is bluestone closed for the season?

Chadds Ford, PA(Zone 6b)

I put in an order last week for some of Ron's plants. Wanted to give him a try to know for next year. He shipped right away and I received the package today. Some pots were crushed, but the plants (tiny) look ok. I will plant them right away and we will see next spring if they come up!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

villiers but aren't the roots rather large? that's what always surprises me. the plants are starter plants but most of the time the roots are busting out of my pots. i have more time than you for letting them settle in this fall. i prob. wouldn't have ordered his plants if i lived where you did. are you having freezing temps yet? looks like it's gonna come early this year. i got 12 plants for around 40.00 including shipping. small, yes. but for 40.00 i am real happy.

Chadds Ford, PA(Zone 6b)

No no freezing temps yet. And the ground usually does not freeze until late december, so I should be fine. Actually the roots were not particularly large, but we will have to wait till next year to see. They are already in their new home and watered! He responded right away when I expressed my concern about a crushed pot. I like him already!

Fate, TX(Zone 8a)

i haven't repotted the ones i just got so don't know yet on those. but the ones i got last month were good sized.
this is the first year i have ever gotten plants from them that the green stuff didn't look as good as in the past. they are prob. getting a lot of rain like us. not a lot of sunshine these days.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.