What happens when the Great Pumpkin uses Google Translate

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Original message:

Dear Kind Mr.Pumpkin,
I would so love to meet you. What say we have us a little tea party in Canmore?
I'll bring chocolate and scones and clotted cream.
Would you kindly bring me a new pair of waterwings? I need them to get to the greenhouse in winter. Skis don't work. And I could use a few plant-hanging hooks and some of those pretty solar lights for the walkway.
Your devoted Dahlianut

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Translated into Finnish, then Arabic, and back to English:

Dear type Mr.Pumpkin,
I want to meet you. What to say that our little tea party [Kenmore]?
I brought chocolate cakes and clotted cream.
I hope that you bring me a new pair of water wings? I need it to gain access to emissions of greenhouse gases in the winter. Skates do not work. And I can not use some of the plants, hanging hooks, and some of the light of the sun is a beautiful picnic.
I devoted Dahlianut

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Translated into Thai and back to English:

Mr.Pumpkin study handedness,.
I would love to see you then. Tell us what we have a little tea party in Canmore?
I will bring chocolate and cream, scones and clotted.
Will you please bring me a new pair of waterwings? I would like to greenhouse in winter. Skiing does not work. And I can use some plants - hanging hooks and some of those beautiful sun light for the walk.
Dahlianut your dedication.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Translated into Thai, then Japanese, then back to English:

Research Mr.Pumpkin handedness.
Love to see you then. Please let us know we have a small tea party Canmore what?
I have chocolate and ice cream, scones and cakes bring.
What waterwings you please bring me a new pair? I greenhouse looks like winter. Skiing does not work. And I have some plants - these beautiful light of day for a walk several hooks that can be used to hang.
Dahlianut your dedication.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Very entertaining. I wonder what "handedness" corresponds to in Thai. Its an unusual transliteration.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I like the part about needing waterwings to access greenhouse gas emissions. I note that everyone understands the tres importance of waterwings.

Reno, NV

Roflol! I so shouldn't have been drinking coffee while reading this. Gods I love translation programs!

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Hysterical!

Santa Fe, NM

Oh, too funny!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

"the light of the sun is a beautiful picnic" - very poetic :o)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

The light of the sun is a beautiful picnic.

I will bring chocolate and cream, scones and cakes bring.

Greenhouse looks like winter. Skiing does not work.

I hope that you bring me a new pair of water wings?

and some of those beautiful sun light

for the walk.

Anyone interested in going to Long's Gardens in Boulder to dig your own iris next spring?
http://www.longsgardens.com/dig-it-yourself.htm

I think it would make a fun day trip for a group of us. We could take a picnic lunch to eat in the nearby park!
Maybe coordinate it so we go the day before the DBG plant sale?

Thoughts?

Thumbnail by
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I think it would be fun, too. A couple of us -- not me-- have done that -- art_n_garden and mtnmama. Both very much enjoyed it. We were hoping to do it last spring after the DBG sale, but it a) was a bit too early for most iris. 2) was to far away from DBG to do in one day. But I say yes, going to Long's would be great fun and is something I would enjoy if we could work it out. Even higher on my list would be a trip to Iris4U right in Denver, an iris grower and hybridizer well known in iris circles. See catalog at:
http://www.iris4u.com/catalog/catalog_a1.html

But you don't get to dig your own there. After the DBG sale last spring Penny and kTalia and I went to Lowell Baumunk's Iris Colorado in Littleton. See:

http://www.iriscolorado.com/

That was a good place to visit so early in the iris season. Baumunk grows the dwarf, miniature and arilbred iris that bloom early, so we saw lots of small iris that one doesn't normally see on iris trips. We later ordered and received some. I don't know if they will bloom this year or not, but mine are planted.

I am always up for an iris visit -- but let's do it later than the DBG sale so we can see the tall bearded in bloom.

iris4u is just a few miles directly south of my house (very close). I plan to go there too. I just kind of like the idea of the dig-your-own thing which Long's does in May and June (all varieties are labeled with name and picture of what they are). Later in the season is fine too. I just figured that people would already be getting together the weekend of the DBG sale.

I wanted to do the trip to Baumunk's garden, but I had already volunteered to cashier the plant sale and just couldn't make it happen.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I remember that. That was your first time to meet up with the Rocky Mt. Forum in person. Baumunk's garden was very interesting because he and his wife also do a lot with alpine plants, cacti and succulents. They were not just interesting as plants, but also the landscaping was very nice. It isn't a huge place, maybe just an acre but I got some nice photos -- most of stuff I had never seen before.
Heck, I am up for any of the above. I don't think I will be buying anymore iris for a long time though. I still have lots more to plant! But I would love to see both Iris4U and Longs. Especially in bloom.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Paj said: "I don't think I will be buying anymore iris for a long time though" and I won't be buying any dahlias for a long time either ROFLOL

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Don't fool yourself pajarito. If you go you will go home with more Iris! ;)

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Cross posted, but a similar thought.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, you guys know me too well! I have to confess to laughing me head off when you all pointed out my addiction to me.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

An iris addiction! You choose your friends well, PJ.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, I think so as well. They keep me real.

Santa Fe, NM

An iris addiction seems quite beneficial to me!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Botanus addictions are the best ploy the planet has come up with to bedazzle us stupid peoples. ps I'm rooting for the planet

This message was edited Nov 9, 2009 6:45 PM

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Me, too! Addictions to plants are where it's at!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.