You know winter is coming and probably already here when ...

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

When I got up this morning it was 39 outside .. hopefully this is the last of the frosty scares for a few weeks.

X

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Viente Cohol is new and hard to come by, I was on a waiting list at Going Bananas for about 8 months. I know Ned has a large one and maybe he will have some pups next year.

It was 52 here this morning, trouble was it felt about the same in the house. I hate having to turn the heat on so early in the year.

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

Only 37F last night, so I guess a lot of the work/panic was for nothing. Oh well, at least they are in for the winter... that's done for another season.

Core, no bananas yet from the IC's, but I am hoping for some next year after I see how they overwinter outdoors. Last year I dug them up, but this year I'm leaving them out. The only banana (with edible fruit) I've had produce to date is the Dwarf Cavendish, but I've been told it takes 6+ months for the fruit to ripen. Given I'm only on month 2, maybe 3, I have no idea what to do with it. It's almost too big to bring in (weight wise) and I don't want to cut the fruit off yet. I may try the Freezepruf on it as well, and to protect it as best I can. I honestly expect to loose all of my Dwarf Cavendish this year - I'm not digging any of them up, just too much trouble with their weight and size. Might split off a pup or two though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.