Storing pots, & other GH stuff

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone. I have everything moved into the GH for the winter, but it is very unorganized and I'm not happy. How do you store things so they are out of the way and fairly neat? I'm talking about trays for starting plants, small pots, medium pots, the hose, watering cans, etc. We used to have a shed but the GH took its place. The basement is part of our living space and the garage has just enough room for the cars. We have shelves up around the ceiling in there but they have my DH's stuff on them, tools and such.
Any suggestions?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I start up my greenhouse March 1st, which is still winter here so I do not store anything in there except seeding trays. All my pots/containers are emptied into the flowerbeds and I line them up out of sight along the far side of the house stacked upside down.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Thanks Joanna, I hadn't thought about stacking them outside. Do you wash them now or in the spring before you use them?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I wash them in the spring. Forgot, all the fertilizer and stuff that can't freeze goes into the heated garage or house.

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

A couple of those extra large Rubbermade bins with a tight fitting lid works well for my supplies. They hold up to the weather pretty well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.