My 1st Rockgarden

Oakley, CA(Zone 8b)

Hi,

I just love succulents, so I decided to make a rock garden in an area of my yard that is a little harder to grow plants. I thought with shallow rooted succulents with a mix of some perennials, my garden should survive. I used Red Lava Rock Boulders and gold flake decomposed granite as my mulch. I hope using the decomposed granite as mulch, my garden will survive. I guess time will only tell if it survives.

Thumbnail by shelbsyd
Oakley, CA(Zone 8b)

Here's some more pics.

Thumbnail by shelbsyd
Oakley, CA(Zone 8b)

More views

Thumbnail by shelbsyd
Oakley, CA(Zone 8b)

More pics

Thumbnail by shelbsyd
North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Looks good. I think it's always nice to have an area in your garden devoted to plants you particularly like. Good luck with it!

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Sure wish my gardens looked that tidy. Bravo!

St. John's, NL(Zone 5b)

Well done.....mine was similar to that 20 years ago! Now I can't see rocks for plants...I need an overhaul!

somewhere, PA

Very nice. Who's the inspector with the big ears?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

your dog matches the color of the stone was that intentional?

i live here in the northeast and love rocks in the garden - nice job!!

Calgary, Canada

Your rock garden is an inspiration to those of us who are just beginning a rock garden.
Thanks for sharing with us.

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Excellent! Just shows that if you give your favourite plants the conditions they like they certainly reward you well.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Perfect timing, I've been looking for inspiration for a rock garden at our church out away from the water source. Yours is just lovely, thank for sharing.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Is that a small snake in that flowerbed? Sure looks like it. Maybe that's what your dog is looking at.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.