Please help redesign my destroyed back yard

Cleburne, TX(Zone 8a)

Seeing the situations of others who have been through floods and fire and successfully rebuilt their gardens gives me a lot of encouragement. Really need input. But I’m still very self-conscious posting the photos I have to post to show the area I need help with because it looks so awful.

Won’t post the long story here. It is the first entry in my blog at http://davesgarden.com/tools/blog/index.php?tabid=12666 for those who want to know the background.

Short story is: Had to excavate and re-level around entire perimeter of house, dig drainage swales in lawn, etc. Been going through this nightmare for about 5 years but now have water under control. Have replanted on 3 sides of the house.

This is front of house (facing east) where replanting has been done. Still have lots of adjustments to make in plantings but at least it no longer has the look of a "bombing range."

This message was edited Oct 13, 2009 4:26 PM

Thumbnail by Dogs_N_Petunias
This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!