns, they switch teams.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

GRRRRRRR

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Magnolialover, We Philadelphia Phans have a long history of being Phanatics for losing teams!!!! We love them through ups and downs.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

These announcers in particular. I never liked them. They get more interested in their theories than the game.
Yanks have not made a decision on Matsui. He is well loved in NY. But he can't field anymore

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh and Magnolia, It's not often that anyone refers to us as the good guys! LOL

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Congrats Yanks!!! See ya same time next year!!!!

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

Time for a beer. Everybody grab one & thanks for joining us tonight!!!

Nice being here. Thanks!

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

I'll celebrate with some B&B (for my cough). Don't really need an excuse. This was fun. Good night.

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL, You're intitled, Terry!

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

It was fun sharing the game with you guys. Got too tired at the end there. Oh yes...and as a Brewer fan, I know all about rooting for losing teams, but loving it all the while. Lol.

Cheers!

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Oh well..............you would not have enjoyed my morbid opinions anyway. I missed this fun. I loved the moment when a pitcher threw the first pitch in the game and then requested a new ball. Think his steroids had him confused.

Hoop de do.................out goes baseball. Here comes the wrestling and basketball. Who cares about the low level professional olympics in whose e whatsies city?

Norristown, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL, we missed you Doc. Hope you got to see it all as it was the first game that ended BEFORE midnight. Not that the last hour of it was any fun to watch. I think that I'll see a drop in my blood pressure after a month of post season drama!! Roses was right, it was a lot of nights of nail biting anxiety!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Great job by the Phillies for the past 2 years!

sincerely,
A Yankee fan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.