Snapdragons - henny colour ya want.. 2010 starts!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Well that just figures.. winter is on the morro as if the old bones and I dint no.

Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

There is also "Primadonna White", but it's a little more difficult to find. Blossom, I've tried both "Primadonna White" and "White Swan". Both are lovely, but Primadonna White tends to have more blooms, for me, over a longer period of time. It also opens with this awesome green colored cone that then changes to a golden/yellow. Here's a photo I took of Primadonna White blooming on June 10, 2009. I started the seed in autumn 2008.

Yes, Burpee has tons of zinnias. Just taking a quick glance most of mine have come from them. Quite a few have come from Johnny's Selected Seeds and Renees Garden also.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

*orning all,
as you can see...that letters not working again.

BB,all *y seeds are kept refrigerated so theyll be good to go as soon as you want to scatter the*

a*ore,Ive tried growing so*e of the hybrid echies fro* seeds and all I got was *urky pinks.

I found a coffee canfull of *OLD* seeds...like 04-05 in the frig,in the veggie bin. *ostly zinnas and *arigolds so I took the* out and scattered the* in beds. If the grow...good on the*...if not ...eh...no big lose

Oops. Here's that photo of Echinacea "Primadonna White" blooming June 2009

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Luv the green cones. Id love to get Green Envy,Hot Papaya and one other whos na*e escapes *e at the *o*ent.

ARGH! this keyboard driving *e nuts. I think a new mouse is called for too.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Spilt yer hot chocolate did ya drooling donna on Jons post! Besidddeds that you dont have far to go old girl! LOL!

If ya get a new mouse.. get one of those laser rats.. they are better than the roller deals.. no harry balls. no need for a mouse pad.. just a piece of paper if yer desk is slippery! As for the keyburd.. I sure wish they would make those plastic letter covers.. I have not been able to find them forever.. the dust gets in it even if you dont snack and spit!

Shall we link to a new thread.. this one gettign long? I will start it jes LMK!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Yes, it's hard to keep up with the names of all the new Echies each year. Green Envy "gets weird on me" every summer as the blooms no longer show any green coloration. Only the very first few blooms, in spring, have any green in them. Only one still blooming fairly well is "Hot Lava" (pic attached)

Thumbnail by amorecuore
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

The fanciest one I have is Doppleganger. It does some strange blooming too. Topknots,doubles even throws a few that looks like mini dahlia.

BB,
I'm using a laser right now but I have to have a mousepad 'cause I just found a whole nest of ladybug mousepads on zazzle.com....I just can't make up my mind on which design.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

linkin' ya
http://www.zazzle.com/ladybug+mousepads

Have Doppelganger seeds, but haven't tried them. The new Echinacea "Pink Poodle" is a bit similar. It opens up with the two layers of blooms. The top layer continues to expand and open giving it the appearance of a dahlia like full double.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

The Doppleganger will look like the Pink Poodle sometimess. Not sure that's it's nature,heat,water or other factors. Only got single blooms this year. We had an unusually wet and cool growing season.

I heard Doppelganger plants take two years before you get some of them double level blooms?? The first year is usually all singles???

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I don't think mine bloomed at all the first year.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Are you telling me I will not see blooms from those dopplegangers you sent me for 2 years?? whaaaaaaah! Thanks P! Im running them out to a pot NOW!

Look for a ECH 2010 thread coming soon...

Hot lava looks cool! Im looking for a bunch of kinds.. dont care on color.. they going for naturalizing.

Hot Lava is one of them new hybrids that can't be grown from seed. You can harvest seeds from hybrids but you're most likely to get something different when they grow and bloom.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

ECHINECEAS for 2010 - WHOSE IN!

go here!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060286/

Yeah I hear ya Jon on that. For me though for the naturalization effort. does not matter! I let the ones established just seed them selves or add to it on ones I get in later and well the echs seem tobe a slow go, but they are starting to make established little areas that they like! *G*!

(Daniel) Mount Orab, OH(Zone 6b)

I will be growing the species and the Black Prince, if I can find it! And I will be growing the species Echin, + any I get in the Piggy Swap!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

ok, dialups, were getting long here so time for a linky!!

Im working on it..

SNAPDRAGONS for 2010 - WHOSE IN.. coming up...

oh and I heard a new request.. bachy buttons..

Bare with me, Ill be baaaaaack!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok, Someone was asking me about coleus and I found a link for them to go to.. I will start a COLEUS for 2010 - from there down the road so watch for it ok! and just remind me! That thread is still building there!

So heres for the coleus club!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1029872/#new
----------

And.. drum roll pelz!...the new snap link thread...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1060468/

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.